Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Commits on Hogs 1-2 start

Started by The Recruiting Guy, September 21, 2015, 10:02:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

Good to hear. I think the injuries and losses of Flowers, Philon, and Spaight are a little bigger than we thought.

presidenthog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 21, 2015, 10:15:07 am
Good to hear. I think the injuries and losses of Flowers, Philon, and Spaight are a little bigger than we thought.
I think losing jwill was the final nail on this season. we really needed philon to stay but he had other plans.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: presidenthog on September 21, 2015, 10:32:38 am
I think losing jwill was the final nail on this season. we really needed philon to stay but he had other plans.

Can blame the kid. He's getting playing time.

TNhawgfan

Sounds like those young men are more grounded than most of us, myself included
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

BatesvilleHOG

Fairly uncommon to see reactions like that from commits after two home losses to unranked teams. They are truly uncommon men.

sickboy

Quote from: presidenthog on September 21, 2015, 10:32:38 am

I think losing JWill and Kody Walker was disastrous. Part of the way this system works is that our tandem back system is built to wear your butt down. When you don't have that... You're forced to throw more. When three of your top wide receivers get injured... That gets harder.

I'm still amazed we've managed to move the ball the little we have, but we're a limping offense at this point. Proud of AC tough. He's run very strong as the lone bruiser out there.

RME

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on September 21, 2015, 11:01:55 am
Fairly uncommon to see reactions like that from commits after two home losses to unranked teams. They are truly uncommon men.

Based on what? Your own, personal speculation of how commits to other teams would react? This "uncommon" stuff is making me sick to my stomach.

Tyro3

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 21, 2015, 11:13:24 am
Based on what? Your own, personal speculation of how commits to other teams would react? This "uncommon" stuff is making me sick to my stomach.

You probably need to take something for that.

RME

Quote from: Tyro3 on September 21, 2015, 11:14:47 am
You probably need to take something for that.

Winning football games that you should win would be a great cure.

razorhog52

We need 2 big time RB in addition to Hammonds. We are paper thin at RB. Besides Whaley and White, I don't know who else is out there.

presidenthog

Quote from: razorhog52 on September 21, 2015, 11:31:17 am
We need 2 big time RB in addition to Hammonds. We are paper thin at RB. Besides Whaley and White, I don't know who else is out there.
You can probably take those 2 off your board. Whaley didn't list us in his top 3. I feel a lot of ground is between us and white at this moment. we will probably start hearing other names before long because we simply can't be left standing at the alter on NSD with our d*** in our hands.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: razorhog52 on September 21, 2015, 11:31:17 am

Maybe Pennamon?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HogimusMaximus

Why would it change, they know they might get early playing time here and sit or redshirt if they went to a school with more talent.

Vantage 8 dude

Fine, so it makes you sick to your stomach. Take some Alka Seltzer and hopefully that will help your situation. As for the #uncommon comments either get over it or leave-your choice. And as far as that particular saying and attribute? Well that's not going to change either.

Vantage 8 dude

Meh....

Rzbakfromwaybak

Good news.  Hope all the commit's feel the same way 4 months from now.  We always need to get a solid recruiting class....but this year specially.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Oklahawg

Gosh, maybe the coaches told them that this is a 4-5 year ramp-up and they expect some potholes this year.

Gosh, maybe the players commit to a concept not a win/loss record.

I am pleased that most of you wigging out.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jackflash

Before you jump off a cliff this is just a game. figure most of you have a family and that far more important than this game. I went to LR and to the one on the hill had a great time wish we had won. but we didn't will see how the next one goes. If we don't win that one the world not going to end

Bowfishinghogfan

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 22, 2015, 01:14:20 am
Gosh, maybe the coaches told them that this is a 4-5 year ramp-up and they expect some potholes this year.

Gosh, maybe the players commit to a concept not a win/loss record.

I am pleased that most of you wigging out.

That is absolutely the not the case. He blew smoke all summer touting the team. This year absolutely was not scheduled for potholes. this was the year for 10-11 wins with a 5th year sr qb. You don't get it if you don't think kids care about wins and losses. Im at a loss on this response

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: TNhawgfan on September 21, 2015, 10:56:23 am
Sounds like those young men are more grounded than most of us, myself included
took the words right out of my mouth.

Steef

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on September 22, 2015, 05:09:26 pm
That is absolutely the not the case. He blew smoke all summer touting the team. This year absolutely was not scheduled for potholes. this was the year for 10-11 wins with a 5th year sr qb. You don't get it if you don't think kids care about wins and losses. Im at a loss on this response

Bret said during the summer that we would win 10-11 games this season?

Can you find that quote?

Meantime, while you're looking for it...you need to calm down. This is a recruiting thread, not a screaming thread.

tophawg19

Every coach at the start of the season says their team is going to be good . If they didn't the players and fans wouldn't believe in them. it's up to the fans to pay attention to the team for themselves . everyone one knew or should have that this was a 5 year rebuild . we are still too young and inexperienced at too many positions . some of our better players are playing out of position because of this lack of experience . depth is still an issue as well . You bought into the hype and what you wanted to hear without really looking at what was really there
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins