Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watched Crockett Friday

Started by KevinOMReb, September 09, 2015, 11:19:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinOMReb

September 09, 2015, 11:19:40 am Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 11:47:08 am by KevinOMReb
Nice back but not SEC material.  Of course I'm spoiled watching Michael Dyer from the 6th grade on but he's not even on the same planet as Michael. Honestly I thought the best player was Joe Hampton, the WR.  I see where he's got an offer of a preferred walkon from you all.  Good hands, good routes.  Not a burner but a good possession receiver.   Saw he ran a 4.46 so there's upside.

BTW, congrats on McTelvin.  We wanted him badly.  Great pickup.

KevinOMReb
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

LRrazorback

Quote from: KevinOMReb on September 09, 2015, 11:19:40 am
Nice back but not SEC material.  Of course I'm spoiled watching Michael Dyer from the 6th grade on but he's not even on the same planet as Michael. Honestly I thought the best player was Joe Hampton, the WR.  I see where he's got an offer of a preferred walkon from you all.  Good hands, good routes.  Not a burner but a good possession receiver.   Saw he ran a 4.46 so there's upside.

BTW, congrats on Melvin.  We wanted him badly.  Great pickup.

You mean McTelvin?

KevinOMReb

KevinOMReb

Quote from: LRrazorback on September 09, 2015, 11:29:58 am

Correct.  Not many McTelvin's running around.  Matter of fact he might be the only.  But it was a complement regardless.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

wholehog92

KevinOMReb

Thanks for the report I guess.  Dyer is a good example of what we aren't looking for though.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

LRrazorback

BTW, Kevin I agree with you on Crockett. I think it's why he didn't get an offer from Ark, not sure if he has one from another SEC school, otherwise I think he goes to the sec.

redleg

Quote from: LRrazorback on September 09, 2015, 12:11:01 pm
BTW, Kevin I agree with you on Crockett. I think it's why he didn't get an offer from Ark, not sure if he has one from another SEC school, otherwise I think he goes to the sec.
The only SEC school to offer so far is Vandy...which is why he chose Boise St, I'm sure.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

scorekeeper

Quote from: redleg on September 09, 2015, 12:17:55 pm
The only SEC school to offer so far is Vandy...which is why he chose Boise St, I'm sure.
If it comes down to Vandy vs Boise St...I think I would pick Vandy.
1. Quality of Education
2. Location...family can travel to games.
3. Conference affiliation
4. Weather
5. Entertainment
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: scorekeeper on September 09, 2015, 01:30:53 pm
1. Quality of Education
4. Weather
5. Entertainment
He's probably more interested in winning football games.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: scorekeeper on September 09, 2015, 01:30:53 pm
1. Quality of Education
4. Weather
5. Entertainment

But that smurf turf.

ArkansasI

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on September 09, 2015, 01:58:47 pm
He's probably more interested in winning football games.

Sure -- "Come to the great northwest and play really crappy teams where only a handful of people will ever see you play."

Going to Vandy on scholarship should be the easiest decision the kid will ever have to make.

Geesh.  Years from now when he's in the Wal-Mart manager training program, I'm sure he'll be saying "but at least I got to play on a winning team".
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

redeye

Thanks for the observations Kevin!

secneahog

Fyi...Tj Hammonds is 5'11 201 4.42 40 in his sr year.  Watch his senior highlight tape.  Rb!
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

LRrazorback

Quote from: secneahog on September 09, 2015, 04:13:34 pm
Fyi...Tj Hammonds is 5'11 201 4.42 40 in his sr year.  Watch his senior highlight tape.  Rb!

What's this have to do with damera Crockett?

Wooderson

If you haven't been to Boise you should not knock it.  It is a remarkable place. 
Give me liberty, or give me death!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Wooderson on September 09, 2015, 07:53:38 pm
If you haven't been to Boise you should not knock it.  It is a remarkable place. 

You don't have to knock Boise, ID to know a Vandy education is the way to go, without question -- unless a Vandy coach ran over his dog or stole his girlfriend or something like that.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

tusksincolorado

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 10, 2015, 09:14:32 am
You don't have to knock Boise, ID to know a Vandy education is the way to go, without question -- unless a Vandy coach ran over his dog or stole his girlfriend or something like that.

Your both correct....

Boise is a wonderful place.

Vandy is a OUTSTANDING education.

I would have to defer to Vanderbilt, just for the everlasting value.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: tusksincolorado on September 10, 2015, 04:13:49 pm
Your both correct....

For the extra money you'd earn over a career that a Vandy education would bring, you could buy a few hundred acres outside Boise before retirement if you wanted to.

ricepig

Quote from: tusksincolorado on September 10, 2015, 04:13:49 pm
Your both correct....

"Your"?? You must be a product of the same system as myself!

GalaHawg

KevinOMReb

Not cool... do they allow bashing recruits on OM sites?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: GalaHawg on September 10, 2015, 04:42:58 pm
Not cool... do they allow bashing recruits on OM sites?
Not sure they even have OM sites. That'd mean they actually have internet service in Oxfart.

WorfHog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 10, 2015, 04:18:53 pm
For the extra money you'd earn over a career that a Vandy education would bring, you could buy a few hundred acres outside Boise before retirement if you wanted to.

Probably not with most of the majors the football players are "choosing."

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ricepig on September 10, 2015, 04:24:39 pm
"Your"?? You must be a product of the same system as myself!

Stanahans

tusksincolorado

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 10, 2015, 04:18:53 pm

Coeur d' Alene or Kalispell

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: tusksincolorado on September 10, 2015, 08:16:23 pm
Coeur d' Alene or Kalispell

Well, a very parlez-vous francais to you, too!

Oklahawg

Cleaned up a few things. We should support an opposing fan who posts a non-flaming thread.

Thanks, Kevin.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

tusksincolorado