Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This year's bracket

Started by Biggus Piggus, March 14, 2016, 09:22:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

So much wrong. Don't even know where to start.

A lot of higher seeds have unusually difficult first round games, because the committee was a bunch of goobs.

Some higher seeds were underseeded, complicating this matchup thing.

The overall No.1 seed didn't even get treated like an overall No.1. What the heck happened?
[CENSORED]!

hobhog

Maybe it will lead to a crazy tournament. There is no dominant tier of teams this year, and the committee has become so scared to go out of the box they let history dictate seeds. Wish they had looked back 25 years- maybe the Hogs could have gotten in.

Oliver

root_hawg

What tourney are you talking about?  I thought basketball season was over.

DEVIL DOG HOG

They should let the football committee do the basketball tourney.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Lanny

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 14, 2016, 09:22:50 pm
So much wrong. Don't even know where to start.

A lot of higher seeds have unusually difficult first round games, because the committee was a bunch of goobs.

Some higher seeds were underseeded, complicating this matchup thing.

The overall No.1 seed didn't even get treated like an overall No.1. What the heck happened?
As long as Duke and Kentucky exit early, I'm happy
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

gmarv

Biggus Piggus

I want to know how the Pac 12 is manipulating scheduling to get rated so high in RPI. That's the only reason why Oregon was given a No. 1 seed.

Massey Ratings has a composite rankings page. The average ranking for Oregon is eighth. Among 54 rating systems, 10 have Oregon in the top four (including RPI). Almost all of those are designed to copy the RPI. In comparison, 25 systems don't have Oregon in the top eight.

Also - the number of systems that ranked Kentucky higher than Texas A&M: 2. Two out of 54.
[CENSORED]!