Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jermain Taylor stripped of IBF title

Started by Houston h, February 06, 2015, 04:24:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Houston h

I doubt he ever fights again... Will go to prison if found competent, which isn't likely.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Houston h on February 06, 2015, 04:24:28 pm
I doubt he ever fights again... Will go to prison if found competent, which isn't likely.
Sad, sad end to a very good career. Just another example of an athlete who once seemed to have it all only to p#ss it all away. I truly hope the gets whatever medical/psychological help he needs.

TrueBlue

Hopefully his psychological condition was the reason he was acting so racist in the last several years. He was very disappointing athlete to follow...

younghog

Crazy..

stating that he can't defend it.. However its not like a FIGHT is scheduled for the next few weeks..

SAD just the same
GO HOGS

secfan30

Quote from: TrueBlue on February 06, 2015, 04:33:10 pm
Hopefully his psychological condition was the reason he was acting so racist in the last several years. He was very disappointing athlete to follow...

The hand full of times I was around him I never felt that from him. There were a couple of times I was with an African American female friend and he didn't bat an eye. 

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

CattleCorn

hogcard1964

Quote from: TrueBlue on February 06, 2015, 04:33:10 pm

What did he do that made you think that?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: younghog on February 06, 2015, 06:46:27 pm
Crazy..

stating that he can't defend it.. However its not like a FIGHT is scheduled for the next few weeks..

SAD just the same

I thought he had a fight scheduled for this month before all this happened?  Maybe I dreamed that.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

The Boar War

Should have never been cleared to fight these last few fights.

But I'm guessing that's a separate law suit.

26.2Hog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 08, 2015, 07:29:55 pm
I thought he had a fight scheduled for this month before all this happened?  Maybe I dreamed that.

He did have a fight scheduled for Feb. 6 against Sergio Mora, but it was canceled a few days before the MLK parade incident because Taylor had a rib injury.

sooeey pig pig pig

You wonder about CTE from the concussions. 

TrueBlue

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 08, 2015, 07:23:45 pm
What did he do that made you think that?

Comments made in public, you tube videos, talking to him.....

sooeey pig pig pig

Quote from: mrp on February 08, 2015, 11:26:19 pm
Can't help but wonder is John Daily going to use this excuse?  Mallet taking him to the Gruden interview cost him at least 2 rounds.

Funny.  But CTE is no joke.

hogcard1964

Quote from: TrueBlue on February 08, 2015, 11:42:49 pm
Comments made in public, you tube videos, talking to him.....

I never knew he was public about that.

Mick Hogger

There's a reason Lou DiBella dropped him a few years ago. He knew his time was up and told him if he kept fighting he was going to get hurt because he doesn't take his training seriously. Looks like he knew what was coming
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: secfan30 on February 06, 2015, 07:36:12 pm
The hand full of times I was around him I never felt that from him. There were a couple of times I was with an African American female friend and he didn't bat an eye. 

While JT was never as nice of a guy as he was made out to be I never really considered him to be a real "thug" or "gangster" his recent gun play is out of character with who he used to be.

Of course, the guy got more obsessed with guns over time.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.