Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cowherd blasting Wisconsin

Started by HSVhogfan2, February 10, 2015, 10:32:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HSVhogfan2

And saying how hard he's rooting for CBB. "HE likes to party, he's got a hot wife, he makes folks uncomfortable, and I love that about him. You have no idea how hard I'm pulling for AR"
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

DeltaBoy

Yep He busted Whiskey and said he loves CBB cause he likes to have a good time and has a hot wife.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Peter Porker

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 10, 2015, 10:32:15 am
And saying how hard he's rooting for CBB. "HE likes to party, he's got a hot wife, he makes folks uncomfortable, and I love that about him. You have no idea how hard I'm pulling for AR"

How exactly is that blasting Wisconsi?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

longpig

February 10, 2015, 10:40:58 am #3 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:03:11 am by longpig
Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 10, 2015, 10:32:15 am

I like having that guy in our corner, he's my flavor of non PC.  One of the first times watching, he went off on a tangent about how fun getting drunk is.
Don't be scared, be smart.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 10, 2015, 10:35:23 am
How exactly is that blasting Wisconsi?

Sorry, didn't want to write Moby Dick. He basically said with the great recruiters now at Penn St, OSU and Michigan that the Wisconsin runs are over and the fanbase was unimformed by so many not caring the CBB left. He said Wisconsin took advantage of a time when the traditional powers were down and the Rose Bowl Days are over.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

longpig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 10, 2015, 10:44:13 am
Sorry, didn't want to write Moby Dick. He basically said with the great recruiters now at Penn St, OSU and Michigan that the Wisconsin runs are over and the fanbase was unimformed by so many not caring the CBB left. He said Wisconsin took advantage of a time when the traditional powers were down and the Rose Bowl Days are over.

That's hard to disagree with, all things considered recent past and present in the Big Ten. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Danny J

Quote from: longpig on February 10, 2015, 10:40:58 am
I like having that guy in our corner
Yeah....I would love to have all these guys in our corner. Need all the help we can get in getting the word out to other places and recruits.

texas tush hog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 10, 2015, 10:34:05 am
Yep He busted Whiskey and said he loves CBB cause he likes to have a good time and has a hot wife.

I'm glad that I m not the only old codger that likes to admire his hot wife.

Dwight_K_Shrute

BB is opinionated and that has occasionally drawn fire, but since he is genuine, down to earth, what you see is what you get type and generally nice to people and the media this is the type of attention he and the program gets.

Much better than either a used car fake preacher type, or a total a-hole. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

LRRandy

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 10, 2015, 11:27:03 am
BB is opinionated and that has occasionally drawn fire, but since he is genuine, down to earth, what you see is what you get type and generally nice to people and the media this is the type of attention he and the program gets.

Much better than either a used car fake preacher type, or a total a-hole.
maybe he has changed and will not run off at the mouth when he has some success. His past actions rubbed many the wrong way. Outspoken to a fault. I wonder if his record over the last two years has in fact humbled him or will he go back to his old ways?
This is fun, isn't it.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: LRRandy on February 10, 2015, 01:06:10 pm
maybe he has changed and will not run off at the mouth when he has some success. His past actions rubbed many the wrong way. Outspoken to a fault. I wonder if his record over the last two years has in fact humbled him or will he go back to his old ways?
Of course as contrasted with that "straight shooter" Urban (legend).

opineonswine

maybe he has changed and will not run off at the mouth when he has some success. His past actions rubbed many the wrong way. Outspoken to a fault.

You should try changing your spots.

You know, I used to hate Michigan.  Now I hope they pound smug O-hee-O in the dirt.

Pigliophile

CBB tells it like it is. Some people like that. Some people it makes uncomfortable. I like it.

I also like hot wives and getting drunk. I suppose he's the coach for me.

Woo Pig!

texas tush hog

So you would rather have Gus, Petrino, or Nutt, choose one.

3kgthog

He said Wisconsin took advantage of a time when the traditional powers were down and the Rose Bowl Days are over.

If BB did what he did when those traditional powers were down, that doesn't say much for BB does it? It's not like he had a great record against the traditional powers even when they were struggling.

TNhawgfan

I love Bielema too, but it has nothing to do with any of Cowherd's reasons. Lane Kiffin has a hot wife and I don't care about him. Gary Pinkel likes to drink and I don't care about him. Nick Saban speaks his mind and I don't care about him.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Grizzlyfan

If this is true it's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Brett is it?

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 10, 2015, 02:27:42 pm
If this is true it's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Brett is it?

I've always said CBB was a solid hire, but not nearly as high as so many on here are, as far as him leading AR to SEC Championships. I have met him and like the guy personally, bit I do think some of his accomplishments at Wisconsin were a bit skewed by a bad conference, probation on some schools, and never actually winning a Rose Bowl.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Grizzlyfan

Those comments are typical of Cowherd.  If he talks for about 5 minutes he will eventually contradict himself and start chasing his own tail.

whippersnapper

Even when those "powers" were down in the conference someone still had to win the B1G championship. BB and his badgers did.

opineonswine

Did Saban ever win a BIG championship?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: opineonswine on February 10, 2015, 02:49:06 pm
Did Saban ever win a BIG championship?

Nope, but he did turn around Michigan state before he went on to win multiple NC at LSU and Alabama.   So why do you bring up Saban?   What he took over was far worse than what Beliema took over at wisconsin.

I like Beliema, but there isn't a need to compare him to other coaches that have won national championships and BCS bowl games. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

George S. Pigton

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 10, 2015, 02:41:49 pm
I've always said CBB was a solid hire, but not nearly as high as so many on here are, as far as him leading AR to SEC Championships. I have met him and like the guy personally, bit I do think some of his accomplishments at Wisconsin were a bit skewed by a bad conference, probation on some schools, and never actually winning a Rose Bowl.

I agree that CBB took advantage of a down conf. but he also had to develop players to compete in that conf.  I think with
better talent and his ability to develop players we have a chance to compete.  Does that mean titles, perhaps not but if
you are in position, and with some lucky breaks you have a shot.

I'd be happy to stay in the top 5 of the conf. each season and stay in the polls
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

Professor Psychosis

Don't Wisconsin people say "On Wisconsin?"

Everytime you see a fan of theirs trashing Bielema, tell them "Hey, is your chant still On Wisconsin?  Need to change that to Move On, Wisconsin."

870hogfan

Didn't Ohio State finish 10-2 one year while Coach B took them out of the Big 10 championship? You know the one Ohio State team that Robert Petrino lost too?

chitwnhog

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 10, 2015, 02:18:07 pm
So you would rather have Gus, Petrino, or Nutt, choose one.

Out of those three he would rather have Cooper.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Love all the passive aggressiveness and backhanded compliments for BB.  Is he a good coach?  Yes.  Is he a good person?  By all accounts, Yes.  He left a very comfortable situation to take over a program that was a mess and had been rudderless for a year.  For once it would be nice to have a thread where people didn't have to try to rationalize away his success at Wisconsin or marginalize what he has done here.  By the end of the season we were a team nobody wanted to play and had stomped an absolute mud hole in 3 major opponents.  That doesn't just happen by itself.  Is he perfect? No, but he's a damn good coach and I think he is striving to continually improve and get better.  He is just that type of guy that can grind and work without having to be an absolute prick about it which makes winning that much more enjoyable for everyone so instead of nit picking every time someone gives him some praise why not be positive or just say noting, or be one of those people that has to be negative every F****** time.  Everyone loves that.   
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

supersaint

Great message. Great handle. Great avatar.

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 10, 2015, 04:16:10 pm
Love all the passive aggressiveness and backhanded compliments for BB.  Is he a good coach?  Yes.  Is he a good person?  By all accounts, Yes.  He left a very comfortable situation to take over a program that was a mess and had been rudderless for a year.  For once it would be nice to have a thread where people didn't have to try to rationalize away his success at Wisconsin or marginalize what he has done here.  By the end of the season we were a team nobody wanted to play and had stomped an absolute mud hole in 3 major opponents.  That doesn't just happen by itself.  Is he perfect? No, but he's a damn good coach and I think he is striving to continually improve and get better.  He is just that type of guy that can grind and work without having to be an absolute prick about it which makes winning that much more enjoyable for everyone so instead of nit picking every time someone gives him some praise why not be positive or just say noting, or be one of those people that has to be negative every F****** time.  Everyone loves that.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 10, 2015, 04:16:10 pm

Actually this was a positive thread about the AR football coach. It was great pub for AR football on a national show, even though the average Hogvillian can relate better to DTS than to ESPN radio. Damn, dude, just because everybody doesn't think CBB is already Hall of Fame material and the SEC is just gonna mail AR the championship trophy next year out of fear, doesn't mean the coach is being put down or he can't coach.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

BarrySandersGOAT

I've heard cowherd say on multiple occasions how Wisconsin fans are delusional, and how Arkansas will be a force in the near future. He usually only talks up USC and top tier teams, so it's nice for him to keep giving us exposure.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 10, 2015, 04:33:14 pm
Actually this was a positive thread about the AR football coach. It was great pub for AR football on a national show, even though the average Hogvillian can relate better to DTS than to ESPN radio. Damn, dude, just because everybody doesn't think CBB is already Hall of Fame material and the SEC is just gonna mail AR the championship trophy next year out of fear, doesn't mean the coach is being put down or he can't coach.

First I was not addressing the thread or your OP.  I think it's fine and basically agreed in my first post.

Second the point was try not to be so GD negative to all those who every time something good is said about Bielema have to rationalize away the good job he did at Wisconsin, or what he has done and is doing here.

Damn Dude did I mention anything about an NC or SEC-C or HOF?  No, I said he was a good coach.  Notice I did not say great, and I did not say perfect.  I did say damn good, and I do think he is on his way to great brick by brick #1-0

The point was we had a very good end to the season and much positive momentum.  We have a good guy as coach. Why is there even a need in a thread pointing out that Cowherd likes Bielema to have to down his accomplishments at Wisconsin.  It's passive aggressive because it's the "Yeah, but" crowd.  They can't say something positive and leave it at that.  It's "Yeah he had a really good record at Wisconsin, but you know it was due to the rest of the conference being down"  "Yeah he went 3 Rose Bowls, but he never won one"

ArmyOfnobunaga

Its a myth that the big 10 conference was/is hugely down.

That is typically what sec mouth breathers and espn sycophants repeated ad nausea.

The big 10 has been a little down. But Wisconsin was still beating good teams with good players.

Before everyone gets their sec panties in a wad... try to realize that the rest of the country is saying that the SEC is down. We know its not true. But the funny thing is that perspective from where you stand from is staggering at times to how it shades a persons opinion.

CBB is a good to great coach already in my opinion. Time will show whether is is better or worst than where your pedestal of perspective is located.

But at any rate... yeah the Wisconsin fans are proving to be just as vindictive and poor as a lot of the big 10 fans they have complained about for years.

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Arkansas Fan

So, it's Bielema's fault that the Big Ten isn't very good and some schools on probation? Nope. He did his job, he won games and won the Big Ten conference. Lost the Rose Bowls, yes, but he did what he was supposed to do.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 10, 2015, 04:58:28 pm
Its a myth that the big 10 conference was/is hugely down.

That is typically what sec mouth breathers and espn sycophants repeated ad nausea.

The big 10 has been a little down. But Wisconsin was still beating good teams with good players.

Before everyone gets their sec panties in a wad... try to realize that the rest of the country is saying that the SEC is down. We know its not true. But the funny thing is that perspective from where you stand from is staggering at times to how it shades a persons opinion.

CBB is a good to great coach already in my opinion. Time will show whether is is better or worst than where your pedestal of perspective is located.

But at any rate... yeah the Wisconsin fans are proving to be just as vindictive and poor as a lot of the big 10 fans they have complained about for years.

The SEC is a little down from what it was.  It couldn't have gotten much better and with the early NFL attrition and Florida and Tennessee rebuilding it was down this past season.  It was inevitable to happen.  The B1G has not been very good comparatively especially in terms of depth in a while. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 10, 2015, 05:02:52 pm
The SEC is a little down from what it was.  It couldn't have gotten much better and with the early NFL attrition and Florida and Tennessee rebuilding it was down this past season.  It was inevitable to happen.  The B1G has not been very good comparatively especially in terms of depth in a while. 

I can agree with this. Yes the big 10 was down... but not by the margin people think. I would have taken the big ten in a round robin with the ACC and even pac 10 in a lot of those "Down" years.

As far as the sec being down... I am not sure. I think last year the SEC was down in terms of quality QBs. Also you have to remember that teams like kentucky, tennessee and yes us apprear to be getting better each year. Depth of league creates cannibalization of records... I think.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

hoglady

The Big 10 and SEC are 2 different animals.
I've never much judged Beliema on what he did or didn't do at Wisconsin.
Obviously, Alvarez is hard to work for - Beliema's replacement cut and ran at the first opportunity.
Beliema doesn't much give a crap what folks think about him.
He does what he thinks is right - kind of a true to yourself guy and to heck with the PC crowd.
He won over a lot of fans last year - including myself. Not so much because of the wins at the end - but the fact he keep the team together and had them ready to compete week after week, after some pretty gut wrenching losses.
Any coach that can do that - is a really good coach.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on February 10, 2015, 05:13:50 pm
The Big 10 and SEC are 2 different animals.
I've never much judged Beliema on what he did or didn't do at Wisconsin.
Obviously, Alvarez is hard to work for - Beliema's replacement cut and ran at the first opportunity.
Beliema doesn't much give a crap what folks think about him.
He does what he thinks is right - kind of a true to yourself guy and to heck with the PC crowd.
He won over a lot of fans last year - including myself. Not so much because of the wins at the end - but the fact he keep the team together and had them ready to compete week after week, after some pretty gut wrenching losses.
Any coach that can do that - is a really good coach.

Bielema, sorry.....

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 10, 2015, 05:10:30 pm
I can agree with this. Yes the big 10 was down... but not by the margin people think. I would have taken the big ten in a round robin with the ACC and even pac 10 in a lot of those "Down" years.

As far as the sec being down... I am not sure. I think last year the SEC was down in terms of quality QBs. Also you have to remember that teams like kentucky, tennessee and yes us apprear to be getting better each year. Depth of league creates cannibalization of records... I think.

The SEC did lose some good veteran qbs at the top programs. 

Bama, LSU, A&M and UGa weren't quite as good as they have been in recent seasons.  OM and MSU didn't have the depth to finish strong. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2015, 05:27:01 pm
Bielema, sorry.....

I'm never going to get that name spelled right.
It's stuck in my brain the wrong way - should just stick with Coach B.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jgphillips3

I looked at Rivals rankings to compare Wisconsin talent to OSU, Michigan & Penn State (traditional powers).  Even when they were down, the talent gap was FAR wider between Wisconsin and OSU/Michigan than it is between Arkansas and anyone in the SEC.  I consider that he did an admirable job despite being severely outgunned.

Rivals
Penn State #6
OSU #12
Michigan #13
Wisconsin #40

Penn State #24
OSU #15
Michigan #12
Wisconsin #34

Penn State #43
OSU #4
Michigan #10
Wisconsin #41

Penn State #24
OSU #3
Michigan #8
Wisconsin #43

Penn State #12
OSU #25
Michigan #20
Wisconsin #88

Penn State #35
OSU #11
Michigan #21
Wisconsin #40

Penn State #51
OSU #4
Michigan #7
Wisconsin #57

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on February 10, 2015, 06:15:52 pm
I'm never going to get that name spelled right.
It's stuck in my brain the wrong way - should just stick with Coach B.

Yeah, I just type Bi and Bielema shows up on the words on my tablet, and I click on it, haha.

ChiTown27

Some people like to bring up his Rose Bowl record, but let us not forget the coaching turnover he battled, which occurred riiiiight after the regular season ended. He was never able to focus entirely on the game. He was out searching for new coaches. That's one of the main reasons he left Wisconsin. His AD wouldn't approve salary increases for his staff. That's a big deal.

CBB is a great coach, in my opinion. I'd much rather have this man lead our team, and represent Arkansas, than to have to listen to used car commercials or see neck braces all over ESPN. I'm certain that CBB will elevate us to the heights of probably LSU's program over the last decade - respectable most seasons (9+ wins), feared in a couple (11+ wins), and National Champions eventually. But I don't see anyone getting cocky before they play us.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

Artex501

Quote from: 870hogfan on February 10, 2015, 03:59:46 pm
Didn't Ohio State finish 10-2 one year while Coach B took them out of the Big 10 championship? You know the one Ohio State team that Robert Petrino lost too?

Please take your facts elsewhere, can't you see we are busy trying to turn a positive story into a negative! Anyone can see Wisconsin shouldn't have lost a single B1G game during those down years, even if during that time those down teams still had twice the talent, what's talent got to do with anything!

No but really guys stop trying to compare apples to apple pie, yeah they sound similar, and even look close, but trust me they aren't the same

ChicoHog

I agree somewhat but Wisconsin has a distinct advantage of being in the Western division which does not have Ohio st, Penn st, Michigan or Mich st.  Kind of like the being in the SEC West vs Sec East.  In the big 10 the power is in the East and I think it's going to stay that way for a while. 

razorback44

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 10, 2015, 08:04:49 pm
I agree somewhat but Wisconsin has a distinct advantage of being in the Western division which does not have Ohio st, Penn st, Michigan or Mich st.  Kind of like the being in the SEC West vs Sec East.  In the big 10 the power is in the East and I think it's going to stay that way for a while. 

This. The four top teams in the Big 10, when it comes to coaching staffs, are in the East. Wisconsin basically has to beat Nebraska yearly and they will be in the title game. Their divisions right now are laughably unbalanced.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: razorback44 on February 11, 2015, 01:06:23 am
This. The four top teams in the Big 10, when it comes to coaching staffs, are in the East. Wisconsin basically has to beat Nebraska yearly and they will be in the title game. Their divisions right now are laughably unbalanced.
Like East and West in the SEC?  ;D

Redhogs

Thank-you. +1
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on February 10, 2015, 05:00:33 pm
So, it's Bielema's fault that the Big Ten isn't very good and some schools on probation? Nope. He did his job, he won games and won the Big Ten conference. Lost the Rose Bowls, yes, but he did what he was supposed to do.
Says something about the competition to get there...don't ya think.....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

DeltaBoy

Colin had a good show yesterday !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NaturalStateReb

I think Wisconsin wants to run a battleship-sized program on a johnboat budget.  That's not going to work long-term in that league.  Places like Penn State, Michigan, and Nebraska are only going to be down for so long. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.