Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paul Finebaum Show Study

Started by oif_vet, February 10, 2015, 04:59:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: oif_vet on February 10, 2015, 04:59:02 pm
When Paul Finebaum came to the SEC Network with his show I heard many say that he has a bias towards Alabama and even Tennessee. I had never heard his show and had no opinion since he wasn't carried in Arkansas. I was surprised by the hire and thought maybe Tim Brando would have been a better choice and after you see my research you will probably think the same.

I started listening/watching Paul Finebaums show everyday since August 29th. Every time a fan of a school was put on the air, a guest was brought on to talk about a certain school, or Paul himself talked about a school at length I would write in a mark by each schools name and at the end of the show I would input the numbers into an excel spreadsheet. I stopped my research Friday of signing day week. The leading school was Alabama with 43% of my marks. Second place was Auburn with 29%. Third was Tennessee with 14%. The rest of the SEC was 14%. As a variable I had me and two friends call the show everyday during the research period to talk about Arkansas. Of the three of us calling everyday two of us got on the show once each.

PM if you would like to see the spread sheet. Thanks!

Good information but you might want to double check your data because I don't believe there are enough people in Alabama who actually know enough to even use a phone to drive 72% of the calls.  It may just be the same few people calling over and over.

GO

wow, anyone that sat through Finebaums show that many times and actually paid attention and took notes deserves a cold beer and I really wanted to offer to buy that for you.

But then you mentioned Brando as a better replacement so I can tell you are not in your right mind and I am scared to meet you. Maybe to much Finebaum has crippled your ability to think straight. To the point Brando now sounds like a good option. I think you need rest my friend. Therapy might be an option as well to get yout through this, cause both of those tools need to just go away. I really like Bo's show, but from time to time he has Brando on as guest. When he does I have to turn him off. Can't stand him for all the HDN love he spewed back in the day.

Seriously Nice work with all the research. Hope you are OK from watching that much of him, Couldn't have been easy.  ;)

Hogfaniam

Quote from: GO on February 11, 2015, 07:39:10 am
wow, anyone that sat through Finebaums show that many times and actually paid attention and took notes deserves a cold beer and I really wanted to offer to buy that for you.

But then you mentioned Brando as a better replacement so I can tell you are not in your right mind and I am scared to meet you. Maybe to much Finebaum has crippled your ability to think straight. To the point Brando now sounds like a good option. I think you need rest my friend. Therapy might be an option as well to get yout through this, cause both of those tools need to just go away. I really like Bo's show, but from time to time he has Brando on as guest. When he does I have to turn him off. Can't stand him for all the HDN love he spewed back in the day.

Seriously Nice work with all the research. Hope you are OK from watching that much of him, Couldn't have been easy.  ;)

Brando is Houston Nutt incognito.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Man. You gotta take up golf, pick up hoops, the gym, heck even video games. You need a hobby brother :)
Let's make some waves.

oif_vet

Quote from: GO on February 11, 2015, 07:39:10 am

I said Brando would have been a better choice because at least he talks a little about everyone. He occasionally upsets a fan base but for the most part he is balanced. Who would have been a better choice in your eyes that has a national brand name that could have done an SEC show?

oif_vet

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on February 11, 2015, 08:00:36 am
Man. You gotta take up golf, pick up hoops, the gym, heck even video games. You need a hobby brother :)

haha I build wood furniture as a hobby.

GO

Quote from: oif_vet on February 11, 2015, 08:23:27 am
Who would have been a better choice in your eyes that has a national brand name that could have done an SEC show?

Gosh, I don't know we could probably get Brian Williams cheap right now. He probably has a few good stories to tell!  (too soon?)  Seriously, Just picking at ya man! I was surprised and I have to admit a bit pissed the SEC decided to use Finebaum as the voice of the SEC when everyone knew he was nothing more than a bama mouthpiece. Someone more neutral with out the bias like your data shows should have been a better choice. Brando is just a personal thing with me, but lots of others around here don't care much for him either. Maybe it's the hair plugs... who knows.

Steef

Quote from: GO on February 11, 2015, 08:52:03 am
Gosh, I don't know we could probably get Brian Williams cheap right now.

I chuckled.