Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky vs Arkansas

Started by jdunhog, January 12, 2016, 10:12:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdunhog

Will be a sellout and a helluva game. David vs Goliath with Malik Monk in attendance with his Kentucky shirt on. Bring them on!!!!

Hollywood_HOGan45

we play LSU first but I cannot wait to go to this game next thursday!

jdunhog

We are expected to get beat by LSU.  They beat Kentucky by 18!

intelligence

Quote from: jdunhog on January 12, 2016, 10:15:33 pm

We're gonna get pasted by LSU. they rebound really well and have tons of scorers and good size. Kentucky might be more winnable. They aren't very good inside and Ulis is being asked to play a ton of minutes.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Yes, LSU has so much talent but they are up and down.

Hopefully they are down again on Sat night.

Biggus Piggus

Craig Sword scored 20 on Kentucky tonight, and Malik Newman had 14. MSU had outstanding shooting percentages.

Kentucky won because they dominated the boards + MSU had 19 turnovers.

Skal Labissiere has become an afterthought. Yup, UK is the place where one-and-dones are taken care of best!
[CENSORED]!

Iwastherein1969

Every game is different....can't compare scores, especially in hoops...we just ran Mizzou out of their own gym by 34...Auburn just lost to Mizzou by 15 in the same arena...according to your theory of comparing scores, that means we beat AU by 49 ?  I seriously doubt that's gonna happen...not even close...each game presents different match-ups and you go from there
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: intelligence on January 12, 2016, 10:15:59 pm
We're gonna get pasted by LSU. they rebound really well and have tons of scorers and good size. Kentucky might be more winnable. They aren't very good inside and Ulis is being asked to play a ton of minutes.

One good thing: Arkansas gets an extra day of rest, which helps offset back-to-back road games.

LSU depends a lot on turnover margin and taking the ball to the hole. Best case is if Arkansas's guards start making threes, which will prompt LSU's guards to start taking too many shots. If they pound the ball inside, the Hogs will have problems.
[CENSORED]!

intelligence

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 12, 2016, 10:22:15 pm
One good thing: Arkansas gets an extra day of rest, which helps offset back-to-back road games.

LSU depends a lot on turnover margin and taking the ball to the hole. Best case is if Arkansas's guards start making threes, which will prompt LSU's guards to start taking too many shots. If they pound the ball inside, the Hogs will have problems.

One thing i noticed from the UK/LSU game is that UK was selling out to stop simmons at all costs. This left Quarterman and others open as the double and sometimes triple teams collapsed on Simmons. I hope we don't try that. We'll have a bad time if we do and they are hot from 3.

Biggus Piggus

As much as I want to destroy Kentucky, beating LSU would be huge.
[CENSORED]!

hawginbigd1

Are you trying to keep your mizzou prediction mojo going?? It must be it because you surely don't want to look that silly again for no good reason, LOL!

Atlhogfan1

18 reg season wins looks achievable
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HognitiveDissonance

I also think we have a 50/50 shot at beating Kentucky at home.

intelligence

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 12, 2016, 10:44:59 pm
Are you trying to keep your mizzou prediction mojo going?? It must be it because you surely don't want to look that silly again for no good reason, LOL!

No. i honestly don't think we will beat either LSU or Kentucky.

Kevin

Very rarely play well in Baton Rouge   
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

cosmodrum

I like the way the Hogs are trending, but LSU should roll us.

Go away, batin'

AirForceHog

Quote from: intelligence on January 12, 2016, 11:10:56 pm
No. i honestly don't think we will beat either LSU or Kentucky.

Thanks for the honesty. I still think the Hogs have a chance to win both.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

wheelspigharvey

I'd be over the moon if we could win either game

MountieDawg

Quote from: jdunhog on January 12, 2016, 10:12:58 pm
Will be a sellout and a helluva game. David vs Goliath with Malik Monk in attendance with his Kentucky shirt on. Bring them on!!!!

Stub hub has tons of tickets for $9... Lower level for $50
SEC!

gmarv

winning one of these next two will be big. if I have to pick I really like beating kenlucky.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: gmarv on January 13, 2016, 08:26:25 am
winning one of these next two will be big. if I have to pick I really like beating kenlucky.

THIS!
Beating UK in basketball is like beating Bama in football. Visibility to the basketball program.

intelligence

Quote from: AirForceHog on January 13, 2016, 01:45:33 am
Thanks for the honesty. I still think the Hogs have a chance to win both.

fair enough. i hope we do beat them. i hate kentucky with a passion.

bphi11ips

Hogs can beat anyone shooting the way they did last night.  It will happen again this season with this group.  The question is when.

I like Hannahs' running jumpers and floaters and Whit's little jumper from 15 feet.  Those are money and more consistently reliable than the three pointers that have been raining lately.  They also open up the bigs cutting to the basket.  Kingsley is becoming a steady presence in the low post the Hogs have been missing for years.  Durham is a true point guard.  Bell and Hannahs are the best three point shooters we've seen in a while.

This is a good basketball team that can beat you in a number of ways. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on January 13, 2016, 06:33:37 am
I'd be over the moon if we could win either game
I'd take that or win both  of them and then let down against a schmuck
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hogwood

Just had a dream that we lost 52-7. Yikes. Don´t think that will happen though.

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 12, 2016, 10:39:58 pm
As much as I want to destroy Kentucky, beating LSU would be huge.
it is possible to win both

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: jdunhog on January 12, 2016, 10:12:58 pm
Or, 'Godzilla vs Dracula' as Guy V. Lewis said on TV once?

Memorable quote.

Atlhogfan1

January 16, 2016, 04:38:17 pm #27 Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:08:10 pm by Atlhogfan1
Looks like AU will win.  Up 7 with 19.8 left. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ADavisTheGOAT

Cal is mediocre as a coach. He relies on talent alone.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Atlhogfan1

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400830399

AU 12-26 from 3 - made up for being -17 in FGA's due to 18 UK off reb

+13 in FTA partially due to some late fouling by UK 

I could see Hogs using this formula to beat UK in BWA.

WorfHog

January 16, 2016, 05:19:12 pm #30 Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:32:23 pm by WorfHog
Kentucky is the most unsporting team in the nation. Don't even stick around to shake hands, off the court before the game is over.  They just expect that they should be given every game and when they don't win they throw tantrums. I hate Kentucky and Cal! Congrats to Auburn! Hogs have a good shot!

Atlhogfan1

January 16, 2016, 05:20:21 pm #31 Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:31:19 pm by Atlhogfan1
Quote from: WorfHog on January 16, 2016, 05:19:12 pm
Kentucky is the most unsporting team in the nation. Don't even stick around to shake hands, off the court before the game is over.  Congrats to Auburn! Hogs have a good shot!

Right decision.  AU fans have no idea how to act when winning in basketball.  With the locker room opposite end from UK bench, can't blame Cal.  Avoid an incident with fans vs UK players. 

UK's trip to BWA will be their 4th road trip in 5 games.  They aren't hurting opponents from 3.  Kind of reminds me of the UK team from 2014 in that off reb offsets it. 

They are 6th in college bask in off reb %.
They are 287th in 3pt made per game. 

jry04

Auburn could have won that going away if they were able to shoot worth a flip. UK was slow getting back, and played with very little effort. That has kind of been the way they have played all season, though. Auburn was just shooting up bricks on wide open shot attempts early in the game. Give us those looks and we will score a lot in a hurry on UK.

Hogz87

Watching he highlights on SEC Network and no wonder Auburn won.  Two of the made 3s they showed during the highlight segment were just absurd, ridiculous, "that was a fluke" three-pointers, especially the stepback, fadeaway, heavily contested banked in 25-footer.

WorfHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 16, 2016, 05:20:21 pm
Right decision.  AU fans have no idea how to act when winning in basketball.  With the locker room opposite end from UK bench, can't blame Cal.  Avoid an incident with fans vs UK players. 

UK's trip to BWA will be their 4th road trip in 5 games.  They aren't hurting opponents from 3.  Kind of reminds me of the UK team from 2014 in that off reb offsets it. 

They are 6th in college bask in off reb %.
They are 287th in 3pt made per game.

Was it the "right desicion" to taunt Auburn players and fans as they left the court?  Cal's slime and so are his players.

hogwood

People who are going to the game should make signs that say BEAT SLIMEBALL U!

hogsfan31

Quote from: hogwood on January 19, 2016, 03:08:59 pm
People who are going to the game should make signs that say BEAT SLIMEBALL U!

Nahhh...the students should have SELL OUT printed on small posters and hand them out to every person.

FreshHog

Quote from: hogsfan31 on January 19, 2016, 06:00:26 pm
Nahhh...the students should have SELL OUT printed on small posters and hand them out to every person.

Malik Monk should get 10, and 15 more mailed to his house after we beat them.

MountieDawg

Quote from: WorfHog on January 16, 2016, 08:34:36 pm
Was it the "right desicion" to taunt Auburn players and fans as they left the court?  Cal's slime and so are his players.

Taunting them?  I did see Ulis waving his hands like players do to get fans to get louder. Compare that to Pitino flipping off the crowd or Coach K not shaking hands with Syracuse players? 
SEC!

FATHAWG08

This guy is Good!
I love off season Football!!

hobhog

If there is ANY chance we go dancing this year, this is a must win.

Considering where we were just two weeks ago I can't believe I even just posted that, but I think it's true. Win here and somehow pick off UGA on road and we can start building a nice little conference resume'.

I know it's a long shot, but "we have a chance".

The real Hogules

It's at home, so we should get some help from the zebras and our team seems to shoot the 3 ball better in BWA.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hawginbigd1

Just saw in MMQB Vegas has us a 1.5 fav!

tysonr7

Halftime every day from 12-2 on ESPN Arkansas

Arky

UKChamps

Well, we are still not very good, but I'll take an SEC road win.

Atlhogfan1

2 3pt makes and only 12 attempts was not going to do it when UK was going to outrebound them.  Only caused 6 turnovers. 

ArkansasI

WTH was that?  If you're not thouroghly pissed off, then you're not a Hog fan. Out- hustled, out-defended, out-coached...  Moses Kingsley should line up his teammates and kick each of them in the ass.

That Kentucky team is beatable. We come off a tough loss at Baton Rouge and play without intensity. Things may get very ugly in the next couple of weeks. Don't blame the fans - the team should apologize for that performance.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: ArkansasI on January 21, 2016, 08:28:25 pm
WTH was that?  If you're not thouroghly pissed off, then you're not a Hog fan. Out- hustled, out-defended, out-coached...  Moses Kingsley should line up his teammates and kick each of them in the ass.

That Kentucky team is beatable. We come off a tough loss at Baton Rouge and play without intensity. Things may get very ugly in the next couple of weeks. Don't blame the fans - the team should apologize for that performance.

Can't disagree here, other than I thought Hannahs played his ass off also.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Letsroll1200

Quote from: ArkansasI on January 21, 2016, 08:28:25 pm

Overreaction!!!! Those guys played hard but just didn't make shots.