Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USC sure seems to be "happy go lucky" lately.

Started by Hog Belly, August 19, 2006, 02:42:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Belly

Read this on ESPN.com. Check the URL out below.

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/#00

I like what I'm seeing!

They're rip for the pick'n boys!

Hog Belly

Just read about USC on ESPN.com. Check the URL out below.

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/#00

I like what I am seeing!

They're rip for the pick'n boys!

sickboy1138

I don't understand.  I read that they are having a scrimmage tomorrow that is going to be a dress rehersal of the arkansas game.  They are going to even bus the players over from a hotel and have them do all the stuff they would do on game day.  Does that mean they already have their game plan installed.  I thought I just read somewhere that Arkansas has just started this week to install their game plan...and that was a week earlier then last year.  Is USC this far ahead of us as far as being prepared for Sept. 2nd? 

SPAL

they need to get their head right, after consecutive bye weeks, they play nebraska which could be a tough game for them.

SavageHog

After last year, do you think they believe that they really need to do any gameplanning?

HoopS

No mention of them having their gameplan already in.

Hugehogsfan

They are ripe for the picking, and hopefully we won't be RIP. 

WilsonHog

I'll be extremely surprised if Pete Carroll doesn't have his team ready to play.

Do you think maybe it's occurred to him that we'll be pumped for revenge and that the game is at our place?

Nah, surely he ain't that smart.

sickboy1138

I would just be surprised if they are ready to go on a gameplan with such a young team. 

HoopS

Oh yeah, they will be ready.  Something I have noticed in their scrimmages, either they have a lethal running attack or they struggle stopping the run.

Hugehogsfan

I hope that it is the latter.  I mean if Felix can have a huge game, we are going to be able to throw the ball and hopefully score some points.  I still think this game is going to be largely defensive while both QB's get used to the game.

Pork Twain

August 19, 2006, 03:21:52 pm #11 Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 03:24:59 pm by BeoPig
Quote from: sickboy1138 on August 19, 2006, 03:18:49 pm
I would just be surprised if they are ready to go on a gameplan with such a young team. 
Young Team???  Please elaborate...

I know playing Arkansas is like opening Pandora's Box but come on.  He has only had a freakin' year to get ready for the mighty Hogs.  If it was the game after ND I might agree with you but we are their first.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Landonhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 19, 2006, 02:56:49 pm
they need to get their head right, after consecutive bye weeks, they play nebraska which could be a tough game for them.

dress over the head....  take what you want boys...   

WEAK!

Hugehogsfan

Quote from: Landonhog on August 19, 2006, 03:24:02 pm
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 19, 2006, 02:56:49 pm

dress over the head....  take what you want boys...  

WEAK!

Both those quotes say volumes about our program right now.  I like Landonhogs better though.

hawaiianhogster

Ready? Lets see. We are learning a new system. USC is doing the same thing. They better be ready.

hawaiianhogster

USC doing what they've been doing for the past three years or so.

sickboy1138

Oh...yeah I have no doubt that they will be ready for us.  Don't get me wrong.  I think that it is obvious right now USC is top power house school that is going to be a national contender this year.  If you read the article in the link it says that they are going to be doing a dress rehersal tomorrow.  To me that sounds like they are ready for us right now.  I wondered how they got their game plan down so much quicker then us.

Brutalis

we'd be better prepared too if we had a better HC.
God, please let the my Hogs be just half as good as my Spurs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh meeennnnnnnnnnn

HoopS

Dress rehearsal to me meaning, how they arrive....being bused in, doing their Trojan Walk, or whatever they call it.  All the general things you do to prepare, stretching and warm ups.   I don't know that it means they have finalized plans.   

However, they didn't change offensive coordinators in the off season. In theory, they already know all their plays and we are still working on them. 

werehog

The USC running backs are going to be huge surprise if the prevailing belief is that the Trojans couldn't possibly have any sort of rushing attack after "5" and LenDale (the Spitter) White left.