Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paying for lies and misinformation?!?!

Started by HogIntheKnow, August 17, 2006, 09:31:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogIntheKnow

As some of you guys remember I had a membership to one of the premium boards a couple of months ago.  After I found out the Publisher of that board could view peoples in-boxes, it wasn't long after that I was banned (BTW, I did get a full refund).  However, I still have a couple of buddies who forward on to me pieces of the propaganda dispursed by the Publisher of Misinformation and yesterday took the cake.

Yesterday morning he posts that Casey Dick is a candidate for a redshirt.  When I read this I thought to myself, "What?  Is he actually starting to say publicly what a lot of us has known for over a month now?".  Not long after that, he comes back with some breaking urgent super secret good news about Dick (that is what it was, absolutely dick).  He then proceeds to say that he overheard one of the trainers telling Nutt that Casey is back and already working out and that he will practice and throw.  According to the Publisher this put a darn eating grin on Nutt's mug.  Here is a news flash for you.......Maybe this grin was because he knew that someone was about to get bent over and taken for a ride and it finally wasn't him.

So, I decided to go to practice last night to see this dog and pony show played out for myself.  Dick showed up to practice in shorts and a T-shirt and watched the guys stretch and then disappeared.  Later, it was said that he went inside the pavilion and threw a couple of balls under the eyes of one of his doctors.  Well, I wasn't surprised at all by any of this.  The only thing the Pub really knows about Dick, is dick.   ::) 

Why all the smoke and mirrors about Casey?  I guess we should expect this by now but it never ceases to amaze me the lengths they go to tell you anything but the truth.

JJHog

they have to be careful about what they say or what they don't say with the HIPA (sp?)  privacy laws
" Think Right, Do Right"

HogIntheKnow

Quote from: JJHog on August 17, 2006, 09:39:20 am
they have to be careful about what they say or what they don't say with the HIPA (sp?)  privacy laws

Admitting Casey is hurt and most likely not playing this year has nothing to do with HIPAA.  HIPAA has to do with Casey's doctors, not us.

Swino

Houston takes the word inept to new levels, and the lackey's that continue to spew such lies are beyond inept.

jvegashawg

Quote from: HogIntheKnow on August 17, 2006, 09:44:37 am

Admitting Casey is hurt and most likely not playing this year has nothing to do with HIPAA.  HIPAA has to do with Casey's doctors, not us.

Exactly.  The thing is, Houston doesn't have to say anything about injuries.  I'd be fine with that.  What I'm not fine with is his saying things that are completely false. 

pseudorabies

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Swino on August 17, 2006, 09:50:52 am
Houston takes the word inept to new levels, and the lackey's that continue to spew such lies are beyond inept.

You guys never seem to amaze me.  Do you honestly think that Houston just didn't know what was wrong with Casey?  Why would he come out knowingly telling USC that Casey's back was hurt?  Maybe, just maybe, he was trying to save Casey some targeted hits to his back.  As for his back being hurt, it is none of our business until they come out and tell us about it. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

claycohog

It is our business.  Who pays for these tickets?  Who pays Nutt's salary?  It doesn't matter who our QB is to USC.  Their gameplan will not change one bit no matter who is under center.

HogIntheKnow

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on August 17, 2006, 10:28:21 am

You guys never seem to amaze me.  Do you honestly think that Houston just didn't know what was wrong with Casey?  Why would he come out knowingly telling USC that Casey's back was hurt?  Maybe, just maybe, he was trying to save Casey some targeted hits to his back.  As for his back being hurt, it is none of our business until they come out and tell us about it. 

The coaches have known for over a month the seriousness of Dick's injury.  Maybe, just maybe, Nutt should have put a leash on Herring with all the blitz he unloaded on the offense and the attitude of "Prepare to be sacked" bull darn if he was so concerned with as you say "he was trying to save Casey some targeted hits to his back".

JJHog

Quote from: HogIntheKnow on August 17, 2006, 09:31:37 am
As some of you guys remember I had a membership to one of the premium boards a couple of months ago.  After I found out the Publisher of that board could view peoples in-boxes, it wasn't long after that I was banned (BTW, I did get a full refund).  However, I still have a couple of buddies who forward on to me pieces of the propaganda dispursed by the Publisher of Misinformation and yesterday took the cake.

Yesterday morning he posts that Casey Dick is a candidate for a redshirt.  When I read this I thought to myself, "What?  Is he actually starting to say publicly what a lot of us has known for over a month now?".  Not long after that, he comes back with some breaking urgent super secret good news about Dick (that is what it was, absolutely dick).  He then proceeds to say that he overheard one of the trainers telling Nutt that Casey is back and already working out and that he will practice and throw.  According to the Publisher this put a Shiite eating grin on Nutt's mug.  Here is a news flash for you.......Maybe this grin was because he knew that someone was about to get bent over and taken for a ride and it finally wasn't him.

So, I decided to go to practice last night to see this dog and pony show played out for myself.  Dick showed up to practice in shorts and a T-shirt and watched the guys stretch and then disappeared.  Later, it was said that he went inside the pavilion and threw a couple of balls under the eyes of one of his doctors.  Well, I wasn't surprised at all by any of this.  The only thing the Pub really knows about Dick, is dick.   ::) 

Why all the smoke and mirrors about Casey?  I guess we should expect this by now but it never ceases to amaze me the lengths they go to tell you anything but the truth.

you guys are awful quick to call someone a liar, strong words.
" Think Right, Do Right"

jvegashawg

So if USC didn't know about Casey's back injury, their defensive players wouldn't try to drill him in the back when they got a chance?  

Swynler Durden

A back injury, "phantom" or otherwise is going to guarantee a player targeted hits to the back. If all of this has been about trying to keep Casey from those then I applaud Nutt on the masterful job he has done. No way with the way this has been handled will ANY opponent Casey faces this season (if any) try to intentionally go for his back now!

I sheltered that lumbar, brotha!

mikeirwin

The particuar situation that HITK refers to is an example of overhearing PART of a conversation and drawing conclusions based on what is overheard.
It is helpful to make sure that like Paul Harvey you know, "THE REST OF THE STORY."

JJHog

Yesterday morning he posts that Casey Dick is a candidate for a redshirt.  When I read this I thought to myself, "What?  Is he actually starting to say publicly what a lot of us has known for over a month now?".  Not long after that, he comes back with some breaking urgent super secret good news about Dick (that is what it was, absolutely dick).  He then proceeds to say that he overheard one of the trainers telling Nutt that Casey is back and already working out and that he will practice and throw.  According to the Publisher this put a Shiite eating grin on Nutt's mug.  Here is a news flash for you.......Maybe this grin was because he knew that someone was about to get bent over and taken for a ride and it finally wasn't him.

So, I decided to go to practice last night to see this dog and pony show played out for myself.  Dick showed up to practice in shorts and a T-shirt and watched the guys stretch and then disappeared.  Later, it was said that he went inside the pavilion and threw a couple of balls under the eyes of one of his doctors.  Well, I wasn't surprised at all by any of this.  The only thing the Pub really knows about Dick, is dick.   ::) 

Some good, some bad over there.

I got fed up with the glowing reports only to realize later they were
embelished..... "an old timer was at practice toiday and said that _____ as the best he's ever seen."

Oh well. 

" Think Right, Do Right"

pseudorabies

Quote from: mikeirwin on August 17, 2006, 10:48:32 am
The particuar situation that HITK refers to is an example of overhearing PART of a conversation and drawing conclusions based on what is overheard.
It is helpful to make sure that like Paul Harvey you know, "THE REST OF THE STORY."

Wow! All this time I thought premium boards were immune to rumors and absurd stories.   ::)

Pork Twain

August 17, 2006, 10:53:32 am #15 Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 10:56:54 am by Superhog1975
Quote from: claycohog on August 17, 2006, 10:34:00 am
It is our business.  Who pays for these tickets?  Who pays Nutt's salary?  It doesn't matter who our QB is to USC.  Their gameplan will not change one bit no matter who is under center.
You might pay for your tickets but don't fool yourself into thinking you pay any coach's salary.  I have a Chevy but that doesn't mean I own stock in General Motors and get to det in on board meetings.

I am pretty sure that all the offensive coaches knew what was going on with CD.  I also would bet that there were many conversations between AW, GM , and HDN concerning what to release and who to start.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

claycohog

I don't know about you, but I pay taxes.  Maybe you don't.  More power to you, friend.

LA HAWG

Last I checked dale was a state employee.  Is this incorrect?

Pork Twain

August 17, 2006, 11:08:01 am #18 Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 11:11:12 am by Superhog1975
Quote from: claycohog on August 17, 2006, 10:59:05 am
I don't know about you, but I pay taxes.  Maybe you don't.  More power to you, friend.
I am very happy for you, but HDN, GM, AW and all the other coaches pay taxes as well as JFB, Tyson, Walton, and JL.  I guess you could say the amount they pay in taxes is more than you pay so they actually pay their own salaries.  Being a military member stuck in the liberal center of the world, Albuquerque, I have heard several times that other civilians pay my salary.  Guess what I pay taxes as well.  So I will tell you like I tell them.  You don't pay me to do Shiite.  My boss pays me to do it and your name is not George W. Bush.

According to the UofA governance
In fiscal year 2004, UA generated $371 million in revenues. The sum includes the following:

State Appropriations $99.9 million
Student Tuition and Fees $89.8 million
Federal Grants and Contracts $31.7 million
Private Gifts, Grants and Contracts $17.3 million
In-state and Local Grants and Contracts $16.0 million
Other Sources $25.4 million
Sales and Services $10.2 million
Endowment Earnings $2.5 million
Auxiliary Enterprises (such as athletics) $78.3 million   The amount you pay for your season tickets doesn't give you much say.
http://www.uark.edu/rd_vcad/urel/publications/profile/2003/545.htm
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

pikehog

it always seemed odd to me that we could tackle our qb's but not our running backs. Go figure.

JJHog

Quote from: pseudorabies on August 17, 2006, 10:52:33 am

Wow! All this time I thought premium boards were immune to rumors and absurd stories.   ::)

You have said a mouthful here.

I believed most all of what they said, then after a few years of reading the same stuff, they may have a nugget here and there, but generally they don't know any more than the free boards.

Those days left with OH.
" Think Right, Do Right"

claycohog

That's all find and dandy, Superhog.  Point taken.  I'm proud that we have realists like you in the military.  Bottom line is that no one needs to get on the board and tell us as fans that it is none of our business what happens.  Why do we even care, show up to games, post on message boards if its none of our business.  I'm sorry if I ruffled your feathers earlier.  It was not my intentions, but this is my business along with everyone else on this board.

pseudorabies

Quote from: JJHog on August 17, 2006, 11:15:16 am

Wow! All this time I thought premium boards were immune to rumors and absurd stories.   ::)

I believed most all of what they said, then after a few years of reading the same stuff, they may have a nugget here and there, but generally they don't know any more than the free boards.

Those days left with OH.

The only nuggets you can hear from Clay's or Grit's board that you can't hear here are the ones in their head rattling around.

MGCAPRI

First of all HIPA does not just have constraints on Dr's. this law has contraits on hospitals, nursing homes, insurance companies, universities, and any entity that is privy to ones personal medical information. That information by anyone associated with the university is prohibited from informing the public or media of specific details of any medical problem or injury without written consent from the specific player or student.

I for one am completely frustrated with HDN's actions and attitude over the last couple of years. But, not for one moment do I believe he is withholding any info on any players injuries for any reason other than for the players personal right of  privacy. PLUS NOT A SINGLE TICKET HOLDER HAS MORE RIGHT TO KNOW OVER SOMEONES PERSONAL RIGHT TO PRIVACY OF HIS OWN MEDICAL CONDITIONS.....

so get over it on this petty biotching because of your dislike for HDN and get on with discussing the season and get excited...

Jim Harris

again that is propanga crap that everybody who doesn't want to tell the truth hides behind, HIPPA laws, Buckley Amendment and all this stuff that was designed for reasons that have nothing to do with the UA not being forthwith in providing information.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

GuvHog

Who in the world told you Casey would most likely not be playing this year?
That's not whats being reported.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Jim Harris

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 17, 2006, 11:57:16 am

Are all your posts intended to be sarcasm? This one is maybe the funniest. ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

silvertip

Quote from: JJHog on August 17, 2006, 10:37:21 am

you guys are awful quick to call someone a liar, strong words.

Well, I don't have to call Clay & his crew "liars." I can tell you that they put out a bunch of nonsense that they peddle as "insider info."

I can tell you how they are regarded in JFB's office. In the sping of '05, I saw some ridiculous comments made by one of the staff in that outfit. On their premium board. I called JFB's office to tell them that ridiculous opinions were being attributed to JFB on that premium board. The secretary just said, "Oh, we don't pay any attention to those guys. They just write whatever they want, whether it's true or not."

I also talked to a basketball coach & he expressed similar disdain for that crew. So much for the "insider access" that they are selling. I've found more accurate & timely info here at Hogville---for free.

GuvHog

Quote from: drakehog on August 17, 2006, 12:03:13 pm

Are all your posts intended to be sarcasm? This one is maybe the funniest. ;D

That's NOT sarcasm, That's a legit question that I would like an answer to.

Jim Harris

Wow! All this time I thought premium boards were immune to rumors and absurd stories.   ::)

Those days left with OH.

Though Orville analytically was worlds better than most available in the papers these days, what you read from Orville came from Frank from 1958 on. That Tuberville was getting the job came from Frank, and then it turned out wrong, and that's why Orville wrote about how frustrated he was.

GuvHog

Quote from: drakehog on August 17, 2006, 12:06:28 pm

Those days left with OH.

Though Orville analytically was worlds better than most available in the papers these days, what you read from Orville came from Frank from 1958 on. That Tuberville was getting the job came from Frank, and then it turned out wrong, and that's why Orville wrote about how frustrated he was.

You can't blame him, He was made to look like a fool.

nwarazfan

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 17, 2006, 12:10:08 pm

Those days left with OH.

I don't recall Orville looking like or feeling like a fool.  He was angry because he knew what had happened.  Frank was telling him what he intended to do and that was hire TT.  Orville knew that since that didn't happen, that someone had intervened and was making a huge mistake which we are still paying for right now.

GuvHog

Quote from: nwarazfan on August 17, 2006, 12:14:46 pm

Those days left with OH.

I don't recall Orville looking like or feeling like a fool.  He was angry because he knew what had happened.  Frank was telling him what he intended to do and that was hire TT.  Orville knew that since that didn't happen, that someone had intervened and was making a huge mistake which we are still paying for right now.

No, Frank made a statement to Orville that he had no business making before the
committee made its choice. Orville took Franks word and wrote an article in which
he guarenteed everyone that TT would be hired. When it didn't happen, it made Orville
look like a fool which he wasn't.

nwarazfan

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 17, 2006, 12:24:08 pm

Those days left with OH.

committee made its choice. Orville took Franks word and wrote an article in which
he guarenteed everyone that TT would be hired. When it didn't happen, it made Orville

Of course Frank made a statement to Orville before the committee had approved it.  That had happened for years.  Frank had no idea that the stupid committee would make such a horrible and stupid decision.  All those years as AD where he made the decisions(which is what he is supposed to do John White) led him to believe that this one was done also.  The fools in this situation were and are John White and the members of the committee who let some Nutt lobbyists and players choose our football coach. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: JJHog on August 17, 2006, 10:51:25 am

I got fed up with the glowing reports only to realize later they were
embelished..... "an old timer was at practice toiday and said that _____ as the best he's ever seen."

Oh well. 

What?  You mean you actually get tired of guys who supposedly have "insider" information and access telling you that almost every guy who shows up at practice is a "FREAKING STUD!" or future All-American?

I guess you're not one of those guys who likes to be around people who tell you what you want to hear.

pseudorabies

Not everyone gets their inside information from the Demo-Gazette.

pseudorabies

Quote from: MikeThrel on August 17, 2006, 12:37:16 pm

It is our business.  Who pays for these tickets?  Who pays Nutt's salary? 

That doesn't give you any more rights to any business than someone who doesn't buy tickets.  Just because you buy a ticket doesn't give you any rights to anything.

Do you think that just because you buy tickets which helps pay Nutt's salary that you have the right to go down onto the field during the game and call plays?  I don't think so.

Wrong. 

GuvHog

Quote from: nwarazfan on August 17, 2006, 12:28:08 pm

Those days left with OH.

Of course Frank made a statement to Orville before the committee had approved it.  That had happened for years.  Frank had no idea that the stupid committee would make such a horrible and stupid decision.  All those years as AD where he made the decisions(which is what he is supposed to do John White) led him to believe that this one was done also.  The fools in this situation were and are John White and the members of the committee who let some Nutt lobbyists and players choose our football coach. 

Correct, Frank had done this before. But that was when HE hired the coaches.
This time it was different and he had no control over the hiring process. He should
never have made that statement to Orville. He embarressed himself and Orville.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 17, 2006, 12:45:54 pm
Quote from: nwarazfan on August 17, 2006, 12:28:08 pm

Those days left with OH.

Correct, Frank had done this before. But that was when HE hired the coaches.
This time it was different and he had no control over the hiring process. He should
never have made that statement to Orville. He embarressed himself and Orville.

Man, you are just too fun to read. 
Retired Radio Host

dana caldwell

Quote from: MGCAPRI on August 17, 2006, 11:49:44 am
First of all HIPA does not just have constraints on Dr's. this law has contraits on hospitals, nursing homes, insurance companies, universities, and any entity that is privy to ones personal medical information. That information by anyone associated with the university is prohibited from informing the public or media of specific details of any medical problem or injury without written consent from the specific player or student.

I for one am completely frustrated with HDN's actions and attitude over the last couple of years. But, not for one moment do I believe he is withholding any info on any players injuries for any reason other than for the players personal right of  privacy. PLUS NOT A SINGLE TICKET HOLDER HAS MORE RIGHT TO KNOW OVER SOMEONES PERSONAL RIGHT TO PRIVACY OF HIS OWN MEDICAL CONDITIONS.....

so get over it on this petty biotching because of your dislike for HDN and get on with discussing the season and get excited...

aw, c'mon. do u really believe casey dick, a (what, 19-year-old) freshman, gives a crap if his back diagnosis is revealed publicly? matter of fact, were i in his cleats, i would want the fanbase to know the extent of the injury so they would not judge me a punk.