Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Hog passes

Started by snoblind, February 08, 2015, 06:15:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoblind

February 08, 2015, 06:15:19 pm Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:26:19 pm by snoblind
Norman Parrish, cancer.  Freshman in the fall of 77.  That was the only year he played at Arkansas.  As much heart as any player I was ever around, just too small to play nose guard with the big boys.  He was player of the year in the old 4A our senior year at Northside.  Thought I'd post this in case some old timers remember him.

gawntrail

choppedporkextrasauce

Danimal

Hadn't seen him in several years and didn't even know he was sick. Norman was a good friend of my brother-in-law, and I used to go fishing with them on occasion. Thoughts and prayers.

mhuff

FBI

sorry to hear this, did norman still live in ft smith?

snoblind

Yes, he did.  I hadn't seen him in a few years and didn't know he was sick either.  Got a call yesterday.  Did not see anything in the obits today.

FBI

we were good friends in school kimmons and northside and he was a heck of football player

snoblind

Quote from: FBI on February 09, 2015, 08:51:28 am
we were good friends in school kimmons and northside and he was a heck of football player

You going to make any baseball games this year?

Danimal

Nothing in the obits this morning.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

outlawhogeywells

Sad Sad day.  Was another old friend from Fort Smith (Northside and Kimmons).  Played like he was 290

hoglady

Sorry to hear - prayers for his family.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

February 09, 2015, 04:54:56 pm #13 Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:45:20 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Quote from: outlawhogeywells on February 09, 2015, 02:20:38 pm
Sad Sad day.  Was another old friend from Fort Smith (Northside and Kimmons).  Played like he was 290
Hate to hear this!
Knew "Littleman" very well and played with him in many different sports from 2nd grade and up. Grew up with him, but haven't seen him in a while. He was great at all sports and always played with a lot of heart and above expectations.
Prayers sent! 

snoblind

Funeral is 10:30 Friday, visitation 5-7 Thursday, Edwards Funeral Home.

DeltaBoy

I will be praying for the family and friends during this time.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.