Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The New AD is a done deal

Started by Porked Tongue, November 16, 2017, 05:21:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BoogaHog

online-with-swine

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 19, 2017, 08:43:35 pm
From an AD perspective, we are not getting "played".

Coach is another matter.

Nightmare scenario is waiting out Gus only to be left without a coach after Christmas.  And Gus with a nice big raise.

WilsonHog

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 20, 2017, 08:50:05 am
Nightmare scenario is waiting out Gus only to be left without a coach after Christmas.  And Gus with a nice big raise.

I just don't see that happening. I still think we'll introduce our new coach during the week of December 4th.

The NewEra

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2017, 09:03:02 pm
Been played, moved on from what I hear.

If Sexton is as great as I hear, he will already have a new contract in hand and signed for Gus 'prior to the Iron Bowl".  I wouldn't doubt it's already been done.

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 20, 2017, 08:18:34 am
The BOT is planning on sneaking in Jim Lindsey as AD....  bank it...

Jim Lindsey doesn't even know his own name anymore...

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on November 20, 2017, 09:11:01 am
Jim Lindsey doesn't even know his own name anymore...
You're correct.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

SquidBilly

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 16, 2017, 05:21:26 pm
Likely announced as early as Monday.

Name won't be a stunner.

You still holding to this Porked?  Would love to get an announcement on the AD today.  Still thinking Scanlon?

ricepig

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 08:52:38 am
I just don't see that happening. I still think we'll introduce our new coach during the week of December 4th.

Hopefully on Dec 4th.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 20, 2017, 09:42:18 am
You still holding to this Porked?  Would love to get an announcement on the AD today.  Still thinking Scanlon?

Some who seem knowledgable say this thing is all but wrapped up, or at least suggest there is one clear frontrunner. 

Others who also seem knowledgable (Bo and Schap, but still) speak of a search committee and a national AD search, and only God knows how long that would take.

I can't imagine we'd spend the next month looking for an AD considering the current state of the football program.  And while I guess it's possible to hire a coach without a permanent AD, I don't know that doing so would be the ideal approach.

For sake of all that is good, I hope the powers that be know what they're doing and have both a plan and a couple of backup plans.  Or this is quite the cluster.

moses_007

ur

Sean Rochelle as AD and Scott Varady as ED of RF would be a good combo also.

WalHog2018

This is too long of a thread to read completely now. Anyone have an update on when we will hear something?

Hoggish1

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Mr Jade

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 20, 2017, 10:11:18 am
This is too long of a thread to read completely now. Anyone have an update on when we will hear something?

Today was thrown around. I don't know if that is still holding.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

elkhog

Quote from: mj4president on November 19, 2017, 08:55:12 pm
Gus isn't playing us, done deal. Bobby to Auburn from what I'm hearing.

Bobby to Auburn?  If true, wow.  Will sure be interesting to watch the Espn reactions to that!
Will it be positive for Auburn or negative like it was for the Hogs?
I already know.  It will be a positive spin.  Auburn deserves a great coach, we obviously did not know our place.

GO HOGS!!!

ur

Quote from: mj4president on November 19, 2017, 08:55:12 pm
Gus isn't playing us, done deal. Bobby to Auburn from what I'm hearing.
I called that play Chuck! LOL  Like I posted several days ago, if steele stays at aub and with that defense and BP with that qb and those RBs, that will be a pretty salty team.

ricepig

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 20, 2017, 01:41:25 pm
So we haven't even started the AD search yet? hmmm....

That's code for the first guy didn't take it, or.......The GOBN hasn't told us who they hired........take you pick.

porkrindjimmy

Are we supposed to have a presser for our new AD today?

PRJ

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: OtterHog™ on November 20, 2017, 01:41:25 pm
So we haven't even started the AD search yet? hmmm....
If we are to believe that article, then no. I'm not sure that I buy that though.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: moses_007 on November 19, 2017, 11:11:35 pm
Well if there is no presser tomorrow it probably isn't Tommy T, Scanlon or any of the other Arkansas names being thrown around.

Were you really expecting a presser today? 
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 20, 2017, 01:54:44 pm
Are we supposed to have a presser for our new AD today?

PRJ

Presser is being held in the UofA tunnel system. Time is TBD.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

moses_007

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 20, 2017, 02:05:00 pm
Were you really expecting a presser today? 
Yes, and I expected to see _________ wearing a Hog hat.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 20, 2017, 01:55:50 pm
If we are to believe that article, then no. I'm not sure that I buy that though.

I don't want to believe that article, but I do.

OtterHog

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 20, 2017, 09:42:18 am

You're kidding right? The AD was NEVER going to be announced today. They can't announce who it is yet because they have no idea who it will be.

The Hawg Marshal

OtterHog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 20, 2017, 02:18:51 pm
Spill it!lol

Oh I don't have any info at the moment, just things like this are what make people laugh Hogville off when it could be a place for good info.

tomw

a resounding NO on nutt...id burn all my cardinal and white if that happened...his ego is bigger then the university

Perennial 8-4 Team

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on November 20, 2017, 09:57:31 am
Some who seem knowledgable say this thing is all but wrapped up, or at least suggest there is one clear frontrunner. 

Others who also seem knowledgable (Bo and Schap, but still) speak of a search committee and a national AD search, and only God knows how long that would take.

I can't imagine we'd spend the next month looking for an AD considering the current state of the football program.  And while I guess it's possible to hire a coach without a permanent AD, I don't know that doing so would be the ideal approach.

For sake of all that is good, I hope the powers that be know what they're doing and have both a plan and a couple of backup plans.  Or this is quite the cluster.

It is a cluster. There was no plan in place when they fired Long. They were never going to name a new AD today. Gus Malzahn is not nor was he ever told the job was his if he wants it. He isn't going to be the next coach here and never was going to be. The next AD is going to be someone that this BOT and chancellor can push around and if that is a guy with Arkansas ties all the better but don't count on it. We are going to get screwed on the next coaching hire because in the midst of an almost unpresedented number of high profile job openings WE have no AD in place and so hiring a quality coach,  while not completely impossible, is highly improbable. So we are looking down the barrel of a likely coaching search with no AD candidate in sight If as expected we fire Bielema after the MIzzou game, which despite what a lot of people are telling you isn't a 100% guarantee. There are scenarios in which we may very well end up with Bielema again next year. If you don't think this is an enormous mess you have more trust in the BOT and the money folks who pull strings at the U of A than you should, given their history. 

cjack

Woooo Pig Soooie!

WilsonHog

There is a justifiable reason for waiting, even if the new AD is known.

MAGA45

Grude afternoon everybody, pay attention to the tie tonight on MNF.   #sources #grumors
Fake News

Porked Tongue

Though it might not be announced today, the same person is still going to get hired.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 20, 2017, 02:36:10 pm
It is a cluster. There was no plan in place when they fired Long. They were never going to name a new AD today. Gus Malzahn is not nor was he ever told the job was his if he wants it. He isn't going to be the next coach here and never was going to be. The next AD is going to be someone that this BOT and chancellor can push around and if that is a guy with Arkansas ties all the better but don't count on it. We are going to get screwed on the next coaching hire because in the midst of an almost unpresedented number of high profile job openings WE have no AD in place and so hiring a quality coach,  while not completely impossible, is highly improbable. So we are looking down the barrel of a likely coaching search with no AD candidate in sight If as expected we fire Bielema after the MIzzou game, which despite what a lot of people are telling you isn't a 100% guarantee. There are scenarios in which we may very well end up with Bielema again next year. If you don't think this is an enormous mess you have more trust in the BOT and the money folks who pull strings at the U of A than you should, given their history. 

Wrong on almost every point.......absolutely wrong....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

livevanguy

Quote from: moses_007 on November 20, 2017, 10:00:56 am
Is he senile?
Doubt it. I watched him publically explain that he believed the Fowler House should have been named for one of his grandkids even though the Fowler Family had paid for most(if not all) of the renovations. (also he said this in front of the Fowler Family) The man ain't all there anymore.
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 02:37:44 pm
There is a justifiable reason for waiting, even if the new AD is known.
You know how in baseball you don't bring in a relief pitcher to intentionally walk a batter? (Back when you had to throw the pitches). I wonder if this is like that, get the dirty work over before you bring in the new person.

rhames

Yeah don't make the new guy fire Bret.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Tusks

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 20, 2017, 02:46:13 pm
Though it might not be announced today, the same person is still going to get hired.

then why say you're going to have a committee ?  make a press statement that says, I'm/we're looking.  get out in front and control the narrative
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hobhog

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 20, 2017, 02:36:10 pm

Wow......

HF#1

Quote from: tusked on November 20, 2017, 03:02:40 pm
then why say you're going to have a committee ?  make a press statement that says, I'm/we're looking.  get out in front and control the narrative

Appearances... Have to make folks think you are doing your due diligence.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

rljjr

Quote from: Perennial 8-4 Team on November 20, 2017, 02:29:16 pm
Varady

I guess I don't know who Scott Varady is. I thought he was just a lawyer. Seems to me that's not the kind of guy you want running your athletic department. But hey, I'm a simple Razorback grad, what do I know?

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 20, 2017, 02:53:12 pm
Wrong on almost every point.......absolutely wrong....

I wish that were true, I really do.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Karma on November 20, 2017, 02:57:37 pm
You know how in baseball you don't bring in a relief pitcher to intentionally walk a batter? (Back when you had to throw the pitches). I wonder if this is like that, get the dirty work over before you bring in the new person.

This seems likely. Steinmetz fires Bielema after the Mizzou game (probably Saturday), announces the new AD after a couple of days (hopefully Monday). The preferred coach (Malzahn or Norvell if you believe Hogville's sources) gets to lead his current team in a conference championship game on the following Saturday and is announced a day or two after that by the new AD. All of the conversations and deal-making is happening all the while. The big X-factor is whether Malzahn wins out, is playing us for a raise, or both.

WilsonHog

I understand that Arkansas fans want to know who our new AD is going to be, but we don't "need" to know.

The only person who needs to know in the coming weeks is the agent(s) of the coaches we are talking to. We likely won't announce Bielema's departure for another five to seven days, at the earliest. We're not going to do that one day and announce our new coach the next. If Norvell is the guy, he can't be announced until the week of December 4th.

Let Bielema and the team get through Senior Day and finish the season on Friday, then if it looks like Bret doesn't have another job lined up Cromer-Peoples can make the announcement of a change by the middle or end of next week. When the negotiation with his successor proceeds far enough, let that coach know who the next AD is going to be just to give them a comfort level about who they will be working for. Announce the next AD by mid-December, with a start date of January 1. Gives Cromer-Peoples a few weeks in the AD's chair and allows our next AD to celebrate the Holidays without jumping into the job with both feet.