Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou loses another....

Started by Swinesong1, April 21, 2016, 07:03:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Swinesong1

Gant gone.  That's like 100 transfer/decommits in five years!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 21, 2016, 07:03:04 pm

Dang, couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.

ShadowHawg

The ghost of MA lingering there.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Not a large enough "Safe Zone" ?

Went looking for a campus with larger ones?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

RacinRazorback

Wow, and I thought we were bad! Makes you wonder whats going on in college basketball these days. I never remember so many "revolving" rosters!

azhog10

Quote from: RacinRazorback on April 22, 2016, 10:17:59 am
Wow, and I thought we were bad! Makes you wonder whats going on in college basketball these days. I never remember so many "revolving" rosters!
It's the culture of things these days, commitment isn't what it used. It's kinda like Lebron vs. MJ mentality. Some want to go play where they think it will be easier to win, play, or just have fun. Others (MJ mentality) wants to beat the best but doing it through hardwork and determination and if his team isn't good enough, then he's going to make sure that he's not the reason they aren't and others follow his lead. MJ never wanted to play with Bird or Magic. He wanted to beat them. Today we have a lot of in-state kids that don't have that mentality, and I'm not blaming them just stating what seems obvious to me.

klp1

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 22, 2016, 05:21:57 am
Not a large enough "Safe Zone" ?

Went looking for a campus with larger ones?

That protest nonsense last fall has hastened the destruction of their athletic programs.  Enrollment and donations are down.  They are facing millions in financial shortfall.  They may never dig out of that mess

razorhead94

But apparently it only happens here...
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: azhog10 on April 22, 2016, 10:56:56 am
It's the culture of things these days, commitment isn't what it used. It's kinda like Lebron vs. MJ mentality. Some want to go play where they think it will be easier to win, play, or just have fun. Others (MJ mentality) wants to beat the best but doing it through hardwork and determination and if his team isn't good enough, then he's going to make sure that he's not the reason they aren't and others follow his lead. MJ never wanted to play with Bird or Magic. He wanted to beat them. Today we have a lot of in-state kids that don't have that mentality, and I'm not blaming them just stating what seems obvious to me.

I can't really agree with this whole "old school guys did it on their own and that was better" narrative. Johnson had Kareem, Bird had McHale and Parish, and MJ had Pippen. They didn't want to share the spotlight but they were more than happy to have other guys on their teams that could. How is that more admirable than what goes on nowadays?

azhog10

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on April 22, 2016, 11:39:25 am
I can't really agree with this whole "old school guys did it on their own and that was better" narrative. Johnson had Kareem, Bird had McHale and Parish, and MJ had Pippen. They didn't want to share the spotlight but they were more than happy to have other guys on their teams that could. How is that more admirable than what goes on nowadays?
I don't disagree that there was robin to every batman. Scottie and Pippen were drafted/traded before they ever played a game. Same with most of the guys you talked about. Magic was drafted by the Lakers. I'm talking about guys packing up shop to go play somewhere else. Wade was a superstar, Bosh was close to one at the time. Just recently Lebron talked about wanting to play with CP3 and Melo. But in no way am I saying these guys did it all by themselves. I'm saying that these guys wanted to be the best, and didn't think they had to go somewhere else to do it, or had to go somewhere else to win a ring.

husker71

Yea the Lebron stuff bothers me.  I had a Cavs guide that says the Cavs have two rising young stars in JJ Hickson and Mo Williams.  It was obvious that no talent was coming there to play.  That organization was/is all screwed up.  If I was LeBron I would have left for Miami also.

azhog10

Quote from: husker71 on April 22, 2016, 12:06:31 pm
Yea the Lebron stuff bothers me.  I had a Cavs guide that says the Cavs have two rising young stars in JJ Hickson and Mo Williams.  It was obvious that no talent was coming there to play.  That organization was/is all screwed up.  If I was LeBron I would have left for Miami also.
I can omit the Lebron to Miami deal. I think the Cavs were trying to do right, but at the same time didn't really bring in talent thinking maybe Lebron would never leave. But the comments of late, in the middle of the season, talking about how he'd like to play with Melo and CP3 kind of bugged me. I just don't see any of the great ones doing that. Maybe that's just me.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: azhog10 on April 22, 2016, 12:05:36 pm
I don't disagree that there was robin to every batman. Scottie and Pippen were drafted/traded before they ever played a game. Same with most of the guys you talked about. Magic was drafted by the Lakers. I'm talking about guys packing up shop to go play somewhere else. Wade was a superstar, Bosh was close to one at the time. Just recently Lebron talked about wanting to play with CP3 and Melo. But in no way am I saying these guys did it all by themselves. I'm saying that these guys wanted to be the best, and didn't think they had to go somewhere else to do it, or had to go somewhere else to win a ring.

Whoa, I hadn't heard all that. The Knicks and the Rockets seem to me to be an example of what you're talking about too.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: klp1 on April 22, 2016, 11:03:52 am
That protest nonsense last fall has hastened the destruction of their athletic programs.  Enrollment and donations are down.  They are facing millions in financial shortfall.  They may never dig out of that mess

Good.  Hope the go broke.   The school sucks
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

HogBreath

Quote from: azhog10 on April 22, 2016, 12:05:36 pm
Scottie and Pippen were drafted/traded before they ever played a game.

If my memory serves me correctly, I'm thinking Scottie and Pippen were maybe the same person.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

theFlyingHog

Quote from: HogBreath on April 22, 2016, 07:09:27 pm
If my memory serves me correctly, I'm thinking Scottie and Pippen were maybe the same person.
Scottie played away games, pippen played home games

Quote from: BigSexyHog on April 22, 2016, 01:07:19 pm
Good.  Hope the go broke.   The school sucks
Correct grammar would have made for a more compelling argument.

HogBreath

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 22, 2016, 08:24:33 pm
Scottie played away games, pippen played home games
Didn't they play on a team with Michael and Jordan and also Dennis and Rodman and Wormy?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

April 24, 2016, 02:47:51 am #18 Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 03:01:26 am by SooiecidetillNuttgone
Quote from: klp1 on April 22, 2016, 11:03:52 am

I hope they don't.   They ruined careers and perpetuated a false narrative to the jaundiced media and pandered to a deluded, self-absorbed student body segment.

I posted a link about their enrollment shortfall several weeks ago.

It went on to say they were going to have to freeze hiring and make budget cuts in order to operate this coming year.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Biggus Piggus

Holy chit. Missouri has six players leaving? The Tigers might have become a long-term problem for the SEC.
[CENSORED]!

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Mick Hogger

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 25, 2016, 07:20:38 am
Holy chit. Missouri has six players leaving? The Tigers might have become a long-term problem for the SEC.

This. What if they're the next Vanderbilt of football? The road to the East will just get that much easier.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

pigture perfect

Mizzou is losing out to Missouri State. Multiple factors of course. 1 being that Springfield is a much better college town than Columbia.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

WMHawgfan

They aren't the only ones with issues right not. Tiger High over in Memphis is down to 4 players left for Tubby. He is going to have to do one helluva job to put anything resembling a competitive team on the court.

As for Missouri, my only sympathy is for the HC. He seems like a good coach that loves the school and doesn't have any baggage that I know of. The school may deserve this but I don't feel he does.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Mick Hogger on April 25, 2016, 03:19:05 pm
This. What if they're the next Vanderbilt of football? The road to the East will just get that much easier.

Missouri/Vandy to the West and Bama/Auburn to the East.  ;)

pigture perfect

I would like Mizzou and Ky to the west even.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 25, 2016, 07:20:38 am

No problem.  Missouri's going to reload with some walk-on basketball players... that were part of the protestors last fall.   ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on April 26, 2016, 11:05:29 pm
No problem.  Missouri's going to reload with some walk-on basketball players... that were part of the protestors last fall.   ;)

I heard on defense they'll play a "safety zone", complete with trigger warnings.
His response to me:

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 27, 2016, 02:59:06 am

I heard on defense they'll play a "safety zone", complete with trigger warnings.

Yeah, bet you're right. They will then demand that the police chief, mayor & governor resign.   ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.