Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help wanted

Started by scorekeeper, February 09, 2015, 03:23:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scorekeeper

Mods apologies for posting in the wrong section, but can someone tell me how this picture is made or what kind of picture it is.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

supersaint

It looks like a MS Paint.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

sickboy

I don't know about MS paint, but I can tell you how to do this in photoshop.

There's four images. Player 1 (left), Player 2 (right), Gator logo, and a background image of live game footage.

From top layer to bottom:

The top layer is Player 2 -- looks like they matted him and did adjustments with the curves tool to get an oversaturated/crushed black look. Looks like they played with the highlights.

Layer 2... Looks like player 1 was matted out of an original image and then they played with the same curves adjustments , then they gave him a white/yellow glow on his edges.

Layer 3 is just a standard gators logo that has been matted or had an alpha. Then it looks like they set the blending mode to overlay... or dropped the opacity by 20%-ish.

Layer 4 is just a background image of a player playing with fans cheering and player chasing after him. Looks like they made this layer black and white. I can't be sure, but they might have put a blur effect on that layer too.

That's about it. Might take twenty minutes to do in photoshop or some like-minded software.

greenie

deleted my response...better answer above with Photoshop

scorekeeper

Quote from: sickboy on February 09, 2015, 03:43:38 pm
I don't know about MS paint, but I can tell you how to do this in photoshop.

There's four images. Player 1 (left), Player 2 (right), Gator logo, and a background image of live game footage.

From top layer to bottom:

The top layer is Player 2 -- looks like they matted him and did adjustments with the curves tool to get an oversaturated/crushed black look. Looks like they played with the highlights.

Layer 2... Looks like player 1 was matted out of an original image and then they played with the same curves adjustments , then they gave him a white/yellow glow on his edges.

Layer 3 is just a standard gators logo that has been matted or had an alpha. Then it looks like they set the blending mode to overlay... or dropped the opacity by 20%-ish.

Layer 4 is just a background image of a player playing with fans cheering and player chasing after him. Looks like they made this layer black and white. I can't be sure, but they might have put a blur effect on that layer too.

That's about it. Might take twenty minutes to do in photoshop or some like-minded software.
Wow awesome. Thanks. Do you know if there is some type of filtering software maybe for a smartphone that could accomplish the look of the top layer player 2?
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

sickboy

February 09, 2015, 04:06:10 pm #5 Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:26:25 pm by sickboy
Quote from: scorekeeper on February 09, 2015, 03:51:03 pm
Wow awesome. Thanks. Do you know if there is some type of filtering software maybe for a smartphone that could accomplish the look of the top layer player 2?

Not that I know of. Tell you what. If you have a photo that you want to look like that for your phone... send me the link and I'll make it for you.

EDIT: Maybe I misunderstood. Even if you don't want it for your phone... I can make the edit for you. Just send me a link to the picture and I'll photoshop it for ya.

EDIT 2: Check this link out too. These apps might help. http://www.creativebloq.com/design-tools/best-photo-apps-513764

HogCard

there are indeed websites out there that make regular pictures take on a whole new effect.  I used one called funny.photo to actual make special effects on a picture we used for our family Christmas card.  I'm sure there are others and better ones but it accomplished what I wanted and for free.