Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Basketball Refs

Started by mbgrulz, January 23, 2016, 07:38:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mbgrulz

If I had a route 44 soda pushing on my bladder to the point of not being able to sit still and saw a SEC ref on fire, I would cross my legs and hold that piss in.

maxhog5

Take a midol and change your tampon.  Or maybe ask mama to get your pacifier.

WorfHog

The refs are terrible, but you can't expect calls on the road unless you UK or Ben Simmons...

The refs are literally star struck...

We just don't have any stars.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: maxhog5 on January 23, 2016, 07:39:31 pm
Take a midol and change your tampon.  Or maybe ask mama to get your pacifier.

I sure hope your a women because you obviously don't have balls.

Knot2brite

Officals are going to miss calls. They missed several today and they will miss several in the remaining games this year. What has to happen is the team has to have the ability  to FIDO( forget it drive on) to the next play. This is mental toughness and I  seeing more and more of the weakness come out. Moses got a technical foul last game and was mentally shook today. The walking  call was bad but at the end of regulation we had a chance to win. A bad inbounds pass cost us a legitimate chance to win in regulation. Who knows what the play call was because the inbounder threw the ball down the sideline ( a no no from when I was coaching basketball) to a guarded man. That is just as much mental toughness as any of the other
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

XavierZane

Home or road doesn't matter.  The SEC refs show gross incompetence every single game.  It's to the point that they actively make watching any contest worse. 

hobhog

Missed opportunity. Not refs fault. Look to the bench....

jfred59

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 23, 2016, 07:46:49 pm
Officals are going to miss calls. They missed several today and they will miss several in the remaining games this year. What has to happen is the team has to have the ability  to FIDO( forget it drive on) to the next play. This is mental toughness and I  seeing more and more of the weakness come out. Moses got a technical foul last game and was mentally shook today. The walking  call was bad but at the end of regulation we had a chance to win. A bad inbounds pass cost us a legitimate chance to win in regulation. Who knows what the play call was because the inbounder threw the ball down the sideline ( a no no from when I was coaching basketball) to a guarded man. That is just as much mental toughness as any of the other

Lers dont forget the botched shot clock violation call....they clearly blew that one.  From what I saw it was one official for the most part that made all of the critical calls againstus

Knot2brite

Quote from: jfred59 on January 23, 2016, 07:48:24 pm
Lers dont forget the botched shot clock violation call....they clearly blew that one.  From what I saw it was one official for the most part that made all of the critical calls againstus
oh mr clean the younger had a field day making calls today...but the bottom line is that at the end of regulation ...we had a chance ...we just didn't get the job done
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

jfred59

Oh I agree that this bunch did enough to lose it without the refs help but that are just plain awful

Sharky

Quote from: XavierZane on January 23, 2016, 07:47:12 pm
Home or road doesn't matter.  The SEC refs show gross incompetence every single game.  It's to the point that they actively make watching any contest worse.

Stop the conspiracy theories. The refs are not out to get us. We swat like crazy, trying to impart "hell" on the other team. It's our playing style that leads to more calls, not the refs. Strategy: Swat swat swat trap swat swat trap swat. We give a lot of fouls and rotate a lot of players in and out so prevent foul-outs--that's our strategy.

hogginbama

Quote from: Sharky on January 23, 2016, 08:14:40 pm
Stop the conspiracy theories. The refs are not out to get us. We swat like crazy, trying to impart "hell" on the other team. It's our playing style that leads to more calls, not the refs. Strategy: Swat swat swat trap swat swat trap swat. We give a lot of fouls and rotate a lot of players in and out so prevent foul-outs--that's our strategy.

So saying the "refs suck" win or lose is a conspiracy theory. I have played/watched organized basketball for many, many years across the country and the refs absolutely suck in each and every game. There is absolutely no consistency, no accountability and no desire to get it right a majority of the time. To say that certain teams don't get the favorable calls is living with your head in the sand. Being stationed in Big 10 country for the last 7 yrs has allowed me to watch a lot of northern ball, the refs here are definitely more consistent with their calls. If they are calling the hand stuff to start the game, they are calling it to end the game. Body contact is called pretty evenly on both ends of the court. Sad thing is, the SEC office knows the product the officials they get is not of a high quality, but they just don't give a damn. As a fan, we should expect even, consistent officiating, win or lose. To say, "that is just the way it is" is a sign of apathy that any organization should get rid of.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Wild Bill Hog

Impossible to hate SEC refs because there is no such thing.

98hogs

The Refs at Jawja took that game

MountieDawg

I have found evidence of a large group of underground referees called "REA" Refs Against Arkansas, it contains 95% of all refs regardless of sport. They have made it next to impossible for the Hogs to win. Until this group is demolished there is no chance of the Hogs ever winning!  HEAVY SARCASM!!! 

Many of you probably believe this to avoid blaming players, coaches and shooting.
SEC!

jbcarol

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats 16h16 hours ago

Final FT numbers: Vandy (20/25), UK (4/6)
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247 12h12 hours ago

What an absolutely horrible call. That ball was tipped.

These guys are so bad. Every night. It's amazing.

Missing bang-bang calls is understandable. Missing 100 percent obvious calls is something else. The latter happens far too often.

Mind you, the refs haven't decided this game. Not even close. They're just awful. And I'm tired of watching them be awful.

FINAL IN KNOXVILLE: Arkansas 75, Tennessee 65. #Vols struggle without Kevin Punter and Robert Hubbs. Just Hogs' third ever win in Knoxville.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247  17h17 hours ago
Wow. Doesn't take much to get an injury timeout these days. Coach just tells ref, my guy can't guard their guy.

jbcarol

Tyler Thompson ‏@MrsTylerKSR 18h18 hours ago

Calipari finally sounds off on officiating: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/calipari-finally-sounds-off-on-officiating/ ...

Quote"Look, Alex did not walk. You saw it. He did not walk. And he didn't trip the guy. Those are like two ridiculous calls. But that kind of caved him in. You can't be that way. Next! We've had it all year — ALL YEAR — we've had that. So? Just play. We're trying to talk to him about that. You can't let a call or a play cave you in. Just play through."

https://twitter.com/Scott_Charlton/status/703712027722825728