Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pelphrey/Smith Youtube

Started by BENJAMINX, March 15, 2008, 11:25:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BENJAMINX

FaytownHog

that's what i've been waiting for, i hope someone puts it up!
Quote from: BENJAMINX on March 15, 2008, 11:25:08 pm
where's it at??

HoggintheLane

FaytownHog

Rsvlhog

I would like to see the video of Pelphrey and Smith jawing when he was standing on the side court waiting to check into the game. That was pretty funny too. I love Coach Pelphrey's fire and competitiveness. We made a great hire.
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

Razorbacks_77

Quote from: Rsvlhog on March 16, 2008, 12:06:30 am
I would like to see the video of Pelphrey and Smith jawing when he was standing on the side court waiting to check into the game. That was pretty funny too. I love Coach Pelphrey's fire and competitiveness. We made a great hire.
At what point was this? Gotta see it! I love Pel!

Doggtown31LCC

did coach pel just drop the F Bomb?
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas

HeyBC

So do you guys really think it's appropriate for a head coach to tell a player to "shut the **** up"?

Seems a bit immature to me. Congrats on the win, by the way.

SPAL

if john brady had done this to one of our players, this place would be ready to burn his house down...however,.....

Rsvlhog

March 16, 2008, 12:52:25 am #10 Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 12:56:49 am by Rsvlhog
Quote from: Razorbacks_77 on March 16, 2008, 12:39:43 am
At what point was this? Gotta see it! I love Pel!

I'm not for sure. It was sometime in the first half before the clip above. The announcers were commenting on the jawing that was going on. The guy was standing on the side waiting to go in and him and Pel was talking back and forth and ole Pel had that crazed look in his eyes. Good stuff.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 12:46:31 am
So do you guys really think it's appropriate for a head coach to tell a player to "shut the **** up"?
YES!!!!!!!!!

idiotghos

Anything goes with the creatures from the orange lagoon.

Hogs_fan_for_life

Pel has a firey personality and the players feed off that. If he wants to drop a F bomb on the court go ahead, the refs didn't seem to care and the players cuss all the time.

Special Delivery Jones

The above Brady analogy was exactly what I was thinking when I saw it happen.  I said to myself.   Self they will all be saying he has fire and is intense.  Now just remember that the next time some idiot coach is cursing one our players.  It is either good for all or none.  Some things are as easy as predicting the days of the week.

L.A.

Haha that was absolutely hilarious.  I loved his facial expression.  He looked to be in complete discust!

Razor6

For a player to instigate this to a head coach only implies that the athlete is receiving endorsement from his own head coach that "this is okay"... Pearl doesn't have control of his players or enjoys Thug U with the brothas
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

greasy_corner

Pels curses are the best evah.  I hope he coaches long and hard. 

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Doggtown31LCC on March 16, 2008, 12:46:14 am
did coach pel just drop the F Bomb?

No. 

He would never do such a thing.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Hogcalla

HoundHog

Even before Smith hit the three and stared at Pel, they showed them jawing at each other. I wish they would tell what was said in that exchange.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Tejano Jawg

Pretty funny. But on the slow-mo, they should have done a voice enhancement—Shhhuttttttt thhhheee fffuuu@@% uuuupppppp.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Lando Calrissian

S         T               F           U!

hogsailor

He is still as much of a player as he is a coach.

Should he say it to a player, probably not.

Do I blame him, Hell no!!! 

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

Atreyu

He told him what he needed to do. He was helping out Tennessee by coaching their convi--erm, players.
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

HeyBC

So you guys mostly seem to think UT's players are thugs. Why is that?

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 01:33:23 am

they play like thugs, go to your ghetto's in tenn. this is what basically tenn. is and you will know why we think they are thugs btw tell smith to STFU

Hollywood_HOGan45

because they are

HeyBC

You really think Chris Lofton is a thug? Tyler Smith? Come on.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 01:49:35 am

Are you a thug?

Hollywood_HOGan45

well if the shoe fits.......

HeyBC

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on March 16, 2008, 01:51:16 am
well if the shoe fits.......

I guess you don't look at things outside of the Arkansas world very often. Those are high quality guys and definitely not the only two quality guys on the team.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 01:59:06 am
I guess you don't look at things outside of the Arkansas world very often. Those are high quality guys and definitely not the only two quality guys on the team.

im glad you told that to someone else because i have been all over the world and i know thugs when i see them and ur team has alot of thugs

rightdp

Chris Lofton is simply one of the best shooters I have ever seen.  Helluva basketball player.  Smith is not so bad either but yes, he was acting like a thug tonight.  He needed to do exactly what Pelphrey told him to...

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: HeyBC on March 16, 2008, 01:59:06 am

So why are they staring down the opposing team's coach?

I am glad they took Pelphery's advice though, by STFU'ing.

hawaiianhogster

Not during an intense game. If anything the player should have been ejected for pissing him off or given a technical. Lucky Pell never "B" slapped him. Maybe one of the bench warmers should've done it for him. No need letting some punk in orange to get away with talking smack no matter how it looks. The best thing about it was they got beat by one of our worst shooters.

Atreyu

I think it originates from Tennessee's football team the past 2 years or so.
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

Rsvlhog

Pelphrey is just an intense dude on the court just as he was as a player.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/215952/

RedSatinHog

Quote from: Hogs_fan_for_life on March 16, 2008, 12:55:56 am
Pel has a firey personality and the players feed off that. If he wants to drop a F bomb on the court go ahead, the refs didn't seem to care and the players cuss all the time.

Yeah, like when Brian Williams fouled out.  He dropped the f-bomb in front of and directed at the official who whistled him for #5, and not a thing was done about it.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Dirty

Just for that

STFU!

hogs25

PorkBrainz

Pel and the guys definately SHUT THEM UP! Steven Hill's one and only shot
Shut Them UP!!! WPS!!!!!

Go PEL!! Go Hogs!!
Go Hogs!

Hoggish1

Quote from: HoggintheLane on March 15, 2008, 11:41:42 pm
Someone posted it in one of the other threads, but here it is:

http://www.sportshareonline.com/view/1020/john-pelphry-stfu/

WPS!! That was great.  Just freakin' GREAT! Smith got his asz kicked!

Hoggish1

So, do you think it's appropriate for a player to stare down a great coach?  He had it comin' to him and I guess Smith won't be shooting off his mouth when next he plays Arkansas.

vol_in_ar

Well it worked out for Pel, since he won

I wonder if the attitude would have been different if you lost

Speaking of Thug U

Let's see
You've got beverly who was accused by his baby's mother, of accepting cash from an agent, and she wanted some of it for child support

Thomas beat up his girlfriend

Then last week, a former player was arrested in Fayetteville, for drugs and weapons, and he was on the National Championship team

So that looks like there's a long history of troubled players at Arkansas

Hoggish1

Because that's what they are.  And any thug player that tries to get in Pel's face is going to be told to STFU!  It seems to be the only thing a thug player understands.  Get my drift?

Lanny

STFU
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Hoggish1

Well, Chris Lofton is the only non-thug on your team.  By the way, your coach is the head thug.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 16, 2008, 07:45:53 am
Well it worked out for Pel, since he won

I wonder if the attitude would have been different if you lost

Speaking of Thug U

Let's see
You've got beverly who was accused by his baby's mother, of accepting cash from an agent, and she wanted some of it for child support

Thomas beat up his girlfriend

Then last week, a former player was arrested in Fayetteville, for drugs and weapons, and he was on the National Championship team

So that looks like there's a long history of troubled players at Arkansas

STFU! FREAKIN STEVEN HILL TOLD THUG U TO STFU MUHAHAHA