Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is a paid leave of absence an option..

Started by SquidBilly, November 19, 2017, 07:57:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SquidBilly

November 19, 2017, 07:57:53 pm Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:03:25 am by Bret Squealema
Could we force Bielema's hand by putting him on a paid leave of absence until January?  We would relieve him of his duties as HC but would still continue to pay his salary.  He could have no contact with the football program.  I'm no lawyer so I don't know if something like this would even be legal to do, but if it were it's time to do it.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 19, 2017, 07:57:53 pm
Could we force Buelema's hand by putting him on a paid leave of absence until January?  We would relieve him of his duties as HC but would still continue to pay his salary.  He could have no contact with the football program.  I'm no lawyer so I don't know if something like this would even be legal to do, but if it were it's time to do it.

What would be the benefit of this? Who would recruit? That is a long time without anyone recruiting just before signing day the next month. May be better to just terminate the contract and let the new guy start his tenure.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

26.2Hog

No, if you mean hiring a new HC prior to Jan. 1.  I believe there is a state law that prevents paying two people from doing the same job. 

SquidBilly

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 19, 2017, 08:00:31 pm
What would be the benefit of this? Who would recruit? That is a long time without anyone recruiting just before signing day the next month. May be better to just terminate the contract and let the new guy start his tenure.

You really think he and his coaches will be doing much recruiting when they know they're gone, and to be honest I don't think we'd want them to.

Bkhardicars

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 19, 2017, 08:08:16 pm
You really think he and his coaches will be doing much recruiting when they know they're gone, and to be honest I don't think we'd want them to.
Exactly..What would be the purpose?

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 19, 2017, 08:08:16 pm

No that is why we need to move onto the next guy.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Could we force Buelema's hand by putting him on a paid leave of absence until January?  We would relieve him of his duties as HC but would still continue to pay his salary.  He could have no contact with the football program.  I'm no lawyer so I don't know if something like this would even be legal to do, but if it were it's time to do it.

You mean get paid while not doing anything?  Well, what's the difference in that and his current situation?
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Athog

Why??

STLHogFan

Who is Buelema?  To quote Forrest Gump, "Are you stupid or something?"
BEVO - It's what's for dinner.

moses_007

READ HIS CONTRACT.  It clearly states he is Head Football Coach of the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, until his termination. (either by his own resignation, or for cause or convenience by the U of A.)

That said, he either has to be fired after the last game, or they just do nothing until Jan. 1 in order to save some of the buyout.

SquidBilly

Quote from: STLHogFan on November 20, 2017, 12:17:18 am
Who is Buelema?  To quote Forrest Gump, "Are you stupid or something?"

Nice, I was typing on a phone and made one spelling mistake.  Sorry that ruined your day but I have corrected so that you can sleep better at night.

SquidBilly

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 19, 2017, 09:45:21 pm
You mean get paid while not doing anything?  Well, what's the difference in that and his current situation?

The difference is he'd be doing nothing with no access to the team.  Who knows without him on the sideline we might keep the Missouri game competitive and have more fans show up in support.

Athog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 19, 2017, 09:45:21 pm

Well obiviously I hope you are only kidding and not that stupid!!

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: Athog on November 20, 2017, 10:41:36 am
Well obiviously I hope you are only kidding and not that stupid!!

OBIVIOUSLY, you have the brass to call people stupid on a message board.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.