Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not sure if Calapari is just trying to get another raise

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 25, 2016, 06:40:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbackers

Quote from: TrueBlue on April 25, 2016, 09:40:45 pm
I am not a Lakers fan by any stretch of the imagination, but if Cal is offered the Lakers gig and he doesn't accept, then he will never go back to the NBA. They have the money, the history, and most importantly for Cal, the spotlight of LA and playing in front of the stars. It is right up his alley.

100%

If he doesn't take the Lakers job, then he's at UK til he retires or gets fired for violations.

rude1

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 28, 2016, 09:22:37 am
Thibadeau would have been hired this offseason. You're still not making any sense. What does Kobe retiring have to do with anything? Why even fire the coach before Scott if it didn't essentially matter who the head coach was.
How hard is it to understand that the only thing they could change is coaches as long as Kobe was there to give the appearance of at least trying to improve? You are hung up on Thibadeau, maybe they aren't, maybe they have their eyes on someone else. Makes sense if you know you are going to have to start over, start over with a new coach too, to give him a chance to turn the franchise around. I will wait to see what is done going forward as I understand how they were handcuffed with Kobe and had no chance of turning it around with him on the roster.   

IowaWildcatfan

Cal isn't going anywhere guys. His son is now a walk on at KY and will be there at least 4 more years. BTW, Cal has never had any NCAA violations so you can stop with the BS. Use your common sense with the facts and you will get a better understanding of Cal at KY.

Quote from: Razorbackers on April 28, 2016, 10:47:54 am
100%

If he doesn't take the Lakers job, then he's at UK til he retires or gets fired for violations.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: IowaWildcatfan on April 28, 2016, 06:49:09 pm
Cal isn't going anywhere guys. His son is now a walk on at KY and will be there at least 4 more years. BTW, Cal has never had any NCAA violations so you can stop with the BS. Use your common sense with the facts and you will get a better understanding of Cal at KY.

You want facts, well here's one. Let me remind you which coach has had TWO final fours stricken from their record. That would be your lover boy Cal. KY's emphasis on basketball is what makes it an attractive program for the right coach. But that emphasis comes with a price to be paid..................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SuperSid4Ever

And Eddie Sutton's son was at Kentucky on scholarship, if I recall correctly.  Remind us all:  How did that one turn out?

hog.goblin

Tubby Smith's son was on scholarship at Georgia when Tubby left for Kentucky.  He coached against his son.

Razorbackers

Use your common sense

You're right, my bad. I mean he's not going anywhere until he is almost caught and leaves for a different job, leaving the university holding the bag and facing the repercussions of his actions because he's a scumbag.

My bad.

IowaWildcatfan

Again you guys have so much hate for a man that you don't even know. Look at at the NCAA records and find me one infraction that Cal has done. You won't. The two vacates that you say were created by a JR taking money from an agent three years after being in college. THATS NOT ON CAL. Then after year and two letters from the NCAA clearing house cleared Rose to play. Then after the season is over they question if he actually took his entrance test but Rose never replied to the Ncaa because he was already playing in the NBA.  So the NCAA vacates the Memphis games he played in even though they have no proof that he didn't take his own test. AGAIN THAT NOT ON CAL. The hot sun must have your guys brains fried. BTW, the same NCAA is going to Let North Carolina cheat for 20 plus years with fake classes and grades and not do anything. We live in a corrupt country but Cal isn't one one them.

Quote from: Razorbackers on April 28, 2016, 10:42:27 pm
You're right, my bad. I mean he's not going anywhere until he is almost caught and leaves for a different job, leaving the university holding the bag and facing the repercussions of his actions because he's a scumbag.

My bad.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: IowaWildcatfan on April 29, 2016, 06:11:55 pm
Again you guys have so much hate for a man that you don't even know. Look at at the NCAA records and find me one infraction that Cal has done. You won't. The two vacates that you say were created by a JR taking money from an agent three years after being in college. THATS NOT ON CAL. Then after year and two letters from the NCAA clearing house cleared Rose to play. Then after the season is over they question if he actually took his entrance test but Rose never replied to the Ncaa because he was already playing in the NBA.  So the NCAA vacates the Memphis games he played in even though they have no proof that he didn't take his own test. AGAIN THAT NOT ON CAL. The hot sun must have your guys brains fried. BTW, the same NCAA is going to Let North Carolina cheat for 20 plus years with fake classes and grades and not do anything. We live in a corrupt country but Cal isn't one one them.

The NCAA is garbage as an investigative agency.

Calipari being a slimeball has nothing to do with the failures of NCAA investigations. Calipari's history says his programs will get caught again.
This is my non-signature signature.

Atlhogfan1

Cal is.  Cal is the best at plausible deniability.  I don't have an issue with it as he is a master and shields himself like no other.  Wooden was shielded as well whether he knew what was happening or not.  If you can do it, do it.  Cal can.  Enjoy it.  Celebrate and own it as a UK fan.  Cal is what he is.  To UK's credit, they would be elite likely without totally selling out to Cal.  But you did anyway. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Pig in the Pokey

I mean, Al Capone was JUST A TAX DODGER< right??
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

SuperSid4Ever

Every school he's ever coached at has been hit with NCAA sanctions almost immediately after he's left, and the fans @ UMass and Memphis will tell you that he runs a dirty program.  When he's done at UK and you guys find yourself under that same microscope, you will most likely be blaming him for it, as well.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: SuperSid4Ever on April 30, 2016, 01:07:06 am
Every school he's ever coached at has been hit with NCAA sanctions almost immediately after he's left, and the fans @ UMass and Memphis will tell you that he runs a dirty program.  When he's done at UK and you guys find yourself under that same microscope, you will most likely be blaming him for it, as well.

It's KY basketball.......................very slippery.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SuperSid4Ever

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 30, 2016, 07:25:50 am
It's KY basketball.......................very slippery.

Yeah, I know.  It goes back to all the $1,000 sneakers in years gone by, and it's been going on there since before I was born nearly 52 years ago.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: SuperSid4Ever on April 30, 2016, 07:40:50 am
Yeah, I know.  It goes back to all the $1,000 sneakers in years gone by, and it's been going on there since before I was born nearly 52 years ago.

You do realize KY and slippery could mean something else and thus an analogy as to the "nastiness" that is Kentucky basketball don't you..................................

SuperSid4Ever

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 30, 2016, 07:48:09 am
You do realize KY and slippery could mean something else and thus an analogy as to the "nastiness" that is Kentucky basketball don't you..................................

Yeah, I know.

Something akin to a lubricating jelly maybe?  lol