Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks @ Georgia

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 23, 2016, 04:27:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RzRbAcK18

Bogghawg

I really hate the consistent no effort the Hogs give to rebounding or even thinking about rebounding.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Atlhogfan1

Much better job today getting hands on the basketball on the def end than on Th night. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PORKULATOR

I'm so embarrassed right now. Razorback basketball used to mean something other than giving up coast to coast layups and missed free throws.

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

phadedhawg

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Cavtastic Voyage

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 23, 2016, 05:37:55 pm
The system.  Playing for later in the game.  Kind of outdated thought at times but it is what it is.  Hannahs 33 min vs UK and Bell 28 less than 48 hours ago.  He wants them fresh late.

I get the idea. But I just feel like we are giving up more by pulling those guys there. You get two more stops and bell or Hannah's hits a 3 or 2. That deflates a team.  But I also don't believe the press works. And considering we have good shooters, let's play more half court, play 8 players and bet we shoot better than the other team.

HogInThaGrove

That 2nd group killed any and all momentum we had.

Mike is hard headed and it's gonna catch up to him far more than it will benefit him.

With all the TV timeouts and the timeouts we get, I honestly don't see any reason most of the first unit can't play literally almost the whole game. They don't need 5 minutes of game time rest.

Especially on the road. Play them more on the road and play the subs more at home where they are comfortable.

But hey, what do I know....

Bogghawg

Let's find someone other than Beard to take wide open last second shots.

hogman99

Quote from: Bogghawg on January 23, 2016, 05:46:30 pm
I really hate the consistent no effort the Hogs give to rebounding or even thinking about rebounding.

They are doing what the coaches teach.

razorbackchamps94

Atlhogfan1

Better than last season at Athens at the half - down 7 last year. 

Hogs +4 on FGA even though UGa is up 23-12 in reb (5-2 in off reb)

Only 4 Hogs assist so far.  Needs to change.  That isn't our offense. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

RzRbAcK18

cornsyrup

Quote from: Bogghawg on January 23, 2016, 05:47:51 pm
Let's find someone other than Beard to take wide open last second shots.

first he's gotta pass the ball.

hogman99

Quote from: Cavtastic Voyage on January 23, 2016, 05:49:14 pm
I get the idea. But I just feel like we are giving up more by pulling those guys there. You get two more stops and bell or Hannah's hits a 3 or 2. That deflates a team.  But I also don't believe the press works. And considering we have good shooters, let's play more half court, play 8 players and bet we shoot better than the other team.

Plus they at least have 6 timeouts per half and a halftime break. They are young and in shape they should not be getting tired with all those breaks. However, the coach makes the decision about the subs pattern.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Cavtastic Voyage on January 23, 2016, 05:49:14 pm

Probably a discussion outside of the game thread but it is why I used the word outdated. 

Cavtastic Voyage

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on January 23, 2016, 05:35:01 pm
Start Hannahs and Bell together is fine, but you have to stagger them going in and out after that. Like leave Bell in for a min or two longer than Hannahs. Then bring Bell back in for Hannahs, for a couple min, then bring Bell back and have them both on the floor.  Then do the opposite next time.

Whole sale subs are retarded. Shows no planning or imagination and a lack of knowledge of what the team is capable of doing.

This x1000

WMHawgfan

Score 14 in the first 6 minutes and 11 in the last 14 minutes.  We have got to have more options than Bell and Hannahs. The entire second unit looked terrible.

PORKULATOR

If we lose this game, I'm on the fire Mike Anderson train. I wanted here too. I thought things would be different. Instead, we're still losing the best in state recruits and losing games to people we should pound.
The officials don't fear him like they do Pearl or Cal. Time for a change. I know I'm basing my final straw on a road game, but theme the breaks. I'm sick of losing at every sport. Basketball especially.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hawgphish

Quote from: cornsyrup on January 23, 2016, 05:51:45 pm
Speaking of Beard, his game seems to have taken a set back this year.  Maybe it is like a hitter's slump in baseball but he looks out of sync.

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: cornsyrup on January 23, 2016, 05:51:45 pm

Beard hasn't been the 'stabilizing PG' many hoped he'd become. He has some chucker to him.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Justifiable Hogicide

cornsyrup

Quote from: Hawgphish on January 23, 2016, 05:51:58 pm
Speaking of Beard, his game seems to have taken a set back this year.  Maybe it is like a hitter's slump in baseball but he looks out of sync.

I just don't think his ceiling is as high as we thought. Durham is a better passer and frankly is a lot smarter. He is a streaky shooter, reminds me of derrick rose in that he makes 1 or 2 really fantastic plays, but then 4 or 5 boneheaded ones.

Atlhogfan1

Beard looks like Beard to me.  He had better players around him last season especially when he gets put with the second unit.  He feels he needs to force it on the offensive end as he is the option to score.  Whitt hasn't shown to be the scorer hoped yet and that was probably unfair expectations.  Hopefully someone steps up in the second half as Harris did in Athens last season. 

Cavtastic Voyage

We have 8 players that should play. It's just so stupid. The press does not work. It hasn't in years. We have great shooters but Anderson runs there legs out and then they can't shoot. But you know HAWG BALL. Also I seriously doubt we are the only team that conditions well. So I'm tired of hearing how we are going to tire them out. Hannahs and Bell should play 30 min a game and should shoot a minimum 10 3s a piece

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Cavtastic Voyage on January 23, 2016, 05:52:59 pm
This x1000
couldn't disagree more...the two on the floor at the same time puts pressure on the defense to cover two shooters...however, this only works when they are hitting their shots....25 points in one half not even close to what these guys should be putting on the board, even with Moses Kingsley taking himself out of the game by fouling
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

elksnort

Never thought I'd miss Alandis Harris but had help this team

drester77

Different game if Moses wasn't in foul trouble.

Atlhogfan1

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PonderinHog

cornsyrup

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PonderinHog

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

PonderinHog

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Bogghawg

PonderinHog

Atlhogfan1

Hogs doing a good job pushing with the ball this half.  Better pace.

Hawgphish

PonderinHog

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Atlhogfan1

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

cornsyrup

Impressed with Frazier.. he's a solid player.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!