Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Emily Litella issues an apology...

Started by 56Hog, July 21, 2010, 07:12:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

56Hog

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2010/07/21/nutt-rodney-scott-punched-the-wrong guy
Nutt: Rodney Scott punched the wrong guy

OXFORD — Turns out Rodney Scott punched the wrong guy.

Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt called me this afternoon to say he wanted to apologize to Elmer L. Johnson, who was arrested along with Scott in front of the Turner Center for disturbing the peace after an on-campus fight. Scott apparently thought Johnson had "keyed" his car, which is when somebody scratches up a car's paint job with his keys.

"Rodney went after the wrong guy," Nutt said. "And I just wanted to apologize to Elmer, who is a really good guy. This shouldn't have happened to him. He's been ripped up by people on message boards and on campus and that shouldn't have happened to him."

So, is Scott going to apologize to Johnson too?

"If he hasn't," Nutt said. "He's about to."

Nutt said this could change the discipline Scott receives. Initially, Nutt didn't say Scott would be punished at all. The sophomore is one of three running backs fighting for the starting job this fall.

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill