Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RM/Jets?

Started by hoggusamoungus, February 12, 2015, 04:43:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

checkraiser88

Jets have some promising potential. I wouldn't mind it at all. I think he will somehow be the backup again if he comes back to the Texans.

Smalltownhog95

Upon hearing rumors of going to the jets, Mallet officially retires saying "better safe than sorry"  ;D
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on February 12, 2015, 06:29:44 pm
Upon hearing rumors of going to the jets, Mallet officially retires saying "better safe than sorry"  ;D

lol.  Yeah. He might want to be a back up again some where else than go to the Jets. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

PORKULATOR

J-E-T-S
JetsJetsJets

I hope he does.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Cave City Joe

I think he stays at Houston
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

Buffhog

Anywhere but the Jets

SwineGrind

seasonhog

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on February 12, 2015, 04:43:09 pm
http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/2/12/8023599/ryan-mallett-potential-jets

If his arm is sound.....[ does anyone know ? }...he will be offered a contract with Houston.

If Houston is smart, they will name Ryan as their starting QB.

The Jets rumor might cost Houston more money......at this time they don't have a lot of cap room.

la20688

I think Houston us a good fit for him. Close to home, good running back, solid receivers.
Mallet looked pretty solid before he got hurt. If he can have a good camp and stay healthy, he has a chance to have a good year there.

Pork Twain

Quote from: seasonhog on February 12, 2015, 10:23:32 pm

If his arm is sound.....[ does anyone know ? }...he will be offered a contract with Houston.

If Houston is smart, they will name Ryan as their starting QB.

The Jets rumor might cost Houston more money......at this time they don't have a lot of cap room.

I think it is a little premature to make statements such as that.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: la20688 on February 12, 2015, 11:45:01 pm
I think Houston us a good fit for him. Close to home, good running back, solid receivers.
Mallet looked pretty solid before he got hurt. If he can have a good camp and stay healthy, he has a chance to have a good year there.

Which RB?  Arian foster?   He is starting to become injury prone.   And the second part in what you said might be why he doesn't get the starting job and that is can he stay healthy.   

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 13, 2015, 06:23:13 am
Which RB?  Arian foster?   He is starting to become injury prone.   And the second part in what you said might be why he doesn't get the starting job and that is can he stay healthy.   

Yeah.. But Alfred Blue looked pretty dang good when Arian was out. And HOU has a laundry list of solid, young WRs too.
ched come back pls

HiggiePiggy

It also helps that Houston only has the colts in their division that are any good right now. Problem though is malletts ability to stay on the field.  If he is healthy then keep him if he looks like he is going to be another vick(meaning injuries and never playing a full season) then get rid of him if you can get a good deal out of it. 

longpig

The Jets may be a good place for him, with Rex Ryan and his QB killing ways off to Buffalo.
Don't be scared, be smart.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: longpig on February 13, 2015, 10:45:57 am
The Jets may be a good place for him, with Rex Ryan and his QB killing ways off to Buffalo.

Wasn't really all Rex as the problem.  He did take them to 2 Afc championship games.  The problem is that franchise.  They are a mess from the inside. 

bennyl08

In what world is Mallett injury prone? He's had one injury in his career so far, including Arkansas.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 13, 2015, 03:38:34 pm
In what world is Mallett injury prone? He's had one injury in his career so far, including Arkansas.

He got injured once at Arkansas also.  I believe he had some minor injuries as a back up with the patriots also. 

bennyl08

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 13, 2015, 05:15:13 pm
He got injured once at Arkansas also.  I believe he had some minor injuries as a back up with the patriots also.

Oh yeah, Tyler Wilson at Auburn says hello. Though that was a concussion. I don't remember any injuries while he was a backup, but then again, I didn't pay that much attention. As you said, they were minor injuries, nothing where he was unable to play and that they scrambled mid-season to sign another backup that I recall.

Nothing that I would label as somebody being injury prone. A la Locker or Bradford. By such standards, Brady is injury prone, having several small injuries (injury rate in the NFL is 100%) and missing almost an entire season.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HiggiePiggy

Well I never did actually say he was accident prone in my post anyway.   I said if he is going to be similar to Vick then they should trade him and try to get the most for him. If they feel he can stay healthy then they should keep him.  They have a great defense all they need is a QB that isn't going to cost them the game. 

clutch

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 13, 2015, 03:38:34 pm

I was wondering the same thing. He may be, but we sure wouldn't know it yet. The injury that he had was kind of a weird thing anyways. A torn pec, not really something that throws up a lot of red flags like an ACL or shoulder problem.

clutch

Quote from: SwineGrind on February 12, 2015, 10:01:15 pm
Fixed

He got a problem with the ponies?

Just messing with you. I know you meant Oakland.

RazorCraft

Saw today by Houston beat reporter that RM is expected to resign with Texans and be their starter.
This is a show-me world and I'm sick of talking!
CBP