Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

StubHub's Impact on Tonight

Started by HogFaninMemphis, January 21, 2016, 01:49:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFaninMemphis

I don't know if any of you have been looking at StubHub for tonight's game, but it's worth a look:
http://www.stubhub.com/arkansas-razorbacks-basketball-tickets-arkansas-vs-kentucky-1-21-2016/event/9401206/
It's clear based on this that scalpers gobbled up about 1,000 tickets for tonight's game and haven't sold any. You can sit anywhere in the upper deck for $10. Because of this I am expecting a smaller crowd than most expect, unless the students can fill up the upper deck. It's disappointing that this kind of thing is commonplace now. The scalpers can't annoy us outside the arena anymore, so they've taken their fight to the internet. Tonight, I expect their presence to be felt by hundreds of seats--presumed to be sold by the University--empty in our biggest game of the year.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

jry04

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on January 21, 2016, 01:49:24 pm
I don't know if any of you have been looking at StubHub for tonight's game, but it's worth a look:
http://www.stubhub.com/arkansas-razorbacks-basketball-tickets-arkansas-vs-kentucky-1-21-2016/event/9401206/
It's clear based on this that scalpers gobbled up about 1,000 tickets for tonight's game and haven't sold any. You can sit anywhere in the upper deck for $10. Because of this I am expecting a smaller crowd than most expect, unless the students can fill up the upper deck. It's disappointing that this kind of thing is commonplace now. The scalpers can't annoy us outside the arena anymore, so they've taken their fight to the internet. Tonight, I expect their presence to be felt by hundreds of seats--presumed to be sold by the University--empty in our biggest game of the year.
Happens everywhere, unfortunately. There will be 16,000-17,000+ there regardless. The upper deck section behind where the team comes out is typically reserved for student section overflow. I expect it to have a lot more people in it than usual. It won't be filled to capacity, but you won't be able to notice too many empty seats in the lower level.

razoredge178

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on January 21, 2016, 01:49:24 pm

I must be going to the wrong arena. I encounter 4-6 scalpers walking from lot 56 through the Gardens to BWA every single game.

Wild Bill Hog

I'm guessing there will be a totally outstanding crowd in BWA.

hogsanity

Quote from: razoredge178 on January 21, 2016, 03:27:27 pm
I must be going to the wrong arena. I encounter 4-6 scalpers walking from lot 56 through the Gardens to BWA every single game.

maybe, but it is not like it used to be.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

MikePiazza

Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Wild Bill Hog

Pancetta

It's not scalping if they are selling for face or less. Wouldn't $10 tickets on stubhub mean more people can afford to go to the game?
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Tony Perkis

I don't think Stubhub has anything to do with it. I can't even sell my lower level tickets for face right now.

HamIAm

Stubhub now has $6 upper level seats. They also have $140 lower level seats.  Wish I lived close enough to go to more than an occassional game.

JenksHawg

Quote from: Tony Perkis on January 21, 2016, 04:11:30 pm
I don't think Stubhub has anything to do with it. I can't even sell my lower level tickets for face right now.

Agree - Stubhub is not the enemy, they provide a service for guys like me that live out of town (Tulsa) to buy legit tickets, and also a way for individuals to resale their personal tickets - when you see big markup that's not from Stubhub that's from the seller.  We can't blame our inability to sell out on Stubhub.

k.c.hawg

Hell if you stand at the door with you stubhub app open you'll be able to buy a ticket for less than $10 before tip off. Stubhub rocks!!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

NuttinItUp

Stubhub just allows easier transactions. If people want to go, they will buy the tickets.

MikePiazza

18,588. Fans showed up, and got a clunker of a game.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.