Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not a bad thing having to hire both a RB coach and WR coach!

Started by rizzohoghead, February 11, 2015, 08:24:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rizzohoghead

Just an observation, but I am sure Coach Enos has no problem with the fact that he as Offensive Coordinator will get a say in who the new offensive assistants will be..

ArmyOfnobunaga

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

jgphillips3

rizzohoghead

I would want the best coach I could have if I were a player. I Would also want that coach to be on the same page as my coordinator.

MissippHog

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 11, 2015, 08:26:48 pm
Im sure all 100ish players on the roster agree.
I wasn't aware that "all 100ish players on the roster" were coached by the WR and RB coaches.  Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

rizzohoghead

Players should first be sold on arkansas, then the head coach, and then there perspective coordinator, and then there position coach. Because coaching changes usually happen from the bottom up.

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: MissippHog on February 11, 2015, 08:32:57 pm
I wasn't aware that "all 100ish players on the roster" were coached by the WR and RB coaches.  Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Im sure its not a family atmosphere at all. Im sure the incoming recruits also share in the optimism of a potential 3 new coaches. Heck the players and new recruits must be absolutely giddy at the prospect of a new OC brining in a potential 2 new of his sort of guys....

I am sure you are correct. Nothing but positive from a near complete offensive side turnaround.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

rizzohoghead

My statements are from the coordinators perspective. I guess you don't know how these type of hirings usually go. Usually the head coach allows the coordinator to help hire his
assistants.

rizzohoghead

My statements are merely a hypothetical discussion considering coach smith is still here

ricepig

Quote from: rizzohoghead on February 11, 2015, 08:46:36 pm
My statements are from the coordinators perspective. I guess you don't know how these type of hirings usually go. Usually the head coach allows the coordinator to help hire his
assistants.

Well, Bret said he brought all of his offensive coaches in on the interview with Enos.

rizzohoghead

Players perspectives are important, but whomever Coach B. decides to hire, I am sure will be a great fit in the current state of being.  They will be good coach, recruiter, and have the players best interest at heart.

rizzohoghead

Quote from: ricepig on February 11, 2015, 08:48:49 pm
Well, Bret said he brought all of his offensive coaches in on the interview with Enos.
True that, I am sure he consulted them all as well before he told Coach Chaney to take a hike.

ricepig

Quote from: rizzohoghead on February 11, 2015, 08:55:51 pm
True that, I am sure he consulted them all as well before he told Coach Chaney to take a hike.

Well, probably not, haha.

rizzohoghead

My boss brought one of our workers in with us for two weeks to pick his brain, then gave him a two week paid vacation, then fired him.  If you ever think you really know what's going on, you are fooling yourself.

rightdp

Quote from: ricepig on February 11, 2015, 08:48:49 pm

If Bret said that, it was a lie.  Michael Smith did not make that trip.

rizzohoghead

And maybe my title should have been. "Doesn't have to be a bad thing" instead of "Not a bad thing". I mean we can use this opportunity to upgrade the positions we are hiring at.

ricepig

rizzohoghead

I really don't think Coach Thomas liked the long hours on the road recruiting, with a young family at home.  So I think he took a opportunity that will allow him more time at home.  I think there is a 50/50 chance coach smith goes or stays.  It's been kind of a weird deal with him after  Coach Chaneys departure.  I can't get a feel if it's him that wants to leave or  Coach B. Politely helping him out the door, or if he may in the end stay put.

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: rizzohoghead on February 11, 2015, 09:11:18 pm
I really don't think Coach Thomas liked the long hours on the road recruiting, with a young family at home.  So I think he took a opportunity that will allow him more time at home.  I think there is a 50/50 chance coach smith goes or stays.  It's been kind of a weird deal with him after  Coach Chaneys departure.  I can't get a feel if it's him that wants to leave or  Coach B. Politely helping him out the door, or if he may in the end stay put.

Post the interview where you derived this.

It and 97% of all the assistant coach guesswork here is just that... Guesswork...

I could speculate and say the coaches pertook in a huge opium ring and were advised to go elsewhere...

group thought speculation is amazing. Fans spin their  mental wheels and fall along with what story they WANT to be told... not reality.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: rizzohoghead on February 11, 2015, 08:47:44 pm
My statements are merely a hypothetical discussion considering coach smith is still here

Hopefully not for long!! (my opinion) I want to upgrade recruiting.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

rightdp

Quote from: ricepig on February 11, 2015, 09:08:26 pm
Link?

:) I really wish I had one.  Did CBB really say he took all of the coaches?  I can't imagine him really saying that..  Cuz I oromise you.  Michael did not go on that trip to Michigan.

BOAR_N2BWILD

I am just ready to have to coaching staff complete and ready to for August to get here.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

ricepig

Quote from: rightdp on February 11, 2015, 09:17:56 pm
:) I really wish I had one.  Did CBB really say he took all of the coaches?  I can't imagine him really saying that..  Cuz I oromise you.  Michael did not go on that trip to Michigan.

Yes, he said it, and no one said it occurred in Michigan. I figured it happened at the convention, but that's just speculation on my part.

rizzohoghead

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 11, 2015, 09:14:30 pm

It and 97% of all the assistant coach guesswork here is just that... Guesswork...

I could speculate and say the coaches pertook in a huge opium ring and were advised to go elsewhere...

group thought speculation is amazing. Fans spin their  mental wheels and fall along with what story they WANT to be told... not reality.
true that, I believe trey biddy stated this on dts.. but I mean I am sure you didn't speculate any when talking for the players, right.. if you don't mind me asking which one of the 100 players are you?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: rightdp on February 11, 2015, 09:17:56 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qB_nEgxc_qA

1min 16sec mark. "I took my full offensive staff to interview a couple of different guys"

rizzohoghead

Quote from: ricepig on February 11, 2015, 09:21:02 pm
Yes, he said it, and no one said it occurred in Michigan. I figured it happened at the convention, but that's just speculation on my part.
be liry of the speculation police.. Lol. . I thought all this site was, was speculation. . My bad!

rizzohoghead

Note to moderators stop all polls, all predict the season records, all pick the score. We wouldn't want to speculate.

rightdp

Quote from: ricepig on February 11, 2015, 09:21:02 pm

The first meeting with Enos was with all the coaches except Michael and it did happen in Michigan.  Michael did not meet him until after he was hired. 

rizzohoghead

And I don't want to be a nark, but one of our posters has an opium problem.

ricepig

Quote from: rightdp on February 11, 2015, 09:29:46 pm
The first meeting with Enos was with all the coaches except Michael and it did happen in Michigan.  Michael did not meet him until after he was hired. 

Ok, I guess you fly the jet, lol........

Scott7703

gawntrail

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 11, 2015, 08:37:01 pm

Nothing but positive from a near complete offensive side turnaround.

You say that like its a bad thing.

Considering how utterly inept we were on offense last year it stands to reason that the change is welcome. 

But, I'm sure another year would have got the offense off the dime......right?   :-\

rizzohoghead

I can't help myself, let me speculate. Whomever Coach B. Has to hire for any position that is currently empty or becomes open will be just fine with me..

rizzohoghead

I am over 40 so I have to go to bed soon, so I will leave the discussion to the non speculative 20 something year old know it all..Make sure yall listen to him he speaks for all 100 plus players.

Pig In The City

It is underperformance on offense for two years running. It makes most of those coaches very expendable. Change was needed and change is coming!

Hawgzinbowlz

In 2014 we had a near complete, 3 out of 4, defensive coaching changes. The trend is that it was a success and an upgrade.
I anticipate the offensive side will be as productive and it will also trend upward in 2015.
Coach Enos should have a sizable influence on the hiring of any new offensive coaches.
Me thinks the trolls are stirrin'.

" GO HOGS "

ChauvinistPig

Our receivers have under performed and our states best WR went to Ohio...not surprising

MissippHog

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 11, 2015, 09:14:30 pm

NM, not worth my time.

LZH

I'll constantly repeat that it's crazy to me that we don't have a dedicated QB coach.  Even though BA played better last year, it's obvious that we need one.

Hawgzinbowlz

February 12, 2015, 06:34:18 am #40 Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:50:23 am by Hawgzinbowlz
Quote from: LZH on February 12, 2015, 05:11:29 am
I'll constantly repeat that it's crazy to me that we don't have a dedicated QB coach.  Even though BA played better last year, it's obvious that we need one.

Dan Enos :

1987–1990
Michigan State

Position(s)
Quarterback

Coaching career (HC unless noted)

1991–1993 Michigan State (GA)
1994–1995 Lakeland (OC/QB/WR)
1996-Northern Michigan (OC/RB)
1997–1998-Southern Illinois (QB/WR)
1999-Missouri State (OC/QB)
2000–2002-Western Michigan (QB)
2003-North Dakota State (OC/QB)
2004–2005-Cincinnati (QB)
2006-Michigan State (QB)
2007–2009-Michigan State (RB)
2010–2014-Central Michigan HC/QB
2015–present-Arkansas OC/QB
Future - 'Happy Days' : Uh...I added this one.

I really think Coach Enos will be a substantial upgrade as QB coach. He has extensive experience in the development of QBs and has had multiple times where he inherited a senior with very positive results. His past results indicate better days are ahead.
We'll see soon enough.

" GO HOGS "

Chief Mac

should the OC only call plays and not coach a position?
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Tim Harris

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 11, 2015, 09:16:07 pm
Hopefully not for long!! (my opinion) I want to upgrade recruiting.

Smith may not be Pittman on the recruiting trail but he is much better than Hogville gives him credit for.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 12, 2015, 07:39:00 am
Smith may not be Pittman on the recruiting trail but he is much better than Hogville gives him credit for.

Smith probably landed atleast 3 future starters in last year's recruiting class. Very impressive.

Pork Twain

We are in a very similar position with our QB coach now as we were under CBP.  That worked out pretty well for our QBs.  Enos has a LOT of experience coaching QBs, Chaney had zero.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hogcard1964

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 11, 2015, 08:31:00 pm
Is Smith leaving for sure?

No

All we have to do is match any offer.  Not sure going to LSU is even a lateral move now.  Our program is in much better shape.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 12, 2015, 07:39:00 am

This.

rightdp

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 12, 2015, 07:57:39 am
No

All we have to do is match any offer.  Not sure going to LSU is even a lateral move now.  Our program is in much better shape.

Sadly, Arkansas will not even attempt to match any offer.

hogcard1964

Quote from: rightdp on February 12, 2015, 08:38:15 am
Sadly, Arkansas will not even attempt to match any offer.

Yes, they will. 

You have to remember this was the main crux of why Bielema left Wisconsin.  He wasn't able to retain his good coaches.  Long will not allow that to happen with Smith.

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: ChauvinistPig on February 11, 2015, 11:35:38 pm
Our receivers have under performed and our states best WR went to Ohio...not surprising

Throwing to them every now and then might increase their chances for success.  Can we put 4 Tight Ends on the field at once?