Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question for Richard ?

Started by Hoggard, September 08, 2015, 09:19:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggard

With linebacker being one of our thinnest groups on a defense that is turning complete beast mode. How many do you expect us to sign in this class ? And who are we in on ?

Thank you in advance for response.  :razorback:
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

greenie

September 08, 2015, 10:02:19 pm #1 Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 10:13:38 pm by greenie
We have 10 on the roster now, none of which are graduating and I don't think any will leave early:

51   Brooks Ellis   LB   Jr   6-2   242   Fayetteville, Ark.   Fayetteville HS
35   Dwayne Eugene   LB   So   6-1   235   Marrero, La.   Archbishop Rummel HS
18   Derrick Graham   LB   Fr   6-4   247   Gainesville, Fla.   Hardee Senior HS
23   Dre Greenlaw   LB   Fr   6-0   222   Fayetteville, Ark.   Fayetteville HS
27   Khalia Hackett   LB   So   6-2   230   Douglasville, Ga.   South Paulding HS
45   Josh Harris           LB   R-Fr   5-10   220   Pine Bluff, Ark.   Watson Chapel HS
34   Tyler Phillips   LB   Fr   6-1   222   North Little Rock, Ark.   North Little Rock HS
44   Matt Reynolds   LB   So   6-1   215   McKinney, Texas   McKinney HS
57   Nicholas Thomas-Smith   LB   Jr   5-10   225   Chesterfield, Mo.   Marquette HS
21   Josh Williams   LB   Jr   6-1   237   Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.   Dillard HS / Dodge City (Kan.) CC

We have 2 committed for next year's class:
1. Alexy Jean-Baptiste
2. Dejon Harris

I think we get 1 more and I'm guessing it will be Jordan Carmouche.  Would love to add Michael Divinity, but that is unlikely in my opinion.

Other possibilities: Donta Evans, Jeffrey McCulloch, Deontre Hardwick

Hoping Richard weighs in...

onebadrubi

I think we will continue to take 3-4 LB's a year till we have depth there similar to DLine.  I say this because these are also stellar special teams players usually, so it reduces the risk when they can at a minimum contribute there. 

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Derrick Graham is not a LB anymore. DE

So we are still thin on experience but talented.

If Ellis decides to go pro it will hurt alot

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on September 08, 2015, 10:39:06 pm

They moved him back to LB the next monday after that scrimmage. He will drop about 10 pounds after this redshirt year and play either the Sam or Mike
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

nwahogfan1

They are using only 2 true LBs most of the time against all of these Passing teams so we are not as thin as we think.

deedster84

Don't see Ellis going pro even if he leads the nation in tackles. Not many pre med students do.

redeye

Seems like we've been thin at linebacker forever and spend every recruiting season hoping to sign some that are highly rated.  But how important is that if we have a great defensive line and secondary?  I'm asking because I honestly don't know.  I do know it's important to have good linebackers, but neither of our stars for the past 2 seasons (Ellis and Spraight) were 4* recruits out of high school.  In fact, the last 4* linebacker I remember was Otha Peters and he plays for Louisiana-Lafeyette nowadays.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Hoggard on September 08, 2015, 09:19:34 pm
With linebacker being one of our thinnest groups on a defense that is turning complete beast mode. How many do you expect us to sign in this class ? And who are we in on ?

Thank you in advance for response.  :razorback:

One more but numbers can also change. I'm pretty confident they get a LB that fans will be very happy about. There's one LB that most probably have written off but Arkansas seems to be still in the running for. Only time will tell.

redeye

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 09, 2015, 12:07:41 am
One more but numbers can also change. I'm pretty confident they get a LB that fans will be very happy about. There's one LB that most probably have written off but Arkansas seems to be still in the running for. Only time will tell.

Awesome!

RazorPiggie

That leaves about only 3 guys. 2 from Texas and one from Louisiana.

Scott7703

Is the guy you are referencing above committed elsewhere?

hawginbigd1

RD i appreciate all that you do, and I also envy you some, I think I know, you have to work very hard, harder than any regular sports-writer/personality. The thing I appreciate most is your willingness to interact with us, and try to keep us informed as best you can!+10000000000

The_Iceman

Quote from: redeye on September 08, 2015, 11:57:57 pm
Seems like we've been thin at linebacker forever and spend every recruiting season hoping to sign some that are highly rated.  But how important is that if we have a great defensive line and secondary?  I'm asking because I honestly don't know.  I do know it's important to have good linebackers, but neither of our stars for the past 2 seasons (Ellis and Spraight) were 4* recruits out of high school.  In fact, the last 4* linebacker I remember was Otha Peters and he plays for Louisiana-Lafeyette nowadays.

Brooks Ellis was a 4-star.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/news/_/id/144118/brooks-ellis

AugustaHog

Any of those four guys would be a good get.  Add one of them to Jean-Baptiste and Harris and you have an excellent LB haul.

presidenthog

redeye

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 09, 2015, 09:40:56 am
RD i appreciate all that you do, and I also envy you some, I think I know, you have to work very hard, harder than any regular sports-writer/personality. The thing I appreciate most is your willingness to interact with us, and try to keep us informed as best you can!+10000000000

Yea, I couldn't agree more.

redeye

IBleedRazorbackRed

Carmouche
Evans

DiamondHogFan

Is Jamario Bell still at LB?  I know CBB moved him there during fall camp to try it out.  Was that a move out of necessity for this year only if needed or is that the position we see Bell at for his years as a hog?

Huds_HawgTide

Moved back to DE cpl days later
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Scott7703 on September 09, 2015, 08:48:34 am

Is the guy you are referencing above committed elsewhere?

If the kid decides to visit and wants it out I'll say. If ends up not visiting I'll say it too.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 10, 2015, 03:47:06 pm
If the kid decides to visit and wants it out I'll say. If ends up not visiting I'll say it too.
thanks richard. i can tell you want to tell us pretty bad. so many have tried to guess lol.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Vantage 8 dude

Being premed I can promise you Ellis won't be leaving early. He's too committed to being able to go to med school. While it's possible he could give the pros a try if drafted, it won't be before he earns an undergraduate degree and qualifies to go on with his schooling.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 10, 2015, 03:48:50 pm
thanks richard. i can tell you want to tell us pretty bad. so many have tried to guess lol.

There's lots of info I hold off reporting because the recruiting process is tough enough for kids. Always like to get the ok from them before going public. Sometimes it gets out but that's the way it goes. There is some pretty interesting things going on but won't go with it until I confirm it's ok to say it. 

Steef

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 10, 2015, 03:54:06 pm
There's lots of info I hold off reporting because the recruiting process is tough enough for kids. Always like to get the ok from them before going public. Sometimes it gets out but that's the way it goes. There is some pretty interesting things going on but won't go with it until I confirm it's ok to say it.

I can only speak for myself. But I so thoroughly respect the fact that you protect the kids.

I....we...don't need to know, if it's gonna mess up one day of their life.

Glad to get the info you CAN share. Willing to wait on the rest.

Thanks.

deedster84

Only way to keep the trust and respect of future recruits. Don't want the reputation of a recruiting guru that tells all the recruits private discussions and business.

Vantage 8 dude

Always nice to see an #uncommon recruiting reporter covering an #uncommon football program and the kids it recruits.  8) ;) :D :) ;D

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 10, 2015, 04:58:33 pm
Always nice to see an #uncommon recruiting reporter covering an #uncommon football program and the kids it recruits.  8) ;) :D :) ;D
Yep! I am good with the tease as well, if RD is excited/interested I can wait!.......I think ;D

Call a Hog

Quote from: steefhog on September 10, 2015, 04:00:51 pm
I can only speak for myself. But I so thoroughly respect the fact that you protect the kids.

I....we...don't need to know, if it's gonna mess up one day of their life.

Glad to get the info you CAN share. Willing to wait on the rest.

Thanks.

Agree 100%.

redeye

That sounds like a great subject for an after-NSD article.