Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not a bad thing having to hire both a RB coach and WR coach!

Started by rizzohoghead, February 11, 2015, 08:24:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rightdp

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 12, 2015, 08:40:51 am
Yes, they will. 

You have to remember this was the main crux of why Bielema left Wisconsin.  He wasn't able to retain his good coaches.  Long will not allow that to happen with Smith.
I know you have no reason to trust a random poster on a website but trust me, there will be no counter offer.  If LSU offers, he will be gone. 

Hawgzinbowlz

Coach Jim Chaney :
Born
January 12, 1962 (age 53)
Holden, Missouri
Alma mater
Central Missouri
Playing career :
1980–1983-Central Missouri
Position(s)-Nose tackle

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1985–1992-Cal State Fullerton (assistant)
1993–1994-Wyoming (GA)
1995–1996-Wyoming (OL/RC)
1997–2005-Purdue (OC)
2006–2007-St. Louis Rams (assistant OL)
2008-St. Louis Rams (TE)
2009–2012-Tennessee (OC)
2012-Tennessee (interim HC)
2013–2014-Arkansas (OC/QB)
2015–present-Pittsburgh (OC/QB)

Coach Jim Chaney was a nose tackle in college and Arkansas was his first QB coaching job.
Comparing Coach Dan Enos time as a D-1 QB at Michigan State and his extensive experience as a QB position/development coach to Jim Chaney's experience as a nose tackle and first time  QB coach at Arkansas is like comparing night and day.
I'll take experience any day of the week, over entry level rookies.

" GO HOGS "

hogcard1964

Quote from: rightdp on February 12, 2015, 08:47:13 am
I know you have no reason to trust a random poster on a website but trust me, there will be no counter offer.  If LSU offers, he will be gone.

Disagree

If it's "in the ballpark" it will be matched.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quit dancing with us, and say it. 

Edit:  Please  ;)

Scott7703

Don't think it comes to this. Don't see LSU offering.

Hawg Life

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 12, 2015, 09:07:10 am

He won't get offered, nor will he get interviewed. It's a long way from candidate to hired.

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 12, 2015, 09:07:10 am

Nope, not with the names presumably interviewing.

Hogwild

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 11, 2015, 08:31:00 pm
Is Smith leaving for sure?

According to New Orleans media this morning (radio station I was listening to)  Smith is in the mix but the top 2 choices are Bell from UGA and  Keenan McCardell.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 12, 2015, 09:02:30 am
Disagree

If it's "in the ballpark" it will be matched.

If Bielema wanted to give him more money, that would have been negotiated in his extension, which it wasn't. I don't think Bielema is forcing him out necessarily, but he obviously thinks he can upgrade at that position. Smith flirted with a&m, didn't get a raise. Long, drawn out discussion about his extension, still didn't get a raise. I don't think an LSU offer will get him one either.

Tim Harris

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 12, 2015, 11:32:11 am
If Bielema wanted to give him more money, that would have been negotiated in his extension, which it wasn't. I don't think Bielema is forcing him out necessarily, but he obviously thinks he can upgrade at that position. Smith flirted with a&m, didn't get a raise. Long, drawn out discussion about his extension, still didn't get a raise. I don't think an LSU offer will get him one either.

Have we seen the actual contract to know he didn't get a raise?

PorkRinds

Hogwild

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 12, 2015, 11:32:52 am

Yes, the newspapers reported that he signed a one year extension for $275,000 with a $40,000 buyout.   Is that a raise? I don't know what he made last year.

HawgTide

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 12, 2015, 11:32:11 am

Exactly. He was the last coach to get a new contract for a reason. If he leaves, he leaves. No big deal---good time to upgrade. We were looking for a coach when we hired him.

ricepig

Well, it was reported, but usually we get more definitive info.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Reported that his new contract was 275k, which is the same amount he made last year I'm pretty sure.

snoblind

Quote from: rightdp on February 11, 2015, 09:17:56 pm
:) I really wish I had one.  Did CBB really say he took all of the coaches?  I can't imagine him really saying that..  Cuz I oromise you.  Michael did not go on that trip to Michigan.

Who said he took all the coaches?  Poster said he brought them in on the interview.  You ever done a phone interview?  With all the options these days could have also done video. 

Always one of the amusing things on this board...  Watching folks get called out by someone requiring "proof' when the someone doesn't have any proof of the opposing viewpoint they are taking.