Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White coming for an official!

Started by hawginbigd1, August 17, 2015, 09:33:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

August 17, 2015, 09:33:46 am Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 10:44:39 am by Richard Davenport
RD says he is giving us an official!

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/aug/17/monday/

hawg IQ

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 17, 2015, 09:33:46 am
RD says he is giving us an official!

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/aug/13/thur/

Great news ! I hope he is blown away during his visit and wants to become a hog!

go hogs go !

Hogs run wild

We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

theFlyingHog

I don't see anything in the linked article about White

bigdaddyhawg

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Adam Stokes

Also nice to see that Donta Evans is also looking at taking an official even though he is still committed to OM.

bigdaddyhawg

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

presidenthog

I'm glad that there is some good news this morning. hog nation needed it after a rough weekend.

hawginbigd1

scruf

To be fair, Pokey talked him into it.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: scruf on August 17, 2015, 12:02:06 pm
To be fair, Pokey talked him into it.
I can live with that! Whatever it takes!

Hogzilla Killa

We all hate to hear about JWill's injury but in terms of recruiting, we could not have asked for a better scenario in my opinion. AC has a great year being the primary back behind this O-Line and goes pro, eliminating the possibility of him coming back for his senior year. Unfortunate but most likely true. RWIII gets a lot more carries and does really well showing the Hogs can make star freshman running backs. This looks good to Devin White and like a place he knows he will get enough carries starting year 1 to be a star.

2 running backs drafted high in the draft probably wouldn't hurt either.

sickboy

Quote from: Hogzilla Killa on August 17, 2015, 02:47:49 pm
We all hate to hear about JWill's injury but in terms of recruiting, we could not have asked for a better scenario in my opinion. AC has a great year being the primary back behind this O-Line and goes pro, eliminating the possibility of him coming back for his senior year. Unfortunate but most likely true. RWIII gets a lot more carries and does really well showing the Hogs can make star freshman running backs. This looks good to Devin White and like a place he knows he will get enough carries starting year 1 to be a star.

Honestly, I think Collins is probably planning on going pro anyway. That's the vibe I've gotten from folks. Williams was already gone after this year, so I'm not sure it really changes much for White...

either way... it's a golden opportunity for him to walk into being the featured back of a program that's run game is next to none.

lumphog

Quote from: Hogzilla Killa on August 17, 2015, 02:47:49 pm

SPOT ON KILLA....RW3 will be the LEAD recruiter for White & we get him

HogWall Jackson

I hope he keeps this appointment? There are coaches in this Mix that do not want him to even visit Arkansas. I wonder why?

870hogfan

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on August 18, 2015, 08:14:23 am
I hope he keeps this appointment? There are coaches in this Mix that do not want him to even visit Arkansas. I wonder why?

What are you talking about?

CattleCorn

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on August 18, 2015, 08:14:23 am
There are coaches in this Mix that do not want him to even visit Arkansas.

whoopigLakeCity

Hello all im a new poster but have been reading hogville for a good while now.
So on to my post.

Why would you say there are coaches who don't want him to come here? That is the dumbest thing i have read on here and i have read some very ignorant stuff on here before. There are a bunch of coaches who don't want him doing a official visit here. And to guess a few i would say every other coach trying to recruit the guy.

I don't always post,
But when i do.... :razorback:

onebadrubi

Quote from: whoopigLakeCity on August 18, 2015, 09:50:59 am
Hello all im a new poster but have been reading hogville for a good while now.
So on to my post.

Why would you say there are coaches who don't want him to come here? That is the dumbest thing i have read on here and i have read some very ignorant stuff on here before. There are a bunch of coaches who don't want him doing a official visit here. And to guess a few i would say every other coach trying to recruit the guy.

I don't always post,
But when i do.... :razorback:

Enjoy the emotional roller coaster known as Hogville.  But I believe when that poster says coaches don't want him to visit, I think he is speaking of other college coaches, NOT Hog coaches. 

I am sure there are other schools that would love for White not to even visit Arkansas because of the clear nature that White fits in with a Bielema system over say an Ole Miss or A&M system. 

Keep in mind though, White is the style that is going to succeed anywhere, which is the type of backs we want.  Can't be scared to go after the best, it is what it will take if we want to be the best.  Look at our TE and Dline, they are arguable the best of the SEC, look who we competed with to get those players, EVERYONE.  Enjoy the ride, we will whiff, we will have near misses, and we will have locks. 

GO

August 18, 2015, 02:35:10 pm #22 Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:18:00 pm by GO
His dad appears to like Bama. I work with a bunch of LSU fans several who live in Springhill and know the family and of course want him to go south. They honestly don't think they have as much of a chance with him as we do. Mainly due to playing time.  One of them sent this to me, his dad supossedly posted this earlier today or yesterday on his FB account.

Huds_HawgTide

show him this back:

"McFadden graduated from Oak Grove High School in North Little Rock, Arkansas. A widely touted recruit, he chose to attend the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, Arkansas where he would become a two-time consensus All-American as a tailback for the Razorbacks in 2006 and 2007.[1][2] In 2006, he became the first sophomore to win the Doak Walker Award,[3] the award honoring the nation's top collegiate running back. He joined Ricky Williams as only the second two-time winner after taking home the award again in 2007.[4] McFadden also won the 2007 Walter Camp Award[5] as the nation's best player and was also the runner-up for the Heisman Trophy two years in a row in 2006 and 2007.[6]"

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

Wildhog

I just googled, "Springhill, LA to Green Bay, WI" and that road does NOT go through Alabama.

It did, however, go smack dab through the middle of Arkansas.  :)
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Huds_HawgTide

want more arguments...our school has 2 awards founded by us...best assisant coach and the burlsworth award...no competition within the state with a rival or pro team...biggest O line...espn names us RBU...pretty sure we are the last school to have 2 rbs drafted in first round from same school...history of storied backs
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: Wildhog on August 18, 2015, 04:08:10 pm
I just googled, "Springhill, LA to Green Bay, WI" and that road does NOT go through Alabama.

indeed!!!!!
tommy boy

RME

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on August 18, 2015, 04:08:40 pm
want more arguments...our school has 2 awards founded by us...best assisant coach and the burlsworth award...no competition within the state with a rival or pro team...biggest O line...espn names us RBU...pretty sure we are the last school to have 2 rbs drafted in first round from same school...history of storied backs

Are you the "secret lead recruiter" in Bielema's arsenal??

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: whoopigLakeCity on August 18, 2015, 09:50:59 am

Apparently you do not understand, which probably means you should return to lurking.

Opposing coaches will put pressure on recruits to try to keep them from taking official visits to certain schools. Not all schools. Ones they don't want to compete against. Sometimes the battle is won by persuading a recruit to avoid visiting a certain school. In this case, Ray is trying to tell you that somebody who's recruiting White is hellbent on persuading him not to visit Arkansas.

This does not happen with all recruits. When it does, it's meaningful.
[CENSORED]!

Huds_HawgTide

just means we are strong competition...

devin white behind an arkansas OLINE and a coach B team is dangerous...white ran at bama if kiffin stays equals wasted talent
tommy boy

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Oklahawg

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 18, 2015, 08:33:27 am

What are you talking about?

UA is seen as a significant player for White's signature. Opposing coaches are worried that a visit to UA will seal the deal for CBB. This is kinda big.

It is no secret that our primary competition is Bama. And, yes, Saban does not want White on the UA roster.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 18, 2015, 06:07:29 pm
UA is seen as a significant player for White's signature. Opposing coaches are worried that a visit to UA will seal the deal for CBB. This is kinda big.

It is no secret that our primary competition is Bama. And, yes, Saban does not want White on the UA roster.

Our overall recruiting is much improved and, with that in mind, DW is at a level where he could be a program changer. IMHO

Saban doesn't want him anywhere but Tuscaloosa...and I think he will be in Tuscaloosa, but only when we visit.

" GO HOGS "

hogsfan31

There will be spots wide open for White after this year. JWill won't return and Collins will likely go pro once he runs for 1500 yards this season. Devin White lets just plug you in bud behind one of the best Olines in the SEC.

whoopigLakeCity

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 18, 2015, 04:10:26 pm
Apparently you do not understand, which probably means you should return to lurking.

Opposing coaches will put pressure on recruits to try to keep them from taking official visits to certain schools. Not all schools. Ones they don't want to compete against. Sometimes the battle is won by persuading a recruit to avoid visiting a certain school. In this case, Ray is trying to tell you that somebody who's recruiting White is hellbent on persuading him not to visit Arkansas.

This does not happen with all recruits. When it does, it's meaningful.

First of all i understand perfectly, if other coaches don't want him to come here for official visit that should have been said. The way it was posted sounded more like he has missed appointments with our staff and some may not have liked it. I obviously get you point by my comment.

WhooPig!!!

Dirty

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on August 18, 2015, 06:23:19 pm
Our overall recruiting is much improved and, with that in mind, DW is at a level where he could be a program changer. IMHO

Saban doesn't want him anywhere but Tuscaloosa...and I think he will be in Tuscaloosa, but only when we visit.

" GO HOGS "

+1

codeHog

Jared Cornelius might have some say in this

Huds_HawgTide

we need to get jared rolling early this season and let white revel in his cousins success...think it would go a long ways
tommy boy

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: whoopigLakeCity on August 19, 2015, 09:44:08 am
First of all i understand perfectly, if other coaches don't want him to come here for official visit that should have been said. The way it was posted sounded more like he has missed appointments with our staff and some may not have liked it. I obviously get you point by my comment.

WhooPig!!!

???
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: sickboy on August 17, 2015, 04:45:52 pm
Honestly, I think Collins is probably planning on going pro anyway. That's the vibe I've gotten from folks. Williams was already gone after this year, so I'm not sure it really changes much for White...

either way... it's a golden opportunity for him to walk into being the featured back of a program that's run game is next to none.

For the umteenth time, CBB says there are no featured backs.  The top two or three all share the carries.

there are many reasons for this...

If "featured" means starter on first series of each half, well, absolutely.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hoggish1 on August 24, 2015, 09:13:21 pm
For the umteenth time, CBB says there are no featured backs.  The top two or three all share the carries.

there are many reasons for this...

If "featured" means starter on first series of each half, well, absolutely.
Devin isn't on campus yet. When he is Coach B will be saying something more along the lines of, "Feed the stud".
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hollywood hog

Quote from: Wildhog on August 18, 2015, 04:08:10 pm

Ha, good one

WorfHog

Springhill is less than a mile from the boarder. Practically an instate kid.

redeye

QuoteRichard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy  8h8 hours ago
At a young age, #Hog target @DevinWhite_40 thought another sport was his calling. His mother and pee wee coach tells story in Sunday's ADG

redeye

Richard has a new article on White for subscribers.  This was in the comments:

QuoteGilmo • 6 hours ago
Great story, Richard. But at the risk of being a downer, I see him going to LSU since it's very likely Fournette goes pro after the season is done. Wouldn't at all mind being wrong and seeing him in a Hawg uni next year.
• Reply•Share ›
Richard Davenport Mod  Gilmo • 3 hours ago
Could be wrong but don't think he's going to LSU.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: redeye on August 30, 2015, 02:21:06 pm
Richard has a new article on White for subscribers.  This was in the comments:
Fournette isn't even a junior yet haha.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

TX HOG

We need white plus another stud RB. we really need 2 badly

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: TX HOG on September 07, 2015, 11:17:45 am
We need white plus another stud RB. we really need 2 badly
Hammond is pretty versatile but I could definitely see he and White complementing each other well in the backfield.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

The real Hogules

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on September 07, 2015, 11:43:34 am
Hammond is pretty versatile but I could definitely see he and White complementing each other well in the backfield.
Assuming we landed White, I'd be perfectly fine with Hammond starting out at TB, and signing no other TB'S in this class. In fact if we inked White the only way I'd sign another TB is if his name was Whaley.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!