Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Projecting next years starting offense and defense

Started by luke hawg, February 08, 2015, 10:57:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

luke hawg

February 08, 2015, 10:57:47 am Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:16:56 pm by luke hawg
QB Brandon Allen coming off a 18TD 5INT 57 completion percentage season with a new OC
RB Johnathan Williams, Alex Collins
FB Kody Walker
HB Austin Cantrell
WR Dominique Reed
WR Keon Hatcher
WR Jared Cornelius
TE Hunter Henry
TE Jeremy Sprinkle
OT Dan Skipper
OG Frank Ragnow
C Josh Allen
OG Sebastian Tretola
OT Denver Kirkland
OT backup Brian Wallace
OG backup Mitch Smothers

DE Deatrich Wise, Mitchell Loewen
DT Tiawan Johnson, Jeremiah Ledbetter
DT Bijhon Jackson, Demarcus Hodge
DE JaMichael Winston, Brandon Lewis, Tevin Beanum

LB Brooks Ellis
LB Randy Ramsey
LB Dwayne Eugene

CB Jared Collins
FS Josh Liddell
SS Rohan Gaines
CB Henre Toliver
Nickel DJ Dean

Hogswarts

I think you need to swap Josh Allen and Mitch Smothers, probably pretty close on the rest.

luke hawg

Quote from: hogsaint85 on February 08, 2015, 11:42:40 am
I think you need to swap Josh Allen and Mitch Smothers, probably pretty close on the rest.
It's wishful thinking.

Hogdomer

luke hawg

Hogdomer

I think Josh Williams starts at one of the linebacker spots.  He started this year when Ellis was hurt.

jdelo77

Jojo Robinson will see significant playing time , I would also think he will return kicks

ricepig

Pittman was quoted in the paper today that Kirkland was going to learn the tackle position as either the backup, or the starter. That it's up to Wallace to determine which one it is. It sounds like he's put it in front of Wallace, I hope he grabs it.

Tim Harris

Quote from: luke hawg on February 08, 2015, 11:51:23 am
It's wishful thinking.

Why would you want to replace both C who have experience with someone new?  I can see wanting Ragnow to start (my personal opinion) but I want it at center.

PaintballHog

I don't see any way that wallace and Kirkland arn't both starters. They seem to be the two best according to the coaches.

IBleedRazorbackRed

I'll take a shot at it.

QB Brandon Allen, Austin Allen
RB Williams, Collins
FB Walker, Cantrell
WR Keon, Drew Morgan
WR Reed, Edwards
WR Cornelius, JoJo
TE Henry, Gragg
TE Sprinkle, Gragg
LT Wallace, Kirkland or Merrick
LG Tretola, Ragnow or Allen
C Ragnow, Smothers
RG Kirkland, Ragnow or Allen
RT Skipper, Kirkland or Merrick

DE Winston, Wise
DT Bijohn, Hodge
DT Taiwan, Froholdt
DE Ledbetter, Lewis
OLB Ellis, Eugene
MLB Williams, Hackett
OLB Ramsey, Graham
CB Toliver, Pulley
CB Collins, Dean
FS Liddell, Ramirez
SS Gaines, Coley
Ni Ramirez, Richardson

K Hedlund
P Johnson
KR Keon, Jojo
PR Cornelius, Jojo

Lake City Hog

RB Williams, Collins
FB Walker, Jones or Colquitt
WR Keon, Drew Morgan
WR Reed, Edwards
WR Cornelius, JoJo
TE Henry, Gragg
TE Sprinkle, Gragg
LT Kirkland, Wallace
LG Tretola, Danenhauer
C   Smothers, Ragnow
RG Ragno,  Koehler
RT Skipper, Beck

DE Winston, Lewis
DT Bijohn, Hodge, Marks
DT Taiwan, Watts, Froholdt
DE Loewen, Wise, Ledbetter
OLB Williams, Eugene
MLB Ellis, Hackett
OLB Ramsey, Graham
CB Toliver, Pulley
CB Collins, Dean
FS Liddell, Ramirez
SS Gaines, Coley
Ni Ramirez, Richardson

K Hedlund
P Johnson
KR Keon, Jojo
PR Cornelius, Jojo

ArkansasBread3

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 08, 2015, 07:53:46 pm
I'll take a shot at it.

RB Williams, Collins
FB Walker, Cantrell
WR Keon, Drew Morgan
WR Reed, Edwards
WR Cornelius, JoJo
TE Henry, Gragg
TE Sprinkle, Gragg
C Ragnow, Smothers

DE Winston, Wise
DT Bijohn, Hodge
DT Taiwan, Froholdt
DE Ledbetter, Lewis
OLB Ellis, Eugene
MLB Williams, Hackett
OLB Ramsey, Graham
CB Toliver, Pulley
CB Collins, Dean
FS Liddell, Ramirez
SS Gaines, Coley
Ni Ramirez, Richardson

K Hedlund
P Johnson
KR Keon, Jojo
PR Cornelius, Jojo

Think this is spot on except for Drew Morgan. Don't see him playing much. They will move Jojo around to multiple spots, he will back up keon and jared.
On Defense one of the new Lbs will play and TJ smith the DE will play as well. He is up to 285 already.

Youngsta71701

February 09, 2015, 10:54:59 am #13 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:56:13 am by Youngsta71701
QB- B. Allen
RB- Williams, Collins
FB- Walker
WR- Hatcher
WR- Reed
TE- Henry
OT- Skipper
OG- Tretola
C- Smothers
OG- Kirkland or Ragnow
OG- Kirkland or Wallace

DE- Wise or Loewen
DT- Johnson
DT- Jackson or Ledbetter
DE- Winston or Ledbetter
OLB- Ellis
MLB- Williams
OLB- Ramsey
CB- Collins
CB- Tolliver
FS- Liddell
SS- Gaines
NB- Dean
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

hoghiker

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 08, 2015, 07:53:46 pm
I'll take a shot at it.

RB Williams, Collins
FB Walker, Cantrell
WR Keon, Drew Morgan
WR Reed, Edwards
WR Cornelius, JoJo
TE Henry, Gragg
TE Sprinkle, Gragg
C Ragnow, Smothers

DE Winston, Wise
DT Bijohn, Hodge
DT Taiwan, Froholdt
DE Ledbetter, Lewis
OLB Ellis, Eugene
MLB Williams, Hackett
OLB Ramsey, Graham
CB Toliver, Pulley
CB Collins, Dean
FS Liddell, Ramirez
SS Gaines, Coley
Ni Ramirez, Richardson

K Hedlund
P Johnson
KR Keon, Jojo
PR Cornelius, Jojo

You were the first person I saw put Ledbetter in at starting DE. Unless I am getting Austin Flynned I can't see him not starting.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

HogsOfAnarchy

Not sure why no one had cody Hollister on here. He will get significant playing time if not a starter

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: ricepig on February 08, 2015, 12:48:42 pm
Pittman was quoted in the paper today that Kirkland was going to learn the tackle position as either the backup, or the starter. That it's up to Wallace to determine which one it is. It sounds like he's put it in front of Wallace, I hope he grabs it.

Sam has got to create competition at that position.  He's going to put Wallace and Kirkland in there and let them battle it out this spring, perhaps even into the fall camp.  The best man wins.

I think what happens on the OL is going to be one of the most fun parts of the spring and early fall camp.  Watching Sam Pittman do his thing is definitely worth the price of admission.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 08, 2015, 02:42:53 pm
Why would you want to replace both C who have experience with someone new?  I can see wanting Ragnow to start (my personal opinion) but I want it at center.

Watching how Ragnow develops this spring and what Sam does with him is going to be very interesting.  I think CBB even referred to the possibility of Ragnow playing OT, as well.  Which means we could see him anywhere on the OL.

But IMO he'll be a starter somewhere.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hawginbigd1

Dean will be a starter at one CB, Toliver and Collins can fight for the other and nickel.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hogdomer on February 08, 2015, 12:23:18 pm
I think Josh Williams starts at one of the linebacker spots.  He started this year when Ellis was hurt.

I would love for Josh to take over Matrell's MLB slot and have a breakout year.  That would be huge if he could do it.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 09, 2015, 11:58:03 am
You were the first person I saw put Ledbetter in at starting DE. Unless I am getting Austin Flynned I can't see him not starting.

CBB said he's at 280 right now, and that is only a few weeks under Herbert.

If he gets another 10 lbs. on him I could see him being used at DE vs. rush teams or in rushing downs, and moving inside on passing downs.  Trey did some of that last year I believe.

RedyorNot

RedyorNot

For those that would like to see the end of season depth chart to plug and play minus the incoming freshman and JoJo (RS)

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/arkansas/89992

HogShat

Dont be surprised to see Reed get a look at the return job...

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 09, 2015, 11:58:03 am

The staff supposedly believes he'll walk in and replace Flowers.

scruf

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 09, 2015, 12:09:52 pm
Dean will be a starter at one CB, Toliver and Collins can fight for the other and nickel.
Toliver and Collins are the best CB on the team with Toliver having a slight edge. Toliver has one spot locked down and Dean may challenge Collins for the other spot.

wholehog92

I think Gaines will not be allowed to start because of his off field problems until sometime late in the season if ever.

Other than that, you could argue about any of the ones posted.  Most likely freshman starting positions are DT, LB, WR, safety in no particular order.  In fact, we need freshman production at those positions to be successful even if they don't start.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: wholehog92 on February 09, 2015, 01:34:14 pm
I think Gaines will not be allowed to start because of his off field problems until sometime late in the season if ever.

This is based on ...?

I haven't heard anything from CBB or his staff even inferring this.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 09, 2015, 02:06:25 pm
This is based on ...?

I haven't heard anything from CBB or his staff even inferring this.

I actually have heard CBB say something indicating the exact opposite. It was a piece of audio on the radio so I am paraphrasing but it was something along the lines of "even though I had to suspend him for the bowl game, Gaines could come back and really elevate his play because of the extra motivation of being a senior. His and other Senior's improvement could be of more significant impact than any of the freshman everyone is talking about."
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

DeltaBoy

We are looking good on paper so I can't wait for the Season to start.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 09, 2015, 02:22:07 pm
I actually have heard CBB say something indicating the exact opposite. It was a piece of audio on the radio so I am paraphrasing but it was something along the lines of "even though I had to suspend him for the bowl game, Gaines could come back and really elevate his play because of the extra motivation of being a senior. His and other Senior's improvement could be of more significant impact than any of the freshman everyone is talking about."

I was thinking that very thing actually, but I didn't have a clear enough memory to write about it.  Thanks.

WooPig90

Quote from: wholehog92 on February 09, 2015, 01:34:14 pm

Other than that, you could argue about any of the ones posted.  Most likely freshman starting positions are DT, LB, WR, safety in no particular order.  In fact, we need freshman production at those positions to be successful even if they don't start.

Not even close, Bielema pretty much said that he will be back there starting as long as he doesnt get into any trouble before the season starts

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 09, 2015, 03:06:19 pm
Not even close, Bielema pretty much said that he will be back there starting as long as he doesnt get into any trouble before the season starts

Odd are he'll either get his stuff together and start, or not get his stuff together and be gone from the program.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: luke hawg on February 08, 2015, 10:57:47 am
QB Brandon Allen coming off a 18TD 5INT 57 completion percentage season with a new OC
RB Johnathan Williams, Alex Collins
FB Kody Walker
HB Austin Cantrell
WR Dominique Reed
WR Keon Hatcher
WR Jared Cornelius
TE Hunter Henry
TE Jeremy Sprinkle
OT Dan Skipper
OG Frank Ragnow
C Josh Allen
OG Sebastian Tretola
OT Denver Kirkland
OT backup Brian Wallace
OG backup Mitch Smothers

DE Deatrich Wise, Mitchell Loewen
DT Tiawan Johnson, Jeremiah Ledbetter
DT Bijhon Jackson, Demarcus Hodge
DE JaMichael Winston, Brandon Lewis, Tevin Beanum

LB Brooks Ellis
LB Randy Ramsey
LB Dwayne Eugene

CB Jared Collins
FS Josh Liddell
SS Rohan Gaines
CB Henre Toliver
Nickel DJ Dean

I believe we might see Mr. Cantrell playing a lot of FB before too many games, and possibly supplanting Kody as the starter by midseason.

That is IF Kody doesn't show the program as a powerful blocker CBB wants to see.  Hopefully he will.

HoggyStyle07

QB - Brandon Allen
RB- Jonathan Williams, Alex Collins
FB - Kody Walker
WR - Dominique Reed
WR - Keon Hatcher
TE - Hunter Henry
TE - Will Gragg or CJ O'Grady
LT - Dan Skipper
LG - Sebastian Tretola
C - Mitch Smothers
RG - Brian Wallace
RT - Denver Kirkland

DE - Demetrius Wise, Jeremiah Ledbetter
DT - Bijon Jackson, Tawain Johnson
WLB - Randy Ramsey
MLB - Josh Williams
SLB - Brooks Ellis
SS - Rohan Gaines
FS - Josh Liddell
CB - Henry Toliver, Jared Collins, DJ Dean (Nickel)

K - Cole Hedlund
P - Blake Johnson

KR - JoJo Robinson, Deonte Stewart
PR - Jared Cornelius
#BeUncommon #WPS

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

HoggyStyle07

Quote from: Polecat on February 09, 2015, 03:56:11 pm
Didn't BA finish the year with 20 TDs?

Yes, 18 in the regular season then 2 in the bowl game. 20 TDs 5 Ints total
#BeUncommon #WPS