Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Courtney Ramey

Started by GrizzlyRider07, September 27, 2017, 01:19:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyRider07

4-Star PG we were on pretty hard that visited us twice but committed to Louisville just decommitted from them amid the FBI case. Wonder how this will end up playing out.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Hawg Red

Yep, but I bet it doesn't involve the Hogs since we have Embery on board.

GrizzlyRider07

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 27, 2017, 01:22:24 pm
Yep, but I bet it doesn't involve the Hogs since we have Embery on board.

Ahh yes this is very true. Forgot already so soon lol I guess that's just me being selfish wanting every top player we were on the come to Arkansas.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

mizzouman

Unfortunately, I wouldn't touch any of these decommitts.  Yes, they probably had nothing to do with any of this, but still, now days, how can you tell?

mizzouman

Quote from: mizzouman on September 27, 2017, 01:33:55 pm
Unfortunately, I wouldn't touch any of these decommitts.  Yes, they probably had nothing to do with any of this, but still, now days, how can you tell?

This being said, I hear Ramey comes from a great family and would be surprised if he's caught up in any of this.

Kevin McPherson

Missouri is thought to be a logical contender for Ramey ... does that change your thinking?

The_Iceman

We don't need Ramey. Need to focus on PF/C.

ShadowHawg

Your current coach's recruiting prowess has always seemed odd to me.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 27, 2017, 01:54:31 pm
Your current coach's recruiting prowess has always seemed odd to me.

I'll come out and say it, he is a CHEATER!

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

mizzouman

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on September 27, 2017, 01:42:01 pm
Missouri is thought to be a logical contender for Ramey ... does that change your thinking?
Not going to Mizzou but to answer your question, read what I said. Ramey comes from a great family so I don't think he's involved in any scandal. I'm particular talking about Bowen and others.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: mizzouman on September 27, 2017, 06:35:25 pm
Not going to Mizzou but to answer your question, read what I said. Ramey comes from a great family so I don't think he's involved in any scandal. I'm particular talking about Bowen and others.

I did read what you said, but let's read it again together, specifically the part I've bolded below ...

Yes, you clarified that you don't think the players themselves had anything to do with the mess, and you clarified that Ramey comes from a good family, but you also said you "wouldn't touch any of these decommitts" ... I'm simply asking if you thought Missouri was a player for Ramey -- which I've heard could be the case -- does that change your thinking on being more open to pursuing him?

Was just curious and not picking on you, because in general fans tend to "relax" their opinions if their school can sneak in and get a kid in circumstances where the original commitment fell apart (for whatever reason).

HardingHog

Ramey is very talented and I'd say more of a point guard who can score at every level. I'd love to have him, we don't really need another guard in this class. I'm not sure where he'll end up. His highly ranked high school teammate Carteare Gordon is committed to SLU, but they weren't in his list of top schools. During his recruiting process it felt like Louisville and then everyone else, so I'm curious to see where he ends up

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: HardingHog on September 27, 2017, 09:35:14 pm
Ramey is very talented and I'd say more of a point guard who can score at every level. I'd love to have him, we don't really need another guard in this class. I'm not sure where he'll end up. His highly ranked high school teammate Carteare Gordon is committed to SLU, but they weren't in his list of top schools. During his recruiting process it felt like Louisville and then everyone else, so I'm curious to see where he ends up
I could see him going to Iowa State.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

MakingPlays

Ramey just got a couple of Crystal Ball picks to Mizzou.

The_Iceman

Quote from: MakingPlays on September 28, 2017, 12:41:17 am
Ramey just got a couple of Crystal Ball picks to Mizzou.

Surprised if Mizzou lands anyone here in the coming months. I'm sure their cheating will be at a minimum with the heat nationally.

mizzouman

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on September 27, 2017, 07:00:07 pm
I did read what you said, but let's read it again together, specifically the part I've bolded below ...

Yes, you clarified that you don't think the players themselves had anything to do with the mess, and you clarified that Ramey comes from a good family, but you also said you "wouldn't touch any of these decommitts" ... I'm simply asking if you thought Missouri was a player for Ramey -- which I've heard could be the case -- does that change your thinking on being more open to pursuing him?

Was just curious and not picking on you, because in general fans tend to "relax" their opinions if their school can sneak in and get a kid in circumstances where the original commitment fell apart (for whatever reason).
We're talking two different things.

Ramey, specifically, from what I'm hearing, is a great kid from a great family who I don't believe is caught up in this.  So, yes, I would go after him.

But, the Brian Bowens and Colin Sexton's and others in the 2018 that have committed, I would do extra homework on these guys before I even pick up a phone to call them.

mizzouman

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 28, 2017, 08:52:29 am
Surprised if Mizzou lands anyone here in the coming months. I'm sure their cheating will be at a minimum with the heat nationally.
Cheating?  How? 

mizzouman

Quote from: mizzouman on September 28, 2017, 09:18:44 am
Cheating?  How?  Have you seen our record over the last 3 years?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: mizzouman on September 28, 2017, 09:17:54 am
We're talking two different things.

Ramey, specifically, from what I'm hearing, is a great kid from a great family who I don't believe is caught up in this.  So, yes, I would go after him.

But, the Brian Bowens and Colin Sexton's and others in the 2018 that have committed, I would do extra homework on these guys before I even pick up a phone to call them.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

mhuff

September 28, 2017, 09:55:23 am #20 Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:28:31 am by mhuff
I believe that many people consider hiring a coach so his 5* sons will sign with the same school is cheating . Actually imho that is cheating. To me it is a conflict of interest and should not be allowed. It is a payment to get players. If you disallow that practice, it solves that problem. Auburn should have been brought to task for giving money to Cam Newton's father's church. Last but not least the NCAA should be dissolved if they are going to be a governing organization that does token efforts to stop cheating schools. Establish a new organization that has some teeth and actually performs a policing function. Establish an organization that does not turn a jaundiced eye towards the cash cows that are getting away with everything.

yraciv

Quote from: mhuff on September 28, 2017, 09:55:23 am
I believe that many people consider hiring a coach so his 5* sons will sign with the same school is cheating . Actually imho that is cheating. To me it is a conflict of interest and should not be allowed. It is a payment to get players. If you disallow that practice, it solves that problem. Auburn should have been brought to task for giving money to Cam Newton's father's church. Last but not least the NCAA should be dissolved if they are going to be a governing organization that does token efforts to stop cheating schools. Establish a new organization that has some teeth and actually performs a policing function. Establish an organization that does not turn a jaundiced eye towards the cash cows that are getting away with everything.

Per NCAA rules and regulations, that is not considered cheating. That is part of the game.

mizzouman

mizzouman

Quote from: mhuff on September 28, 2017, 09:55:23 am
If you are referring to the Porters, you might want to do some homework before go down that route. 

mhuff

Personally think the Porters and Ramseys are good people ; I said that I considered hiring a coach and his two sons immediately going to the same school is buying players. That the NCAA would allow it is what stinks. It takes the FBI to straighten out college basketball.  Any school that offers incentives other than a scholarship and laundry expenses etc. or nominal things like college sportswear should be prosecuted . It is the winking at practices that are wrong by the NCAA that has brought us to this point.
I hope all the guilty are punished.

mizzouman

Quote from: mhuff on September 28, 2017, 03:06:16 pm
Personally think the Porters and Ramseys are good people ; I said that I considered hiring a coach and his two sons immediately going to the same school is buying players. That the NCAA would allow it is what stinks. It takes the FBI to straighten out college basketball.  Any school that offers incentives other than a scholarship and laundry expenses etc. or nominal things like college sportswear should be prosecuted . It is the winking at practices that are wrong by the NCAA that has brought us to this point.
I hope all the guilty are punished.
Hmm, do you even know the story behind the Porters going to Mizzou?  That is, if you are referring to this particular case.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: mizzouman on September 28, 2017, 03:18:31 pm
Hmm, do you even know the story behind the Porters going to Mizzou?  That is, if you are referring to this particular case.
I wouldn't mind hearing it...
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

azhog10

Quote from: mizzouman on September 28, 2017, 02:25:17 pm
If you are referring to the Porters, you might want to do some homework before go down that route.
He did, Michael Porter Sr is a basketball coach that was hired around the same time his sons committed to Mizzou. It's also true that dad was a coach at Washington where one Porter was committed before Romar got fired. It's also true Porter used to coach at Mizzou for the womens team when his daughters were coming up and through the ranks. See a pattern? Oh and Romar hired Porter to his first ever true Assistant coaching job by making him the highest paid Assistant on the U of Washington staff......while his son was a junior in high school.

Again none of this sound fishy at all? You can't be serious about sons being the ONLY reason dad got a job. It was the ONLY reason he was named to Director of Ops of the womens team back when his daughters were in high school and ironically joined the same team.

mizzouman

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on September 28, 2017, 03:24:28 pm
I wouldn't mind hearing it...
The Porters moved to Columbia when MPS (Michael Porter Sr.) sister in law (Robin Pingeton) got the head coaching job at Mizzou.  They may have moved there a year later.  Anyway, MPS became the assistant coach for the women's team and was for a few years.  Two daughters currently play for the women's team.  They consider Columbia home.

Now, when MPS got the assistant job at Washington, they all packed up and moved.  This was last year.

Now, mama Porter did not like Seattle.  In fact, was flying back and forth between there and Columbia A LOT and just wanted to move back.

Pingeton kept telling AD Sterk that the Porters wanted to move back to Columbia. 

The firing of Romar made the move back much easier.

Now, since Mizzou had a coaching change and Martin was looking for assistance and MPS was out of a job, that we just a perfect scenario for MPS to because asst at Mizzou.  They were going to live in Columbia regardless.  It just worked out, a perfect storm.

There's much, much more to it, but that's it I a nutshell.

The Porter family has 2 playing for the men's team and 2 playing for the women's, although, the oldest may not play this year due to another injury.  She's had a lot of knee issues.

So, it's not like there's no connection or anything like that.  This is not like the Larry Brown/Ed Manning deal where Brown hired Danny Manning's dad to get Danny and the dad never even coached basketball in his life.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/20170502/porter-family-reunion-in-columbia-portends-well-for-tigers

mizzouman

Quote from: azhog10 on September 28, 2017, 03:31:08 pm
He did, Michael Porter Sr is a basketball coach that was hired around the same time his sons committed to Mizzou. It's also true that dad was a coach at Washington where one Porter was committed before Romar got fired. It's also true Porter used to coach at Mizzou for the womens team when his daughters were coming up and through the ranks. See a pattern? Oh and Romar hired Porter to his first ever true Assistant coaching job by making him the highest paid Assistant on the U of Washington staff......while his son was a junior in high school.

Again none of this sound fishy at all? You can't be serious about sons being the ONLY reason dad got a job. It was the ONLY reason he was named to Director of Ops of the womens team back when his daughters were in high school and ironically joined the same team.
You don't get it and you may never get it.  That's OK.  I forgive you.

navyhog24

Quote from: mizzouman on September 28, 2017, 03:41:17 pm

azhog10

Quote from: mizzouman on September 28, 2017, 03:41:17 pm
Great comeback! Yeah I guess I just don't get it. Dad has pimped his kids out for years. It's widely known that he has made it clear that if a school hires him the kids will follow.

Not to mention nothing that I stated was false.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: azhog10 on September 28, 2017, 04:10:35 pm
Great comeback! Yeah I guess I just don't get it. Dad has pimped his kids out for years. It's widely known that he has made it clear that if a school hires him the kids will follow.

mhuff

Missouman, I knew everything that has been discussed here. It has been all said here before. I consider that all to be moot points. The point I made was I considered all the above to be conflicts of interest. An AAU coach or a parent or anyone who benefits from that kid going to a particular school should be a violation. You can't polish a turd with details.

Nothing against you Missouman. I have stood up for you more than once on this board. I consider you to be a valueable poster. Just voicing my opinion on something that has gone on for too long.

mizzouman

Quote from: azhog10 on September 28, 2017, 04:10:35 pm

You REALLY don't know what's going on with this family.  Again, I don't expect you to.  Have a great day.

mizzouman

Quote from: mhuff on September 28, 2017, 04:23:00 pm
Missouman, I knew everything that has been discussed here. It has been all said here before. I consider that all to be moot points. The point I made was I considered all the above to be conflicts of interest. An AAU coach or a parent or anyone who benefits from that kid going to a particular school should be a violation. You can't polish a turd with details.

Nothing against you Missouman. I have stood up for you more than once on this board. I consider you to be a valueable poster. Just voicing my opinion on something that has gone on for too long.
OK, but that's not the case HERE.

Are you saying Melvin Watkins kids can't play at Arkansas?  Are you saying that Mike Anderson's relatives cannot play at Arkansas?  Are you saying that ANY kid who has a parent coaching cannot play for his coach?  Are you saying that coach Pingeton's neices cannot play for her?

All this is obviously ridiculous especially when you think about the Porters and their SPECIFIC situation. 

azhog10

Quote from: mizzouman on September 28, 2017, 05:23:19 pm
You REALLY don't know what's going on with this family.  Again, I don't expect you to.  Have a great day.
I'm not talking about right now. I'm talking about what's been going on with this family for YEARS! I know what's came out of his mouth to a room of coaches at a club tournament and at a final four convention.......yeah I do.

mizzouman

Quote from: azhog10 on September 28, 2017, 05:35:48 pm
I'm not talking about right now. I'm talking about what's been going on with this family for YEARS! I know what's came out of his mouth to a room of coaches at a club tournament and at a final four convention.......yeah I do.
No, you really don't understand everything. Again, that's OK there's no reason for you to fully understand this situation.  Have a great day!!!

mhuff

I didn't stutter. I did not say relatives other than sons and daughters. But if you don't see what's wrong with it, you are misguided and are just rationalizing a wrong. Same rule for everyone stops people from benifittimg off the kid. They're just another bagman

HawgnCorona

Quote from: mizzouman on September 28, 2017, 05:28:28 pm
OK, but that's not the case HERE.

Are you saying Melvin Watkins kids can't play at Arkansas?  Are you saying that Mike Anderson's relatives cannot play at Arkansas?  Are you saying that ANY kid who has a parent coaching cannot play for his coach?  Are you saying that coach Pingeton's neices cannot play for her?

All this is obviously ridiculous especially when you think about the Porters and their SPECIFIC situation. 

But they where not given JOBS because they had kids that where talented athletes with NBA written all over them...When the parent  uses his/her kids for monetary gains, we call it PIMPIN' ... And no one need to know them personally to know whats is going.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

rzrbackramsfan

Would The porter dad be an assistant at Mizzou as an assistant if he didn't have kids that were really good at basketball?

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: mizzouman on September 28, 2017, 03:39:22 pm
The Porters moved to Columbia when MPS (Michael Porter Sr.) sister in law (Robin Pingeton) got the head coaching job at Mizzou.  They may have moved there a year later.  Anyway, MPS became the assistant coach for the women's team and was for a few years.  Two daughters currently play for the women's team.  They consider Columbia home.

Now, when MPS got the assistant job at Washington, they all packed up and moved.  This was last year.

Now, mama Porter did not like Seattle.  In fact, was flying back and forth between there and Columbia A LOT and just wanted to move back.

Pingeton kept telling AD Sterk that the Porters wanted to move back to Columbia. 

Now, since Mizzou had a coaching change and Martin was looking for assistance and MPS was out of a job, that we just a perfect scenario for MPS to because asst at Mizzou.  They were going to live in Columbia regardless.  It just worked out, a perfect storm.

The Porter family has 2 playing for the men's team and 2 playing for the women's, although, the oldest may not play this year due to another injury.  She's had a lot of knee issues.

So, it's not like there's no connection or anything like that.  This is not like the Larry Brown/Ed Manning deal where Brown hired Danny Manning's dad to get Danny and the dad never even coached basketball in his life.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/20170502/porter-family-reunion-in-columbia-portends-well-for-tigers
Thank you.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on September 28, 2017, 07:16:36 pm
Thank you.

Yo man, you keep bookmarking stuff and saying thank you for additional info, when are we gonna get an opinion from hog Swanson?

azhog10

Quote from: mizzouman on September 28, 2017, 03:39:22 pm

Again had Romar not been fired they'd still be at Washington so the homesick thing doesn't fly. Also MPS has been pushing himself and kids for a long time trying to get a job. As I said this goes back long before any of his kids attended Mizzou.

ShadowHawg

The Porters are literal guns for hire. Washington or Mizzou or both hired the dad to get the commitments of the sons.

Not illegal, but unethical in the classic sense of the word.

Amityvillehogger

Nothing to $ee here. $o let'$ move along.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

The_Iceman

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 28, 2017, 07:07:38 pm
Would The porter dad be an assistant at Mizzou as an assistant if he didn't have kids that were really good at basketball?

No. And that's the point.

mizzouman

Quote from: HawgnCorona on September 28, 2017, 07:01:04 pm
But they where not given JOBS because they had kids that where talented athletes with NBA written all over them...When the parent  uses his/her kids for monetary gains, we call it PIMPIN' ... And no one need to know them personally to know whats is going.
He got a job a Mizzou as an assistant basketball coach on the women's team first.  His boys were like in the 6th or 7th grade.  They liked football more at that time.  No on expected these kids to be this good.

Now, if you want to charge coach Pingeton with nepotism, then I can see that.  But to call this think 'PIMPIN' is out of line in this particular case.

mizzouman

Quote from: mhuff on September 28, 2017, 06:03:55 pm
I didn't stutter. I did not say relatives other than sons and daughters. But if you don't see what's wrong with it, you are misguided and are just rationalizing a wrong. Same rule for everyone stops people from benifittimg off the kid. They're just another bagman
Agree to disagree.  But please, know the family first.

Have a great rest of your day and weekend. 

mizzouman

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 28, 2017, 07:07:38 pm
Potentially, yes.  He was prior to the boys being good, albeit on the women's team.  But who knows?