Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why didn't McFadden just let the guy take the car?

Started by Chappeee, July 30, 2006, 10:03:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chappeee

I mean, the future value of his foot is more than the value of the car, right?

hogsmaster

I guess you never had anything stolen from you.

ConwayHog

Quote from: hogsmaster on July 30, 2006, 10:05:55 pm
I guess you never had anything stolen from you.

I guess you've never had car insurance.

hogsmaster

hogaddict

Maybe that wasn't what the fight was all about.  We don't have all of the details yet.

ConwayHog

Quote from: hogsmaster on July 30, 2006, 10:09:55 pm
You mean insurance pays for a stolen car?

If the insured has comprehensive coverage, the insurance company (at least here in AR) will pay actual cash value minus the deductible.  Please tell me you were kidding.

Rooka

I am afraid it wasn't his car it was his brother's and the last time I checked for most people family comes before football.

hogsmaster

Quote from: Fresh Legs on July 30, 2006, 10:10:46 pm
Quote from: hogsmaster on July 30, 2006, 10:09:55 pm
You mean insurance pays for a stolen car?

If the insured has comprehensive coverage, the insurance company (at least here in AR) will pay actual cash value minus the deductible.  Please tell me you were kidding.

Just posted cause I saw your signature line, but thanks for info.

Factual Fiction

Quote from: Chappeee on July 30, 2006, 10:03:42 pm

you don't know the rules of da 'hood.

hogsanity

Well, it is doubtful that the guy had insurance, and especially not Comp.  These are not rich people from what we have been told. 

My question is, who puts up a fight over a car in the parking lot of a notoriously violent dive like the Palace?

How many of you who live in the Rock know to stay away from that area?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Pork Twain

ESPN is reporting that the attempted car theft happened during the fight.  Just goes to show how many stories are floating around.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2533575
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ConwayHog

Quote from: Death by Hog on July 30, 2006, 10:12:27 pm
I am afraid it wasn't his car it was his brother's and the last time I checked for most people family comes before football.

Football could have been and quite possibliy still can be a career for McFadden.  At some point, you have to let the deadbeats in your family do their own thing.  I bet you wouldn't be saying the same thing if that guy popped a cap in McFadden.

pioneerhog

I thought that for some insurance companys that the vehicle had to be locked and the keys couldn't be in it for them to pay. I know in a pickup that if something is in the back of it and it gets stolen that they will not pay unless it is bolted down, found that one out the hard way.

ConwayHog

Quote from: hogsanity on July 30, 2006, 10:13:24 pm
Well, it is doubtful that the guy had insurance, and especially not Comp.  These are not rich people from what we have been told. 

My question is, who puts up a fight over a car in the parking lot of a notoriously violent dive like the Palace?

I'm not going down there to that part of town.  You don't have to be RICH to afford comprehensive coverage.  Please don't start the stereotyping. 

ConwayHog

Quote from: GreenBayPorkers on July 30, 2006, 10:15:42 pm
I would say that a majority of us wouldve been in the fight ourselves.When something like that happens..you just react to the situation at hand and dont really think about it as it is happening

That's why you don't show up at 4AM.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Fresh Legs on July 30, 2006, 10:14:02 pm

DMAC's brother is a deadbeat why???  Now we are trashing people's families???  I got in a few fights in high school but I was never a deadbeat.

Football could have been and quite possibliy still can be a career for McFadden.  At some point, you have to let the deadbeats in your family do their own thing.  I bet you wouldn't be saying the same thing if that guy popped a cap in McFadden.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

hogsanity

Quote from: Fresh Legs on July 30, 2006, 10:15:59 pm

I'm not going down there to that part of town.  You don't have to be RICH to afford comprehensive coverage.  Please don't start the stereotyping. 

I am not sterotyping.  I have a 2000 626 and I don't carry comp because it just isnt worth it with 100K+miles on the car.    From what has been posted here it was not a very nice car, and so the assumption that he did not have comp is pretty rational.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsmaster

I would say that a majority of us wouldve been in the fight ourselves.When something like that happens..you just react to the situation at hand and dont really think about it as it is happening

I agree totally.  When someone steals from you, you feel cheated and violated.  If I caught that person in the act, I would take out my frustration out on them, also.

ConwayHog

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 30, 2006, 10:15:03 pm
I thought that for some insurance companys that the vehicle had to be locked and the keys couldn't be in it for them to pay. I know in a pickup that if something is in the back of it and it gets stolen that they will not pay unless it is bolted down, found that one out the hard way.

First of all, I'm a licensed agent in Arkansas.  Insurance companies don't generally deny claims on the basis of stupidity.  We've paid for tools getting stolen out of the back of trucks.  Some of that comes down to each individual policy or a company denying things that others would pay.  We've covered claims that we had written wording in the policy specifically stating we would not cover it, but did anyway to keep the customer happy. 

I can park my car at Kroger with the doors wide open and the keys in it and the company will pay.  Their is a good chance if I was your agent, I'd non-renew your butt so fast you wouldn't know what you hit in this scenario, but your claim would still be paid.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Fresh Legs on July 30, 2006, 10:16:33 pm

I will agree with that.  We went to the basketball Class B state championship game my Jr year in North Little Rock.  We went to the McDonalds right by the arena and almost got the crap kicked out of us by 6-8 guys because me and one of my friends were laughing to loud.

ConwayHog

July 30, 2006, 10:20:49 pm #20 Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 10:22:40 pm by Fresh Legs
Quote from: hogsanity on July 30, 2006, 10:18:57 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs on July 30, 2006, 10:15:59 pm

I am not sterotyping.  I have a 2000 626 and I don't carry comp because it just isnt worth it with 100K+miles on the car.    From what has been posted here it was not a very nice car, and so the assumption that he did not have comp is pretty rational.

Your assumption that only RICH folks can have comprehensive is what I was going on.  That seemed to be your inital implication.  Yes, on older models comprehensive is normally not chosen.  Basically, we ask our clients....could you afford to replace this car tomorrow with cash?  This is done when the car is older, a lien is not present, etc.

hogsmaster

I hope I have no family members or friends like you.

pseudorabies

The car had the keys in the ignition and it was running during the fight.  The car was stolen during the fight.  I find it hard to believe the car was the reason for the fight starting.

Pork Twain

Quote from: hogsmaster on July 30, 2006, 10:22:10 pm

No doubt.  I would never turn my back on family or friends even if it meant goint to West Memphis or North Little Rock at 0400.

ConwayHog

I hope you're not my friend if you're hanging out in the middle of Little Rock at 4AM.  I would hope my friends/family would have more sense than that.

ConwayHog

Quote from: Superhog1975 on July 30, 2006, 10:24:12 pm

No doubt.  I would never turn my back on family or friends even if it meant goint to West Memphis or North Little Rock at 0400.

It's not worth getting shot to me.

hogsmaster

Quote from: Fresh Legs on July 30, 2006, 10:24:14 pm

I hope you're not my friend if you're hanging out in the middle of Little Rock at 4AM.  I would hope my friends/family would have more sense than that.

Yeah, some of friends have been known to do worst than that, but they are still my friends.

hogsmaster

Quote from: Fresh Legs on July 30, 2006, 10:25:33 pm

Not to question your logic, but what if it is your 19-year old son?

ConwayHog

July 30, 2006, 10:28:50 pm #28 Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 10:30:42 pm by Fresh Legs
Quote from: hogsmaster on July 30, 2006, 10:28:04 pm

I'll tell him he better get his butt home. 

It's not like his relative got jumped and was like "Hey guys can you hang on a second?  I need to call Darren...okay carry on with that butt whooping"

McFadden shows up and he's still fighting.  Give me a break.

doo-ran

Amen.

hogsmaster

Quote from: Fresh Legs on July 30, 2006, 10:28:50 pm

You must be the "Father of the Year." ;)

ConwayHog

Quote from: hogsmaster on July 30, 2006, 10:31:16 pm

You must be the "Father of the Year." ;)

Ain't do doubt.  I'm a modern science miracle as well to have a kid at the age of 3.

Pork Twain

And leave him to possibly die???  You were raised much differently than I.  I would give my life for my brother, sister, mom, wife, daughters (2), and sons (2) without even thinking.  But heh I joined the military at 19 and would give my life for a stranger wearing the same uniform.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Fresh Legs on July 30, 2006, 10:20:09 pm

First of all, I'm a licensed agent in Arkansas.  Insurance companies don't generally deny claims on the basis of stupidity.  We've paid for tools getting stolen out of the back of trucks.  Some of that comes down to each individual policy or a company denying things that others would pay.  We've covered claims that we had written wording in the policy specifically stating we would not cover it, but did anyway to keep the customer happy. 

I can park my car at Kroger with the doors wide open and the keys in it and the company will pay.  Their is a good chance if I was your agent, I'd non-renew your butt so fast you wouldn't know what you hit in this scenario, but your claim would still be paid.
Well when I was in high school I had around $1500 worth of rodeo equipment that was in a rubbermaid tool box stolen out of my truck while at Wal-Mart. State Farm would not pay on it but my dad was able to do a claim on his homeowners insurance. Now I am not trying to say your lying, just tell what happened to me.

ConwayHog

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 30, 2006, 10:32:26 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs on July 30, 2006, 10:20:09 pm

Well when I was in high school I had around $1500 worth of rodeo equipment that was in a rubbermaid tool box stolen out of my truck while at Wal-Mart. State Farm would not pay on it but my dad was able to do a claim on his homeowners insurance. Now I am not trying to say your lying, just tell what happened to me.

I didn't say the tools were paid under the auto policy.  What happened to you was exactly how the claim should be paid. 

I was replying to a poster talking about stuff being left in his truck.  The point was we paid for tools in the back of this guys truck being stolen on multiple occasions, no matter how stupid the claim was. 

The car would have been covered under comprehensive.  Your personal belonging will be under your homeowners policy and generally with today's deductibles you'll never get above it to turn in a claim, nor would you want to if you did.

hogsmaster

Quote from: Superhog1975 on July 30, 2006, 10:32:04 pm

And leave him to possibly die???  You were raised much differently than I.  I would give my life for my brother, sister, mom, wife, daughters (2), and sons (2) without even thinking.  But heh I joined the military at 19 and would give my life for a stranger wearing the same uniform.

Superhog, don't let him bother you.  He's just trying to egg us on.  Just look at his signature line.

Pork Twain

Quote from: hogsmaster on July 30, 2006, 10:36:07 pm

Superhog, don't let him bother you.  He's just trying to egg us on.  Just look at his signature line.

I know his MO.

ConwayHog

And leave him to possibly die???  You were raised much differently than I. 

You're right.  Apparently, I was raised a lot differently than you.  My father taught me to stay out of bad areas at 4AM.  The only time I had a right to be out at 4AM was if we were going to the lake to catch a limit of bass. 

pioneerhog

Usually when I go to a bar i shut the sonofabit#h down. So I am usually there til 4-5 in the morning.

Hums

I agree that he was at the wrong place at the wrong time, but give the kid credit for trying to do the right thing to keep the other person from getting a DWI or possibly killing someone.  He's a 19 year old kid.  Things that are important to 19 year olds are different from us 40 year olds who worry about paying the mortgage every month. 

subliznime

Sounds to me like fresh legs is afraid of situations like this that is why he is being so negative. people are afraid of what they don't understand. instead of putting himself in dmac shoes hed rather not have to think about it by saying well id never be in a situation like that. also you talk about not liking stereotypes however your stereotyping that part of town and the people that were there as the type of people that would shoot you. are you racist, or just a white man that has lost touch with any reality that isn't your own?

EPB23

I find it hard to falt D-Mac if the story, as it's told now, is true.

PigPusher

Quote from: Chappeee on July 30, 2006, 10:03:42 pm

Would you?
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.