Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiel Pollard

Started by AugustaHog, September 15, 2015, 07:08:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AugustaHog

Take this FWIW, but I have heard rumblings out of Moultrie, GA (30 mins away from me) that Pollard is leaning heavily toward the Hogs.  I was told that he was waiting on a Hog offer, was pumped to get it, and likely to be a Hog.  I know we have him and Graham coming in this weekend.  I don't see how we take 4 WRs in this class, but we would have 4 good ones if both of those young men commit.  He is a big, physical, run-blocking WR that would fit perfectly in our scheme.

WooPig90

Yeah I saw earlier that he wants to commit, but I am surprised we would take so many WRs with limited spots.

redeye

pigture perfect

Sounds great, providing it's true.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

WildRazorback

Just watched his highlights and I saw a very capable receiver. He is physical and is not afraid of contact; thus, will fit our system very well. Game changer? Probably not, but I could definitely see him being effective on third downs. Run some hitch routes to the marker, find the open spot in the zone, and let him fight for extra yards. It will be interesting to see if Graham pulls the trigger and then the consequential outcome with Pollard. Graham is more of a dynamic player, whereas Pollard is more of a role guy. Personally, it's hard for me to justify taking both if our available scholarships are as limited as we have heard. If you have to take one, it's gotta be Graham.

ARtillahog

Quote from: WildRazorback on September 16, 2015, 02:57:49 am
Just watched his highlights and I saw a very capable receiver. He is physical and is not afraid of contact; thus, will fit our system very well. Game changer? Probably not, but I could definitely see him being effective on third downs. Run some hitch routes to the marker, find the open spot in the zone, and let him fight for extra yards. It will be interesting to see if Graham pulls the trigger and then the consequential outcome with Pollard. Graham is more of a dynamic player, whereas Pollard is more of a role guy. Personally, it's hard for me to justify taking both if our available scholarships are as limited as we have heard. If you have to take one, it's gotta be Graham.

I gotta agree here.  I was wondering if the Hogs would take him as an athlete and move him where they needed him most for his size, but they are on much better players at those positions.

AugustaHog

He looks like a beast for sure.  I really like both him and Graham, I just don't know how the numbers afford 4 WRs in this class.  Obviously our staff knows what they are doing and how many schollies they will have to play with. 

downsouthhawg72

It's not like we have 11 WR's on the team that can play. We really only have a few. So taking 4 in this class that can play is fine with me.
DownSouthHawg

WooPig90

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on September 16, 2015, 09:25:45 am
It's not like we have 11 WR's on the team that can play. We really only have a few. So taking 4 in this class that can play is fine with me.

So the ones that "cant play" you are just going to force them all out?

Paul

Quote from: WooPig90 on September 16, 2015, 10:12:26 am
If they cant play in our system, you owe it to them to allow them to go somewhere they can play.  Look at Phillip Ely.  I'm sure he's glad he transferred out instead of signaling in plays or holding the towel obscuring the signal caller.

WooPig90

Quote from: Paul on September 16, 2015, 11:24:08 am
  If they cant play in our system, you owe it to them to allow them to go somewhere they can play.  Look at Phillip Ely.  I'm sure he's glad he transferred out instead of signaling in plays or holding the towel obscuring the signal caller.

We have a lot of young WRs who have either only played 1 year or are red shirting this year, lets give them a chance first before kicking them out.

WorfHog

I'd say looking at the passing yards we're putting up the receivers are not an issue, but the majority of those yards we're through Keon.  We'll see if anyone steps up this week.

downsouthhawg72

Quote from: WooPig90 on September 16, 2015, 10:12:26 am

Some of us don't seem to care about a QB transferring out that's holding up a clip board but don't want to get rid of a WR that's holding up a clip board. I'm all for letting some go that's not really going to help & try to help them get on somewhere they can play at. The Reed kid is doing pretty well for himself at UCA....so sometimes transferring out is not a bad thing....T Jackson helped himself by transferring because he just didn't fit the system....Or we can do like other schools do & switch them to defense...George Wilson was a WR at Arkansas....He was a star saftey in the NFL..
DownSouthHawg

SEdrhawg

Quote from: WooPig90 on September 15, 2015, 09:59:01 pm
Yeah I saw earlier that he wants to commit, but I am surprised we would take so many WRs with limited spots.

Did you see how many drops we had last week?  WR is an enormous "need" area for us... still. 

Keon is gone after this year.  As far as young talent.... JoJo could be elite but has not shown the ability to stay out of the doghouse yet.  Same story with Reed, missing team meetings is not a good sign.  Cornelius has flashes of brilliance, Drew Morgan is serviceable, Hollister is reliable.... but who is the go-to, 3rd and 9 receiver that we can count on?  Its just not there.

hawgmasta

Quote from: SEdrhawg on September 17, 2015, 09:52:52 am

Did you see how many drops we had last week?  WR is an enormous "need" area for us... still. 

Keon is gone after this year.  As far as young talent.... JoJo could be elite but has not shown the ability to stay out of the doghouse yet.  Same story with Reed, missing team meetings is not a good sign.  Cornelius has flashes of brilliance, Drew Morgan is serviceable, Hollister is reliable.... but who is the go-to, 3rd and 9 receiver that we can count on?  Its just not there.

Exactly. I don't think this is player bashing and I apologize if it comes off that way it's no my intention it's just there doesn't seem to be any players the staff really trust in our wideout corps except Hatcher. That doesn't mean the guys we have dont  have the talent we just don't see them a ton. Maybe their trying to get a bunch of guys and let the cream rise to the top.

azhog10

To be fair Keon was this weekend, and always had a case of the dropsies.

jackflash

I don't have a problem with them taking as many wide receiver as the want. I hope Cleveland is one of them

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: jackflash on September 18, 2015, 11:39:49 pm
I don't have a problem with them taking as many wide receiver as the want. I hope Cleveland is one of them

I bet Arkansas likes him as an athlete.

WooPig90

WriterWrong

Quote from: WooPig90 on September 25, 2015, 02:28:18 pm
Committed! WPS!

Yeah. Literally just read this thread, went and looked and he's committed. Thought I had stumbled upon some breaking news.

WooPig90

Does this mean we aren't getting Graham? Or might Pollard play another position since they are listing him as an ATH?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: AugustaHog on September 15, 2015, 07:08:41 pm
Take this FWIW, but I have heard rumblings out of Moultrie, GA (30 mins away from me) that Pollard is leaning heavily toward the Hogs.  I was told that he was waiting on a Hog offer, was pumped to get it, and likely to be a Hog.  I know we have him and Graham coming in this weekend.  I don't see how we take 4 WRs in this class, but we would have 4 good ones if both of those young men commit.  He is a big, physical, run-blocking WR that would fit perfectly in our scheme.
Well based on his commit to us today it's obvious those "rumblings" you heard down there weren't from a near by storm. WPS!!

bigdaddyhawg

No, I didn't.  How many drops did we have?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Scott7703

This one is a head scratcher.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Scott7703 on September 25, 2015, 03:11:19 pm
This one is a head scratcher.

I'm thinking he's not a WR.  Maybe an H-back?  Or LB. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

AugustaHog

This kid is a big, strong, fast athlete.  We can't get enough of those kinds of guys.  He is a willing blocker and is the best playmaker on one of the best teams in the state of Georgia.  He may not have the hype, but this kid is a good get.  Welcome aboard Kiel!  Now I just have to find a Friday to catch one of his games.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: AugustaHog on September 25, 2015, 03:24:31 pm
This kid is a big, strong, fast athlete.  We can't get enough of those kinds of guys.  He is a willing blocker and is the best playmaker on one of the best teams in the state of Georgia.  He may not have the hype, but this kid is a good get.  Welcome aboard Kiel!  Now I just have to find a Friday to catch one of his games.

How fast is he?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

redleg

Quote from: AugustaHog on September 15, 2015, 07:08:41 pm

Is TJ Hammonds going to play WR or RB? I betcha if Bielema can get a good RB he'll be a wideout...if not he might be adding lbs. to make the move to RB next year.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

WooPig90

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 25, 2015, 03:59:35 pm
How fast is he?

From what I heard,, not too fast. Around a 4.6...being recruited as an athlete not just WR

AugustaHog

I've read that the staff is interested in him as a potential Wild Hog QB as well.  I wouldn't worry about his speed, he holds his own in the highest classification in Ga public schools.  He's not going to be a Reed or even a Jojo type of wideout.  I see him as a Boo Williams style of guy which is perfect for our offense. 

AugustaHog

I will try to catch a game in person and give some honest feedback on what I see for myself.

pigskenG

IMO, I don't think we need another WR. We need two or three each of rb's, OL, and linebackers ... all 4* or 5* guys please. We would look like a much better team. Sure would be nice to recruit like Ala, Au, LSU, A&M, OM, TN, GA, FL for a change. We seem to recruit like the Kentucky of the West. I think we do more with what we have than just about any team in the SEC. Love my Razorbacks, but I'm ready to be able to read the Sunday sports page again.    Beat A&M .

tophawg19

Guys from watching his clips , He reminds me of Jamal Anderson when he came here . A big kid who just never seemed to be a wr but became a fantastic DE .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hogfan46

Per Danny West:

@DannyWest1: If you see Pollard listed as a WR, it's inaccurate. He's considered an athlete in this class. #HawgSports