Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All posts seem to bash coach somehow.

Started by missippihog, August 19, 2006, 01:39:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

missippihog

I am amazed at how nearly every post on this board ends up with a reply of some negativity of coach Nutt. I could say I had foot surgery yesterday and it would somehow end up Nutt's fault on here. Just my observation. I'm a hog fan, not a Nutt fan or anything else. Just like we all should be. Like I said, my opinion. GO HOGS!

Home is where the Hog is

Bingo!!!!  You will get a lot of hate for this statement but you will still be right.

Go Hogs!!!!!

idochog

Quote from: missippihog on August 19, 2006, 01:39:52 pm
I am amazed at how nearly every post on this board ends up with a reply of some negativity of coach Nutt. I could say I had foot surgery yesterday and it would somehow end up Nutt's fault on here. Just my observation. I'm a hog fan, not a Nutt fan or anything else. Just like we all should be. Like I said, my opinion. GO HOGS!

Well I find it truly amazing that if you make posts indicating you dont like HDN it somehow doesnt make you a Hog Fan. Dude it cuts both ways.
I love Jesus!

WichitaStateRazorback

missippihog

And as you can see KEYS. I said this is my opinion and did not say those that oppose it are right or wrong nor did I give any advice for how anyone should act. Thanks for your response though. Also, idochog, I didn't say you weren't a hog fan if that was your opinion either nor am I new to this board. Read posts closely before you reply.

RazorNick

Quote from: KEYS on August 19, 2006, 01:44:37 pm

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,68986.0.html

LOL, that was the perfect reply there.

ThisTeetsTaken

yeah, well, get ready for yet another home loss.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Tmac813

Just because a person has an opinion about the direction of the program, as far as the coach is concerned does not make them less of a "fan" IMHO.  Having said that, it seems to me that holding a poster accountable to state their position about the coach, is not challenging their commitment as a fan?  There is a clear distinction.

Arkapigdiesel

QuoteI am amazed at how nearly every post on this board ends up with a reply of some negativity of coach Nutt. I could say I had foot surgery yesterday and it would somehow end up Nutt's fault on here.
Did you trip over the pile of fingernails that Coach Nutt left behind?  Just kidding...
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

missippihog

What is that supposed to mean This Teets?

missippihog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on August 19, 2006, 01:57:48 pm
What is this supposed to mean?

Bigmac

No, I would blame it on "Dr" Dean Weber.

missippihog

Quote from: Bigmac on August 19, 2006, 02:04:58 pm

No, I would blame it on "Dr" Dean Weber.
Good one. Just as long as someone else is to blame. LOL.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: missippihog on August 19, 2006, 02:04:14 pm
It means that everyone is so negative towards Nutt because we are sick of losing and losing at home in particular.

SPAL

if u are happy where houston has this program, which is a losing record in SEC play, no win over a good team not named texas, no huge home wins in fayetteville, the occasional cotton bowl, mixed in amidst alot of lower tier bowls, never playin for a BCS, sliding into a SECCG and gettin waxed cause it is possible we dont deserve to be there in the first place, and LOSIN TO FREAKIN VANDY....then u just keep lovin houston nutt, but for the rest of us who expect more, we can and should voice our dislike.

missippihog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on August 19, 2006, 02:08:48 pm
It means that everyone is so negative towards Nutt because we are sick of losing and losing at home in particular.

We would probably be the only team to lose to USC (if we lose to USC) at home this year too huh?

HatfieldHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 19, 2006, 02:09:52 pm
if u are happy where houston has this program, which is a losing record in SEC play, no win over a good team not named texas, no huge home wins in fayetteville, the occasional cotton bowl, mixed in amidst alot of lower tier bowls, never playin for a BCS, sliding into a SECCG and gettin waxed cause it is possible we dont deserve to be there in the first place, and LOSIN TO FREAKIN VANDY....then u just keep lovin houston nutt, but for the rest of us who expect more, we can and should voice our dislike.

And the congregation said,  "...Amen..."

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

SPAL

Quote from: missippihog on August 19, 2006, 02:12:20 pm

We would probably be the only team to lose to USC (if we lose to USC) at home this year too huh?

How many times has vandy won on the road in the SEC in the past 10 years?

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: missippihog on August 19, 2006, 02:12:20 pm

You're right, poor ol' Arkansas. Poor Houston Nutt.

Pork Twain

Quote from: KEYS on August 19, 2006, 01:44:37 pm

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,68986.0.html
That is some funny darn.  It only took me a little while to see the light.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

missippihog

August 19, 2006, 02:36:00 pm #20 Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 02:38:03 pm by missippihog

Exactly how many teams get to play in the title game each year. So I guess the rest of the coaches should be fired. Nice logic.

Anyway, I'm through with this post. Every loss is the coach's fault, not result of injured 1st string Q-back or injured all conference running back. Just coach's fault.

Pork Twain

August 19, 2006, 02:38:44 pm #21 Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 02:47:45 pm by BeoPig
Quote from: missippihog on August 19, 2006, 02:36:00 pm

Exactly how many teams get to play in the title game each year. So I guess the rest of the coaches should be fired. Nice logic.
We have been to the SEC CG ONE time in 8 years under nutts.  Thank God Aub, Ala, and LSU were all having a down year on the same year.  Not to fear Georgia brought us back to earth.

Will you look at HDN's record against winning teams???  If it was not for the Mississippi schools & usc we would be sunk in the SEC.  We don't even have a good record against Kentucky and Vandy...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

SPAL

Quote from: missippihog on August 19, 2006, 02:36:00 pm

Anyway, I'm through with this post. Every loss is the coach's fault, not result of injured 1st string Q-back or injured all conference running back. Just coach's fault.

Houston has played in 1 SECCG and thats only because Bama was on probation. Bama was arguably the best team in the entire SEC and beat us pretty easily that year and we had the best team that Houston recruited. The fact is that he backed into an SECCG and we proved we didnt deserve to be there. I guess you had no argument for the other glaring facts i mentioned....And for the record,  Danny Ford had an SEC winning % of around 41, houston has a winning % of around 45 in 8 years....is that where you wanna be?

missippihog

Quote from: KEYS on August 19, 2006, 02:43:39 pm
Quote from: missippihog on August 19, 2006, 01:56:18 pm
Read posts closely before you reply.

Thanks for the advice!  I'll certainly do that!!!

May I offer you the same suggestion...

I am amazed at how nearly every post on this board ends up with a reply of some negativity of coach Nutt.  I could say I had foot surgery yesterday and it would somehow end up Nutt's fault on here. Just my observation. I'm a hog fan, not a Nutt fan or anything else. Just like we all should be. Like I said, my opinion. GO HOGS!

And from the link I supplied in my reply to your thread-starting post...

"That being said I would caution you about lecturing the membership of this board and directing criticism toward the board in general...  

...if you feel the need to start lecturing the rest of us on WHAT KIND OF FANS WE NEED TO BE then you need to be somewhere else."

Have a pleasant afternoon!   8)

Was simply stating my amazement of how every topic ends up in some negativity about Nutt (did not criticize anyone for that or say they are wrong). And I simply said we all should be Razorback fans. If you're not one, why are you on a Razorback board? Good Evening!

Seems to me that Mike's comments are more like guideline than rules anyway. Am I wrong?

missippihog

Quote from: KEYS on August 19, 2006, 02:54:49 pm
Quote from: missippihog on August 19, 2006, 02:51:59 pm
Seems to me that Mike's comments are more like guideline than rules anyway. Am I wrong?

Commentaries are illegal also?

You may be right.  Of course, it seems to me your original post was more of a commentary on Hogville than any substantive opinion on any football/Razorback topic.  Am I wrong?

missippihog

Anyway. Im through. Gotta go. Enjoyed the discussion guys.

GO HOGS!

Broken Trigger

Just to be fair, i've seen plenty of threads on here that blame Don Decker or Mike Markuson for our failures.   ;)

Pork Twain

I am amazed at how nearly every post on this board ends up with a reply of some negativity of coach Nutt.  I could say I had foot surgery yesterday and it would somehow end up Nutt's fault on here. Just my observation. I'm a hog fan, not a Nutt fan or anything else. Just like we all should be. Like I said, my opinion. GO HOGS!

"That being said I would caution you about lecturing the membership of this board and directing criticism toward the board in general...  

...if you feel the need to start lecturing the rest of us on WHAT KIND OF FANS WE NEED TO BE then you need to be somewhere else."

Was simply stating my amazement of how every topic ends up in some negativity about Nutt (did not criticize anyone for that or say they are wrong). And I simply said we all should be Razorback fans. If you're not one, why are you on a Razorback board? Good Evening!

Here I don't want you to strain yourself trying to get the facts all on your own...
Here is what he did vs. the SEC
First two years: 10-6
98 - 6-2
99 - 4-4

Middle years: 16-16 regular season & 0-1 SECCG
00 - 3-5
01 - 4-4
02 - 5-3 (0-1 SECCG)
03 - 4-4

Last two years: 5-11
2004 - 3-5
2005 - 2-6

Here I will break it down even farther for you.
12-4 vs. MSU/Miss
7-6 vs. KY/Vandy/SC
8-8 vs. Aub/Ala
1-10 vs. Ga/Fla/Tenn
3-5 vs. LSU

Thank God for the state of Mississippi...
www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Arkansas.htm

SPAL

you dont understand the point...we ARE hog fans, and because so, we voice displeasure for nutt becasue we feel we should be ahead of where we are.

Pork Twain

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 19, 2006, 02:58:47 pm

you dont understand the point...we ARE hog fans, and because so, we voice displeasure for nutt becasue we feel we should be ahead of where we are.
It took me a while to figure that out.  These new guys should have it down by next season.

PignoranceIsBliss

I'm a hog fan, not a Nutt fan or anything else.

Why bring this up if your going to do exactly what your thread is telling us to do or excuse me what "observation" your thread has stated. I'm new... but have enough sense not to post this kind of topic.

TulsaHogFan

I am close to moving this to the trash dump.  If its only an observation about the board, thanks we appreciate the observation.  However it has nothing to do with Razorback sports,

Pork Twain

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 19, 2006, 03:05:02 pm
I am close to moving this to the trash dump.  If its only an observation about the board, thanks we appreciate the observation.  However it has nothing to do with Razorback sports,
Me thinks busy you will be in the weeks to come.

WilsonHog

Yes.

I would characterize anything that might get a poster banned as a "rule."

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: BeoPig on August 19, 2006, 03:08:31 pm

You have become wise beyond your ways.

Pork Twain

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 19, 2006, 03:11:57 pm
Quote from: BeoPig on August 19, 2006, 03:08:31 pm

You have become wise beyond your ways.
My motto in life is that as long as you learn from your mistakes you can succeed at anything but when you fail to learn from them you are a complete jackass and doomed to repeat them...

Hugehogsfan

There are a few posters on here that seem to want to come onto our board and critique the way we do things.  Well I for one say let them get their own board to do that.  They could call it Positive Good Feelings HOGVILLE.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on August 19, 2006, 03:16:06 pm
There are a few posters on here that seem to want to come onto our board and critique the way we do things.  Well I for one say let them get their own board to do that.  They could call it Positive Good Feelings HOGVILLE.
I think you should get some sort of Mr. Obvious Award...

Hugehogsfan

Thank you and I would like to thank the thousands and thousands of adoring fans.

Hugehogsfan

That was an obvious point BeoPig and I was directing that at THF he should just go ahead and pull the trigger and trash this thread.

SPAL

how in the Heck did this end up in the recruiting forum?

hogsmaster