Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ticket Release Question

Started by TheBigGriffkowski, January 21, 2018, 01:01:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigGriffkowski

So im in the USAF I've been stationed overseas for the past 4 years. Im taking a good month of leave and im hoping to surprise my dad this year with some fantastic tickets to the game. He's never been to a Hog game in Fayetteville. Im just wondering when tickets get released for purchase, and if there are any tricks to getting the "Good Seats".

Looking at the LSU game on November 10th.

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if im listing this in the wrong place.

#WPS

ricepig

It will be summer before any single game season tickets to on sale, maybe even August. They will try to sell season ticket packages until about the start of school or so. Your best bet will be to keep an eye on the Ticket Forum. Once people get the season ticket renewals they'll post what tickets they don't want, or you can post asking for tickets to the particular game you're interested in.

TheBigGriffkowski

Quote from: ricepig on January 21, 2018, 01:21:26 pm
It will be summer before any single game season tickets to on sale, maybe even August. They will try to sell season ticket packages until about the start of school or so. Your best bet will be to keep an eye on the Ticket Forum. Once people get the season ticket renewals they'll post what tickets they don't want, or you can post asking for tickets to the particular game you're interested in.

Thanks ricepig!

Tejano Jawg

Also, Stubhub will have a few. Unless we're undefeated at that point, they should be reasonable. Lowers might be over face value a little, but worth it since you can pick your spot.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

HogtoberFest

Any single game tickets release will be upper deck. Probably corners or back rows. For good seats, you'll need to find someone with season tickets or go the stub Hub route.

Some will tell you that you can find good seats from folks selling outside the stadium, which is true in most cases. But if I were taking my dad to his first game, I wouldn't risk it.

Oklahawg

Repost again once the season is here. You'll find a HV poster who has two tickets and won't scalp them. Might even throw in their parking pass to boot!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.