Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida Georgia Line

Started by jbcarol, June 24, 2021, 11:12:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Phil Steele finally explains why he's got Georgia as the team to beat in the SEC East this season

Quote"Florida, they only get three SEC home games, they draw Alabama and LSU. And it's not last year's LSU they're drawing. It's this year's LSU they're drawing and they've got to play them in Baton Rouge.

"They also draw a couple of other tough games like Georgia at a neutral site. Florida's in a little bit of a rebuilding mode with only five starters back (on offense) and five on defense. But they are the number two team in the east."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Previewing Georgia's defense in 2021 http://dlvr.it/S2jGrz

QuoteWe know what we'll get from the run defense, and, despite losing Ojulari, getting to the quarterback shouldn't be an issue. The secondary was the biggest concern, but Smart's work in acquiring experienced, talented players to plug holes improves its fortunes going into 2021.

That should help this entire unit take a step forward this coming season, and if it can pass an early test against Clemson, things look very good...

jbcarol

Previewing Florida's defense in 2021 http://dlvr.it/S2d9sR

QuoteWhen people ask me why Todd Grantham wasn't replaced by Dan Mullen this winter, I usually offer two words: past results.

Mullen is known for being loyal, to the point where more cynical fans (they call themselves "more honest") call him stubborn to a fault. There is a kernel of truth to that criticism —

Gators have actually recruited slightly better on defense than offense in the Mullen era, and only Alabama and Georgia have more blue chips on defense than the Gators entering 2021. The talent — and a desperate staff —