Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

somebody fill me in on George McDonald

Started by Potosihog, February 09, 2015, 06:26:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Potosihog

I saw his name come up a lot at the end of the season.  Then I read where we hired him but something fell through.  Two questions:
1) Was this a Dana Altman situation?
2) What makes everyone think CBB would hire him again? (Unless his almost hiring ws s with a different staff)

I'll hang up and listen....

Wildhog

We hired him as WR coach.  Then he got offered an OC position.  No brainer.  No hard feelings.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

He was hired as WR coach then soon after took the Syracuse OC job. I believe he was demoted there last season and wasn't happy.
Go away, batin'

Hawgzinbowlz

"If I would've known I was only going to get 18 games to be offensive coordinator, I would've stayed at the University of Arkansas," McDonald said on Tuesday night. "I would've never came here."
http://www.backingthepack.com/nc-state-football/2015/1/6/7504763/nc-state-hires-syracuse-wide-receivers-coach-george-mcdonald

" GO HOGS "

Potosihog

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

The_Boot_stops_here

He was hired as wr coach at nc st a month or so ago, right?

The Boar War

(notOM)Rebel123

I thought he was a track coach....oh wait.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

BoynamedWooPigSooie

It might be time for Dave Doeren to do Bielema a favor.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

TX HOG

I've recently been wondering if he's a top notch recruiter why hasn't/isn't he with top 10 programs??

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TX HOG on February 09, 2015, 09:58:22 pm
I've recently been wondering if he's a top notch recruiter why hasn't/isn't he with top 10 programs??

He was at the university of Miami before we hired him. That's a pretty good program.

TX HOG

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 09, 2015, 10:05:10 pm
He was at the university of Miami before we hired him. That's a pretty good program.

Just seems like big time recruiters stay at big programs making big money. I would've figured after he left syr programs would've been knocking his door down.

Paul

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 09, 2015, 10:05:10 pm
WAS a pretty good program

dynastyhog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 09, 2015, 07:51:22 pm
He was hired as wr coach at nc st a month or so ago, right?

If so, I highly doubt BB goes after a one of his former coach's assistants.  Especially after him just being hired at NCSt.  Just doesn't seem like BB'S style.
Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people. - Zig Ziglar.