Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would you rather have the Razorbacks the way they were before Nutt?

Started by arkjay19, August 19, 2006, 12:20:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

piglett06

Ya de dah de dah on and on.

Just remember two things.

1. NCAA probation

2. Deflection of major players. 

These two things define closely two major reasons for our decline since 2000. That and hanging our hats on a young man who liked to have the Razorbacks play his brand of sandlot football.  A young man who was, for all accounts, very difficult to coach. A one Matt Jones.

We can't throw the baby out with the dirty water as it were. Turns out we are not going to have to as we have a direction in place that is going to make us all proud once again.  It starts September 2nd.

No more, "Maybe next year" a phrase that really started I'm told in 1966.  Its this year baby!!!  Just enjoy.  Two very good coaches are going to come together head to head on September 2nd and even if we do not win it will be one heck of a ball game.  No more knowing what we are going to do. I believe, with all the things on our side,  we have an excellent chance to win and on good old National television no less.

Will Nutt get in the way?  If he wants to have Coach Malzahn remain on board and he wants to keep his job he will stay withing the shade of his new position, CEO. Besides, with the amount of goodwill Coach Malzahn, Coach Wood and Coach Herring have spread around the state we might have a "public lynching" if Nutt steps in and fouls things up for the offense.  It's a narrow path he has to walk now.

IMHO

Pork Twain

Quote from: piglett06 on August 19, 2006, 04:14:34 pm

1. NCAA probation

These two things define closely two major reasons for our decline since 2000. That and hanging our hats on a young man who liked to have the Razorback play his brand of sandlot football.  A young man who was, for all accounts, very difficult to coach. A one Matt Jones.

We can't throw the baby out with the dirty water as it were. Turns out we are not going to have to as we have a direction in place that is going to make us all proud once again.  It starts September 2nd.

Now more, "Maybe next year" a phrase that really started I'm told in 1966.  Its this year baby!!!  Just enjoy.  Two very good coaches are going to come together on September and even if we do not win it will be one heck of a ball game.  No more knowing what we are going to do. I believe, with all the things on our side,  we have an excellent chance to win and on good old National television no less.

Will Nutt get in the way?  If he wants to have Coach Malzahn remain on board and he wants to keep his job he will stay withing the shade of his new position, CEO. Besides, with the amount of goodwill Coach Malzahn, Coach Wood and Coach Herring have spread around the state we might have a "public lynching" if Nutt steps in and fouls things up for the offense.  It's a narrow path he has to walk now.

IMHO
I think I just puked in my mouth a little...

Just remember two things (Both got it much harder from the NCAA than we did)
1. Auburn

2. Miami
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

rlamb

Arkhog, how much time does the fingernailchewer need, 50 years??
Who cares about what the record was 10 years before Nutt. Broyles should have hired a proven Coach instead of pulling the worst Coach
in Division 1 off that plane (Crowe). It's Broyles fault for not being
willing to hire the most competent Coaches like Switzer or Johnson
over the years that you put into question.

And don't give the old "but they would have gotten us on probation"
crap because look what happened anyway.  At least maybe either one or both of them would have gotten us a National Title or 2 to bask in instead of all the sorrow and depression that Crowe, Ford and Nutt
has gotten us over the last 16 years.

Swino

1. NCAA probation

These two things define closely two major reasons for our decline since 2000. That and hanging our hats on a young man who liked to have the Razorbacks play his brand of sandlot football.  A young man who was, for all accounts, very difficult to coach. A one Matt Jones.

No more, "Maybe next year" a phrase that really started I'm told in 1966.  Its this year baby!!!  Just enjoy.  Two very good coaches are going to come together head to head on September 2nd and even if we do not win it will be one heck of a ball game.  No more knowing what we are going to do. I believe, with all the things on our side,  we have an excellent chance to win and on good old National television no less.

IMHO

Didn't Bama get worse than we did?  How many games did they win last year?  What "major players" were deflected? 

Poor recruiting by poor recruiters/coaches is the problem

Albert Einswine

1. NCAA probation

IMHO

I highlighted a very critical point in your post.  Whether you meant to or not you hit on a biggie here.  Dale has certainly deflected a lot of major players from coming on board since he's been the Head Coach here.  He's been way too good at it,  IMO.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

pignatious

5-6 and 4-7 the last two years? I think we're there, dude.  :puke:
Freedom is never free.