Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

As of right now I see 3 SEC teams making the dance.

Started by nwahogfan1, January 25, 2016, 08:46:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

Kentucky, A&M and probable one more team but that is debatable.  If another gets in then I think it is a team that gets hot late.  Maybe LSU?   Maybe South Carolina but I think they will fade because of lack of offensive talent.  Maybe Florida?  Vandy was rated early but I unless they get really, really hot I don't think so.     But I think only 3 teams.   We have lots of very average teams in our Conference.  But with Schools putting a bigger emphasis on BB facilities, Coaching and recruiting I think we will start having 6+ teams very, very soon.

ShadowHawg

I think 5 is reasonable, but the ceiling. Depends on how Fla, LSU, and SC finish. I think SC will struggle to make the tournament though.

MountieDawg

What you have to understand is its way to early to tell... There are a ton of teams out there with more than 4 to 5 losses... Its the parody year!!!
SEC!

NuttinItUp

If it ended right now, A&M, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Florida would likely be in.
http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Obviously it depends on how everyone plays from here on out, though.

HotlantaHog

South Carolina has a notably weak schedule -- weak compared to Arkansas, which hasn't played as tough of a schedule as usual.

Every year, the NCAA committee rewards teams that play extremely tough schedules even if they have a lot of losses, and penalizes teams that have extremely weak schedules with a lot of wins.

I think South Carolina is very likely a team with a huge number of wins that gets left out.