Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema gets raise and extension

Started by ricepig, February 07, 2015, 09:29:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ldfergu

Seems it would have been more beneficial to announce this before NSD, but maybe not

ricepig

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: OTR on February 07, 2015, 09:34:31 am
It fails to mention that cbb celebrated his raise with a six pack of Falstaff and a stack of jelly sandwiches.

Good times.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

opineonswine

razorhogLR

Hoggish1

TheRazorback500

Good deal! Congrats, Coach B! WPS!

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Flying Razorback

Very cool.  I like the incentives including both athletic and academic achievement bonuses.  Those can add up to an extra $1 Million per year at the max.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

jgphillips3

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2015, 09:33:22 am
Yeah, but just middle of the back in the SEC.

What difference does it make if he likes it here, the team improves, the players make their grades and graduate and he doesn't call us "bama" at an event. I'd bet if improvement continues it will be adjusted again. He doesn't appear to be a constant job hopper like some coaches.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DOGALUM

"The Arkansas football program had a program-record 32 student-athletes named to the SEC All-Academic team for the Fall 2014 semester. The team also posted its highest grade point average ever for the fall semester in 2014."

I'm all about football like the next guy....but that's darned impressive.  The man is certainly not all talk.   
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Letsroll1200

2 SEC wins in two seasons but has shown improvements on the field. The expectations has gotten a lot bigger with his new contract.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 07, 2015, 09:52:19 am
What difference does it make if he likes it here, the team improves, the players make their grades and graduate and he doesn't call us "bama" at an event. I'd bet if improvement continues it will be adjusted again. He doesn't appear to be a constant job hopper like some coaches.

Did I say it made a difference? I was just merely stating were it would rank in the SEC, about where it should be. I agree, as the record improves, the pay will.

ricepig

Quote from: razorhogLR on February 07, 2015, 09:42:26 am
Any info on a new buyout?

Nope, I'm guessing that will take a FOI, haha. That info will be out in a day or two, maybe sooner.

FraggleHog

Tied for 4th in the SEC. That puts him in the top tier
Calling the Hogs from DFW

CattleCorn

I really like where our program is headed.  We are building a real brand and identity.  Everyone knows our brand of football, and we are getting a ton of recognition and publicity right now, because it's being shown to work.  And our recruiting is reflecting that.  Go Hogs!  :razorback:

FraggleHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 07, 2015, 09:51:36 am
That's what I would be interested in too.

Buyout starts at $15mm if arkansas fires him. $4mm if Bielema decides to leave. Both those #s decrease each year. Per Jason Carroll on Twitter. Also, the Non compete clause is extended through 2020. (Can't leave to go to another SEC school)
Calling the Hogs from DFW

MojoHog

Quote from: razorhogLR on February 07, 2015, 09:42:26 am
Any info on a new buyout?

If he leaves:
@Kurt_Voigt_AP 14 minutes ago

If Bielema leaves, the buyout is $4 million in 2015 and drops by $1 million annually until 2018. It's $500,000 in 2019 and $250,000 in 2020

If we Fire him:
‏@Kurt_Voigt_AP 15 minutes ago

@BretBielema's buyout numbers are: $15.4 million from 2015-17, then $11.7 in 2018, $7.9 in 2019 and $4 million in 2020.
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

MojoHog

Clearer picture of the buyout:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

Steef

hoghiker

Looks like a pretty dang good contract for Bielema.

hoglady

Quote from: FraggleHog on February 07, 2015, 10:23:10 am
Buyout starts at $15mm if arkansas fires him. $4mm if Bielema decides to leave. Both those #s decrease each year. Per Jason Carroll on Twitter. Also, the Non compete clause is extended through 2020. (Can't leave to go to another SEC school)

Wish the buyout numbers were more equal to both sides.
But Beliema seems happy here. I think he likes working for Jeff Long, better than he did Alvarez.
But I still don't understand why there would be such a huge discrepancy between the 2.
We need stability. Hope that Iowa job doesn't come open anytime soon.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogcard1964

Awesomeness! 

Stability

Now it's time to kick some booty!

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on February 07, 2015, 10:29:41 am
But Beliema seems happy here. I think he likes working for Jeff Long, better than he did Alvarez.
But I still don't understand why there would be such a huge discrepancy between the 2.

Yeah, I would have preferred him to have a little more stake in the early years of it, but I think it's all good in the end.

The_Iceman

I wish we could have got more on his buyout end.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2015, 10:15:14 am
Did I say it made a difference? I was just merely stating were it would rank in the SEC, about where it should be. I agree, as the record improves, the pay will.

OK. I didn't quite get your point...........My bad. Carry on.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

WilsonHog

Outstanding news. Our program is in good hands.

TX HOG

I think Our only competition could be the NFL in a few years

longpig

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 07, 2015, 10:46:10 am
I wish we could have got more on his buyout end.
Same here, I remember BP's buyout being in the double digits.  4 million is doable for a lot of programs and 1 mil is laughable.
Don't be scared, be smart.

go hogues

If he doesn't leave after this year (lots of early NFL departures) he'll probably be here for a long time. I guess that's why the buyout is higher for this season?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

WardamnHOGGLE

ricepig

Mr. Porkleone

Man....that's

$81,730.96 per week.
$2063.10 per hour based in 40 hr week

Wow.

hoglady

Quote from: TX HOG on February 07, 2015, 11:04:10 am
I think Our only competition could be the NFL in a few years

Iowa - that's the one that bothers me.
If they ever get out of that horrible contract with Ferentz - you know they'd come calling.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on February 07, 2015, 11:16:50 am
Man....that's

$81,730.96 per week.

Wow.

Who cares? 80,000 fans don't come watch a chemistry experiment.

Razorbacker79

Turn up that damn jukebox!!

Sivad

Excellent news!
Coach Bielema is the coach I want here. Woo Pig!

GatorHog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on February 07, 2015, 11:16:50 am
Man....that's

$81,730.96 per week.

Wow.

God bless that sweet chile labor

onebadrubi

Those complaining about the buyout.  4 mil will keep most away next year and even the following when it decreases.  By that point he will have already had a new contract, no way does he go through 2 more seasons without a raise the way the college pay landscape is going.  More money will come with high buyouts and security.  We will have to gradually get there but if we could hit 10 wins the donations would pour in more so than 2010-2011

forrest city joe

Well deserved. i love the way coach B is building this program on the offensive and defensive Lines. this is how championships are won in the long run. i love the job coach B is doing as our head coach.

Pork Twain

I guess that depends on what you consider middle of the pack in the SEC (assuming you meant that).

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

bigbadhog

Jeff Long is trying to legitimize his decision to hire bb.  Big contract for a guy that has won 2 sec games in 2 years. 
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

SPAL

Quote from: hoglady on February 07, 2015, 10:29:41 am

Lol. Iowa.....cmon. He isn't leaving for Iowa.

snoblind

Quote from: bigbadhog on February 07, 2015, 02:18:53 pm
Jeff Long is trying to legitimize his decision to hire bb.  Big contract for a guy that has won 2 sec games in 2 years. 

Just think, in a few years when he wins the SEC and then a NC we will give him a lifetime contract.  He will never leave.  Maybe he will outlive Paterno or Bowden.  You will have to see him on our sidelines for another 30 years, maybe longer.  The foundation will build statues around the stadium. 

Never, ever leave...

Hogfaniam

Quote from: snoblind on February 07, 2015, 03:08:28 pm
Just think, in a few years when he wins the SEC and then a NC we will give him a lifetime contract.  He will never leave.  Maybe he will outlive Paterno or Bowden.  You will have to see him on our sidelines for another 30 years, maybe longer.  The foundation will build statues around the stadium. 

Never, ever leave...

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

younghog

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 07, 2015, 02:16:02 pm
I guess that depends on what you consider middle of the pack in the SEC (assuming you meant that).

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm

LONG as CBB makes more than GUS.. I'm good..

Well deserved.

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: bigbadhog on February 07, 2015, 02:18:53 pm
Trending upward. You forgot that part.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

passinghog

Heluva raise.
Never thought I'd see the day Arkansas paid $4 million for a football coach. It's about time we start showing the type of financial commitment our program is capable of.