Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frazier's visit to Arkansas-Mom's point of view!

Started by itsamomthang, January 14, 2013, 10:54:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Root Down

Thank you for sharing :razorback:

politicians vs neighbors.....eye opening, at least the program is in good hands

Arthur pigby sellers.

Thanks for the update Josh's mom.
Did Partridge or Bielema happen to mention a certain Houston Texan by the name of JJ Watt who was playing in the sunday playoff game while y'all were there?  He was out of college delivering pizzas for one year before coming to Wisconsin as a tight end.  They changed him to a D lineman and now he's an all pro.  If I were his coach, I would probably name drop him to all future recruits.

Abominable Hillbilly

Thanks mom.  Thank you for sharing.  Woo PigSooie!!
"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

CallThoseHawgs

La1hog

"itsamomthang", thanks for the info. I have never been and will probably never be privy to this kind of first hand info. I also should not expect to be. I am glad to hear your opinion of the current staff as compared to the previous staff. I, as you, am very proud to see coach Johnson remaining with this staff. He has always impressed me with his interviews.

By reading your comments and listening to you son's interviews, I am extremely impressed. He reminds me a lot of a kid who graduated from our high school a few years ago "Mingo" from LSU. He has always been a very polite young man with his head on correctly. It will pay big dividends in the near future.

No matter where Joshua goes, "even that dreaded "A" school to the east", I will a big fan. Seems like the young man has his head on straight, priorities in line, and his up bringing at home will help keep him grounded when the the pressure of his popularity may cause him to stray. Still have to admit, I am getting on my knees right now asking the good Lord to please bless the Razorbacks with his signature. We sure have been through a lot this past year.

Bubba's Bruisers

How in the world does anybody give mom a smite? 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Slimac4

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 14, 2013, 04:29:15 pm
How in the world does anybody give mom a smite?

Ha that's the kid that plays wr for Har-ber that came on here a few weeks back talking about how poor Joshua's work ethic was lol.  There will always be people that hate on what you're accomplishing.

Hogeration

This is a great thread.  It's really cool to hear a recruit's mom's pov.  Thanks for the inside info.

RazorPiggie

Deepwoods

Josh Frazier has a very cool mom. WPS!!  :razorback:
And if you're wrong...what are the consequences?

Dirty

hogdogcrazy

Appreciate you sharing these details of a vist that we normally wouldn't hear.

Thanks.
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

OTTER

Quote from: Deepwoods on January 14, 2013, 05:01:08 pm
Josh Frazier has a very cool mom. WPS!!  :razorback:
I might just have to adopt her as my mom!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

PigTimePlayer

Thanks Mom . . . this is such great insight and so interesting to see a perspective that we don't get to see.  appreciate you taking time to share! I understand Josh will make his own decision, but sure want to see him running through that A and calling the Hogs!

"Coach Bielema and his coaches had me and Joshua feeling like we were talking to our next door neighbors as opposed to Petrino's bunch that had me feeling like we were talking to a bunch of politicians who were scrambling for our vote in the next election." . . . that's a solid gold quote right there.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Deepwoods

Quote from: OTTER on January 14, 2013, 05:37:44 pm
I might just have to adopt her as my mom!

Me too! Think she would take a few of us in. lol
And if you're wrong...what are the consequences?

Melorock089

Thanks so much for the insight! Was a really good read to see how our coaches represent us, it gives me alot of confidence in their ability.

Good luck with the process for you and Josh! Of course, we all want him to come here. It'll break alot of hearts if he goes elsewhere, but best of luck to him to where ever he feels best. (unless against Arkansas)

I'm going to speak a little selfishly here, but could I ask you to tell us Alabama's pitch when the time comes? :D

Mrcoolhog55

Thank You, for sharing this recruiting of your son with all of us here on Hogville. I will pray for you, and your son. I hope he will choose the Hogs. My youngest son attends the U.OF.A. Thanks again. Great Post. I know this coaching staff led by our Head Coach CBB is top notch, number 1 in my mind. Great things are in the Hogs future. Let us all be patient till CBB gets all the players he wants for his system. Go Hogs Go.... God bless you, and your son.

jfisdirtybird

tophawg19

Thanks MOM .  class post from a classy lady. Did you get the feel that they expect him to play right away or red shirt ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HogT

Quote from: itsamomthang on January 14, 2013, 10:54:18 am
Hey all.  I said I'd be getting back to y'all about Joshua's visit.  I know many have been waiting with baited breath.

Well, shortly after we arrived, we discovered that it was Coach Bielema's 43rd birthday yesterday.  He met us at the door in a warm-up suit and flip-flops along with 2 other coaches.  He was so pleasant and relaxed as he shared his world views on the importance of flip-flops, and although I don't wear them much, I happen to agree.  I get pretty cranky when I have to wear shoes that hurt my feet. 

This coaching staff compared to Petrino's is much more relatable and genuine.  It didn't get past me and Joshua last year that Petrino's bunch just seemed a bit pretentious and overly mushy towards him as an athlete.  Joshua appreciated the candor and down-to-"earthiness" of this bunch a lot more.

I must say, we had a very good visit.  I will try to refrain from speaking for Joshua, he doesn't like for me to do that, but my take on his reaction was a VERY positive one.  Our visit with CBB and Coach Partridge was encouraging.  Joshua was attentive and engaged throughout the visit.  His time spent with the strengthening coach, Bob Herbert, was especially enjoyable to Joshua.  Coach Herbert is a very intense, results-oriented trainer who will take our players to another level physically to prepare for the most formidable of opponents. 

Coach Partridge seems to be a fair and no-nonsense DL coach who is versatile in his approach to how he handles relationships with players.  Joshua seemed particularly pleased with some of the tips Coach Partridge showed him in how he focuses on opponents and how to get the upper hand when the ball is snapped. 

Academically, what the school has to offer for student athletes is bar-none the best of the best.  I'm so glad to see what Arkansas puts into seeing to it that their athletes achieve in the classroom as well as on the field.  I've made it clear before, as to who I want to take my son to through and to the next phase of his life/career and that is Arkansas. 

I will say to those of you with questions about their ability to recruit, you should trust their process.  They get to know who they are recruiting and have the ability to line right up with what any player is looking for in a school, a team, or a coaching staff...and its not because their placating the recruit, it's just that they are just that versatile and relatable to just about anyone they come into contact with. 

Coach Bielema and his coaches had me and Joshua feeling like we were talking to our next door neighbors as opposed to Petrino's bunch that had me feeling like we were talking to a bunch of politicians who were scrambling for our vote in the next election.

They've set the bar very high and in my opinion, will be the ones to beat as we continue through the recruitment process.  I have a very keen sense of judgement and believe this is the team my son will want to play for unless someone else just comes and completely blows them out of the water - but it's gonna take a lot for that to happen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS NUFF SAID^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

Hoggish1

Quote from: itsamomthang on January 14, 2013, 10:54:18 am

Bob Herbert, was especially enjoyable to Joshua.  Coach Herbert is a very intense, results-oriented trainer who will take our players to another level physically to prepare for the most formidable of opponents. 

Dear Mom, this was your best endorsement! 

31to6

Interestingly this echoes a long conversation I had with the mother of an out of state high-profile recruit from a past season with whom I do business (several elite offers, 4*/ESPN150-type guy). Said lots of nice things about us, our facilities, etc. But said Petrino was cold and distant.

Hopefully with CBB and the new staff we can move from getting the elite looks to getting our share of the elite signatures.

hoglady

And that was the best post on Hogville in a long, long time.
Thank You.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogball33

Great post! I wish we had more players parents give great insight into the recruitment. I as well would pull for my son to play for CBB. I love the Hogs and flip flops. WPS! Hope we can keep you home Josh!

lewd and lascivious

This is a very insightful post and I appreciate the time taken to give that update.  It seems very evident that at the very least that Ms. Frazier holds Arkansas in high regard just based on the effort to write that detailed post.

I've followed Josh on Twitter for about a year and made it clear that I thought that he was the #1 target for next year and even started a thread about it that Josh read and posted on Twitter:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=493421.msg7430130#msg7430130

Hopefully some of the more zealous fans on here keep in mind that some 17 year old young men and their families may read this board and it only helps if they show some decorum when it comes to things that are said on here.  Maybe they could pretend that every recruit's parent reads and posts here.

HogInFlorida

In his interview at the UA combine he mentioned USC as his "dream school". If USC offered him (which they probably will) then could he go there over Bama or Arkansas?
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Nipsey Mussle

Thanks so much for sharing! I usually see Jimmy Dykes at the har-ber games but Mama Frazier is the real celebrity  :)

You must be a cook. No boy ever got to 320 without their mom being a great cook!

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

lewd and lascivious

Quote from: HogInFlorida on January 15, 2013, 12:53:29 am
In his interview at the UA combine he mentioned USC as his "dream school". If USC offered him (which they probably will) then could he go there over Bama or Arkansas?

Judging solely by his Twitter, his interest in USC may be centered around the proximity to Kendall Jenner. If he considered them, I would hope that Lane Kiffin wouldn't be his coach. What a travesty that would be.

Hogchick

Thank you for sharing. From one mom to another you have obviously done a great job raising him. God bless y'all!!

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

+1 for using placating in a post, Mom! Seriously, good stuff there. It sounds like you will make sure your son keeps his head on straight no matter where you guys decide is best.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

+3  Thanks Mom!  I hope your son ends up at the You of A!  Coach BB and his staff are RECRUITERS as well as coaches.  RECRUITERS in the very postive sense of the word!  People who care about their players and their development as players and men.  People who want to see your son get a college degree from the You of A! 

Coach BB can win at Arkansas with a balanced offense and great defense!  With great RECRUITERS you CAN go head to head with Alabama and LSU!  Arkansas has the facilities, the fan support, and the opportunity in the SEC to win a National Championship! 

younghog

@itsamomthang

Appreciate the insight on the visit and your honesty on the coaches..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

oldbear

Wow!!! Whatever school gets this young man's signature is going to get something special.  For him to have a mom that writes like that, he certainly is not a "dumb jock."  There is a great deal of insight and class in your post ma'am.  I think a football team that is built on players who are intelligent and good teammates, along with being skilled athletically, is miles ahead of one that doesn't really care what kind of person they are recruiting. 

I hope that is what C2B is building, and I hope your son becomes a part of it.  Regardless, after reading your post and hearing him talk to Richard on the radio, I believe your son is well on his way to being very successful as a person.  That really is what matters most.