Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest signing!

Started by RacinRazorback, April 27, 2016, 07:13:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RacinRazorback

Indiana forward Brachen Hazen has signed on for the 2016 class!

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Hawg Red

Really like this 2016 class. Hopefully we can keep the prep players more than a season.  There pathways to big roles for these freshmen after the next season or two if they just stick with it. We lose a (scheduled) total of 9 players over the next two seasons.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 27, 2016, 08:41:39 am
Really like this 2016 class. Hopefully we can keep the prep players more than a season.  There pathways to big roles for these freshmen after the next season or two if they just stick with it. We lose a (scheduled) total of 9 players over the next two seasons.

I agree.  We need to keep and develop these kids.  I don't entirely know why so many are transferring but what ever it is I hope they can reverse this.  Winning with 3rd and 4th year players is a whole lot easier than winning with Freshmen.   We see every year in the NCAAT where a mid major team with a older squad will knock off a higher ranked team full of very NBA bound freshmen.

FineAsSwine

Great addition to the team. Love the height. That's one thing we were missing from our 3pt shooters last year. This kid can shoot over the top of the zone and also put the ball on the floor if the defense plays him tight.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Pork Twain

On paper this looks like a very good class, but I will withhold judgement until I see the product on the floor.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hogberry Snortcake

April 27, 2016, 01:55:55 pm #8 Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 04:32:50 pm by Hogberry Snortcake
WPS!  Scotty recruiting in his own mold?

Edit:  On second thought, not so much.

The_Iceman

gmarv

has he signed or just committed ?

rzrbackramsfan

Anybody notice how our recruiting been trending up now that we can show them the completed practice facility?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 27, 2016, 02:01:33 pm
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/43706/chandler-parsons

A Poor-man's Parsons would still be a good add.
Truth

Parsons was SEC POY, I'd be glad to have a poor man's version of that, no doubt.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

First thing I hope he does is adopt Hannahs shooting regimen.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hogman99

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 27, 2016, 08:35:06 am
http://247sports.com/Player/Brachen-Hazen-35348
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/163862
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/215872/brachen-hazen

Says he models his game after Chandler Parsons. Here are some highlights of his game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLvWleZEO2I

THIS is the type of player the Hogs need and I am very excited about this future Hog. He is tall, athletic, can shoot, has basketball IQ and is a winner.  CMA and staff need to go after more players like this in the future. I have been critical of the staff in the past, but I will give them props for this commitment.

kibster

Do we know if this is a "signing" or just a commit?
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 27, 2016, 08:17:28 pm
Anybody notice how our recruiting been trending up now that we can show them the completed practice facility?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: kibster on April 28, 2016, 12:41:17 pm
Do we know if this is a "signing" or just a commit?

247 says hard commit.

RazorPiggie

Maybe he'll actually stick around longer than a year or two.

sadhogfan

How does one pronounce his first name?

SuperSid4Ever

Excited to see this young man in a Razorbacks uniform next year.  I think having him and Dusty Hannahs on the floor at the same time gives us a more credible perimeter game.

SuperSid4Ever

Quote from: sadhogfan on April 28, 2016, 05:53:32 pm
How does one pronounce his first name?

I think it is pronounced Brock-en, but not sure.

RealHog

I definitely think it's helping. That paired with BWA shows we are serious about basketball in the SEC. Apparently it impressed Brachen and his family, I think it will pay dividends down the road.

RealHog

Quote from: SuperSid4Ever on April 28, 2016, 09:28:07 pm
I think it is pronounced Brock-en, but not sure.

Ditto, I've heard Brock-en from Indiana folks.

3kgthog

Exactly how is our recruiting trending up? We're still getting the same level of Mike recruits he's always gotten. The ones he does get don't even want to stick around.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 29, 2016, 08:07:23 am
Exactly how is our recruiting trending up? We're still getting the same level of Mike recruits he's always gotten. The ones he does get don't even want to stick around.

This class has three four stars and three three stars, we have two four stars for next class, justice hill is possibly a five star. 

We haven't had our practice facility for long but before that it seemed in the late period we'd miss on a lot of middle ranked players that  multiple scholarship offers and we're going to visit a few places.  The two players that went to rutgers and a&m over us comes to mind. 

It seems like recruiting is trending up but do admit it's a small sample size.

Hawg Red

There seems to be a noticeably more interest in the program from in-state players right now, starting with the 2017 class. Last offseason, the staff was only able to come up with Willy Kouassi, Dustin Thomas (who had to redshirt), and Doobie Jenkins (very late) to replace losses. Hazen looks like a better prospect than Jenkins and we could potentially bring in Aaron Ross, who is much, much better than Willy Kouassi. Also appears all of the recruits will actually make it to campus for this class as well.

Only time will show whether or not they're able to keep players in the program, but that's a college-wide issue, so the key is to improve recruiting on the front end. The staff appears to be doing that.

ricepig

Jonteviosk

Hi folks I am 3k...I am a grouchy fairweather fan and I don't know darn about basketball. All I know how to do is scratch my balls and like Oliver Twist ask may I please have some more sir.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Atlhogfan1

Good to see some players that seem to fit what we want to do.

Now we have the number 253, 279 and 350 high school recruits.  Not great.  But the JC players should provide a bridge till these multi year projects/possible fits get ready to be big contributors.  Think next season still rides on Barford, Macon and Moses' return. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

azhog10

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 29, 2016, 02:36:33 pm

Now we have the number 253, 279 and 350 high school recruits.  Not great.  But the JC players should provide a bridge till these multi year projects/possible fits get ready to be big contributors.  Think next season still rides on Barford, Macon and Moses' return.
And currently #35 and #126 in 2017 with #100 heavily interested.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 29, 2016, 02:36:33 pm

If Mike can actually get those players to stick around for more than one year, he's shown he can develop players. The key is retention.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: azhog10 on April 29, 2016, 02:56:57 pm
And currently #35 and #126 in 2017 with #100 heavily interested.

Improving.  If JC players can bridge to those future classes then we may have something with consistency.  Finally see the teams and program we expected. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 29, 2016, 02:58:54 pm
If Mike can actually get those players to stick around for more than one year, he's shown he can develop players. The key is retention.

And players have shown they can develop.  Players can develop at many programs if they have the discipline and stay in the program.  Coaches at this level know what they are doing. 

labb

Hard to not like a 6'8" shooter/scorer

Biggus Piggus

It is crappy posting form to refuse to concede that anything could be good, just because it disagrees with your previous conclusions.

That said, the poster population here is far more civil and reasonable than on some of the pay boards. There are guys on the pay boards, you wonder why they are paying money to post nonstop pessimism about every sport. Maybe they pay because they would get banned here for being tools.
[CENSORED]!

1highhog

Quote from: SuperSid4Ever on April 28, 2016, 09:27:27 pm
Excited to see this young man in a Razorbacks uniform next year.  I think having him and Dusty Hannahs on the floor at the same time gives us a more credible perimeter game.

The one thing I like about his game that his highlight video seems to show is that he's able to create his own shot, and not just a set shooter like Bradley, don't get me wrong, loved that Boston bean but this kid drives to the basket and draws fouls, shoots the three, mid-range jumpers, and fake and double pumps opposing players in the air to draw fouls everywhere on the floor when we need that FT.  This kid if he sticks around might be a very good one.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 29, 2016, 02:58:54 pm

I agree. Retaining and development of players will lead to an older team who knows how to work together as a team and play like the coach wants to play. 

Go Hawgs.