Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alcohol sales net UA $26,126

Started by ricepig, February 07, 2015, 11:23:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasRazorback

Quote from: hawkhawg on February 07, 2015, 04:46:43 pm
And at War Memorial.

War Memorial just needs to go away and cant wait till after 2017 when the Hogs wont have to waste a game in LR.

hogwild6700

I'll just continue bringing my flask in.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

jmb1973

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on February 07, 2015, 07:04:35 pm
Can you explain to me why "gross" is relevant?  Seriously, if they spent $300,000 on product and labor, and ended up with $26,126 at the end, then it sounds like "govt math" to be celebrating gross when you only marginally made a profit.

To the next poster who says those seats wouldn't have been sold without alcohol available, you MIGHT be right.  I don't think either one of us know the answer to that.  I think the better product you put on the field the more butts you put in the seats -- maybe that's just me.  At some place like Vandy, maybe you do have to get people drunk in order to get them to go watch the game.....

Marginally made a profit? A 10% net return on investment or sales is great in any legitimate food service or alcohol industry.

onebadrubi

Quote from: BorderPatrol on February 09, 2015, 09:37:12 am
I am guessing, just by reading your brilliant posts in this thread, that you have no idea what "Gross" means or know much of anything about "celebrating".

bp

In his defense very few businesses will survive on 300,000 in gross revenue with a profit less than 10%.  Even if it's a secondary revenue generator, they have to weigh opportunity on that cost and it may not be worth it to tie up those kind of funds with only a <10% net profit. 

Even if it's in the expiremental stage, they will raise the profit somehow before go full fledge.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 09, 2015, 07:55:46 pm
In his defense very few businesses will survive on 300,000 in gross revenue with a profit less than 10%.  Even if it's a secondary revenue generator, they have to weigh opportunity on that cost and it may not be worth it to tie up those kind of funds with only a <10% net profit. 

Even if it's in the expiremental stage, they will raise the profit somehow before go full fledge.

While normally I would agree, we are talking about the food and beverage sector. A profit is ALWAYS a good thing.

bp

twistitup

An on campus microbrewing / distilling degree program would increase our net profits. A majority of labor will be paying students getting on the job experience and the alcohol will be branded and produced 'in house'.

In addition to campus events, these locally produced items are available at local retail outlets.

I smell profit
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DoctorSusscrofa

When you can make that much profit selling drugs who needs increases in ticket prices.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

onebadrubi

Quote from: BorderPatrol on February 10, 2015, 05:07:03 am
While normally I would agree, we are talking about the food and beverage sector. A profit is ALWAYS a good thing.

bp

Food and beverage sector is a low margin high dollar industry, but concession is not, nor do I believe a bar is.  I believe bar and concession both operate by higher margins than the food sector. 

The more I thought about this, I believe a lot of one time start up cost were probably allocated to these numbers. 

Hogfaniam

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 09, 2015, 07:55:46 pm

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2015, 09:25:27 am
I don't have the article anymore, recycle day haha, but it was in the ADG on Sat, I think. There were gross sales of $235,000+, the UofA gets 40% of gross sales, Sodhexo??, got the rest.

http://www.thv11.com/story/money/business/arkansas/2015/02/09/arkansas-business-alcohol-sales-totals-in-new-solar-field-announced/23108671/

Reading this, I saw a combined profit of $102,000 on those gross sales.  30-35% of gross is right in line and next year it will be about 40%.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Cresthog

Drinking in the stands would probably result in less episodes to be honest. Sure you'd have stuff happen every now and then but American legislators cannot handle that kind of logic.

People gunna get tanked regardless, but the binge drinking before the game to get all you can get is the real issue.

It's actually kinda difficult to get legit tanked at a game if you didn't get blasted before hand. You can only get so many beers and they cut you off early at most events anyway.

The full bars at cowboys stadium are a different story.

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: twistitup on February 10, 2015, 06:22:21 am
An on campus microbrewing / distilling degree program would increase our net profits. A majority of labor will be paying students getting on the job experience and the alcohol will be branded and produced 'in house'.

In addition to campus events, these locally produced items are available at local retail outlets.

I smell profit
Good idea but startup costs are too high. All we need to do is add wine and cheese to the menu and revenue will skyrocket  ;)

Pigsknuckles

When you boil it all down, it's not really about the money is it?. It's about this:

Quote from: Swineasaur on February 07, 2015, 02:57:58 pm
Let me drink in the stands!

It's not unlike like the ongoing marijuana, and lottery arguments. All it's really about is that some  folks simply want to partake in those activities, and use the money/profit argument to make their desire the foundation of some noble purpose.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on February 10, 2015, 09:31:56 am
Good idea but startup costs are too high. All we need to do is add wine and cheese to the menu and revenue will skyrocket  ;)

We have it already.............However to get the cheese you have to buy a whole sandwich...............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

beantownhog

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on February 10, 2015, 09:46:51 am
When you boil it all down, it's not really about the money is it?. It's about this:

It's not unlike like the ongoing marijuana, and lottery arguments. All it's really about is that some  folks simply want to partake in those activities, and use the money/profit argument to make their desire the foundation of some noble purpose.

Similar to most things, really!  If you have a desire/want/need, you try to show how the market can supply that desire/want/need, while delivering a profit to the supplier.  You typically try to put the desire/want/need in the best possible light (normal business practice).  Conversely, those who are opposed to such desires/wants/needs offer up a slippery slope of doom and destruction in order to undermine the activity (normal practice). 

The reality is that the delivery of the product is neither the panacea, nor the apocalyptic precursor promised.  In this case, the school made a decent profit (nothing earth shattering), and there were few--if any--serious repercussions.  All in all, it was business as normal.
If your tax refund equals your taxes paid in, you don't pay taxes.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: beantownhog on February 10, 2015, 10:04:45 am
Similar to most things, really!  If you have a desire/want/need, you try to show how the market can supply that desire/want/need, while delivering a profit to the supplier.  You typically try to put the desire/want/need in the best possible light (normal business practice).  Conversely, those who are opposed to such desires/wants/needs offer up a slippery slope of doom and destruction in order to undermine the activity (normal practice). 

The reality is that the delivery of the product is neither the panacea, nor the apocalyptic precursor promised.  In this case, the school made a decent profit (nothing earth shattering), and there were few--if any--serious repercussions.  All in all, it was business as normal.

Well spoken.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hoggish1

Quote from: GatorHog on February 07, 2015, 07:23:58 pm
How much is the alcohol and what kinds do they have?  Can you get something that doesn't taste like horse? 

LOL  You can drink all the Bud Lite and Lite Beer from Miller you can hold.  Won't be seeing much of the game unless there are TV monitors in the John.

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: GatorHog on February 07, 2015, 07:23:58 pm
How much is the alcohol and what kinds do they have?  Can you get something that doesn't taste like horse? 
Needs to be set up like Jerry's world. Large selection and he is taxing ass. I think I was paying $15 for Makers and coke at the aTm game.