vin ascolese

Started by Hogules, February 06, 2015, 01:53:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogules

would be a senior this fall ....oh what could have been

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hogules on February 06, 2015, 01:53:07 pm
Please file under the "Subject that will never die" thread. Ugghhh......

Atlhogfan1

What still may be for TCU. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Pork Twain

Man if him, Austin Flynn and Kane would have only worked worked out for us...we could have won it all last year.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hawgeathawg

Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 06, 2015, 02:15:49 pm
Man if him, Austin Flynn and Kane would have only worked worked out for us...we could have won it all last year.
Agreed. I imagine Razorback stadium in unison shouting VINNY, VINNY, VINNY.  ;D I was most disappointed however to lose Kane.  Dude looked electric.  I know he wound up at SC but not sure how much impact he's been.

iharfor

What happened exactly? I remember him signing with the Razorbacks and being excited and then never heard about him again.

Boarsnest

Where is big Tex these days?

HogFansReunited

Quote from: iharfor on February 06, 2015, 02:56:48 pm
What happened exactly? I remember him signing with the Razorbacks and being excited and then never heard about him again.
Grades
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

BigE_23

Quote from: hawgeathawg on February 06, 2015, 02:50:06 pm
Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.
you would be sittin in a hot tub with your soul mate...can you still throw a ball over those mountains?

rhog1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 06, 2015, 02:04:48 pm
What still may be for TCU. 
Last thing I heard on Vin was on the TCU board was that he was having some kind of family problem and wasn't going to be able to go to TCU. But that was back around the  time we got coach Jennings i think. Hopefully it worked out for Vin. The kid certainly became a legend around here.

Hawk

Quote from: Hog N Bama on February 06, 2015, 02:52:01 pm
Agreed. I imagine Razorback stadium in unison shouting VINNY, VINNY, VINNY.  ;D I was most disappointed however to lose Kane.  Dude looked electric.  I know he wound up at SC but not sure how much impact he's been.

I saw on Cockytalk that he had graduated and wouldn't be playing this year. They had a long conversation about he wasn't used there either, but they weren't sure why.

Vantage 8 dude

The answer to your musings: little to none.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: rhog1 on February 06, 2015, 03:23:30 pm
Last thing I heard on Vin was on the TCU board was that he was having some kind of family problem and wasn't going to be able to go to TCU. But that was back around the  time we got coach Jennings i think. Hopefully it worked out for Vin. The kid certainly became a legend around here.
Perhaps THE greatest legend ever that never, ever played a down for the Hogs.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 06, 2015, 04:20:49 pm
Perhaps THE greatest legend ever that never, ever played a down for the Hogs.

I know his dad died in December which was also his HS coach in North Bergen.

LL COOL HOG

Vin is not showing up on TCU's  roster.

TrueBlue

Quote from: LL COOL HOG on February 06, 2015, 04:33:26 pm
Vin is not showing up on TCU's  roster.

Preferred walk-on for us?  ;)

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: rhog1 on February 06, 2015, 03:23:30 pm

Maybe he didn't.  He was assigned a number and talked about as potential incoming help through last Spring. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The Divine Swine

Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

atekido

Quote from: Hogules on February 06, 2015, 01:53:07 pm

remind me where is he blowing up the stats at currently?

GaryHog

Make America Great Again!!!!!!!

Jackrabbit Hog

Does Vinny count on this year's class or will he be considered part of the 2016 class?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jseinfeld50

I was most disappointed however to lose Kane.  Dude looked electric.  I know he wound up at SC but not sure how much impact he's been.

Whitehurst I think is not on the SC team now. There is mention of him in the SEC Sports section I think a JBCarol thread/post. It sounded like he was forced off the team. He walked on at SC but not sure if he was ever put on scholarship

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hawgeathawg on February 06, 2015, 02:50:06 pm

Nice one Uncle Rico.   ;D 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

ArmyOfnobunaga

Good kid. I watched one of his games this year. Played pretty hard. At least I think it was him. Same last name.

He will win in life. Last I checked he has never gotten in any trouble. Will have a degree. And has had some hard knocks that he has overcome.

Good thread.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Hog N Bama

Quote from: jseinfeld50 on February 06, 2015, 06:02:16 pm
Whitehurst I think is not on the SC team now. There is mention of him in the SEC Sports section I think a JBCarol thread/post. It sounded like he was forced off the team. He walked on at SC but not sure if he was ever put on scholarship
So no burning rubber in parking garages in Columbia eh?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jseinfeld50 on February 06, 2015, 06:02:16 pm

http://247sports.com/Player/Kane-Whitehurst-8896

Gone from SC.
Go Hogs Go!

LumberBacks

Followed Vinny a little on GOFROGS.COM last year.  As Hogvillians know, he never made it to Fayetteville upon signing a NLI (spring 2012) after failing to satisfy the NCAA clearinghouse requirements for academics.  This led to his lore and being considered the greatest Razorback that never was on HV.  In the spring of 2013, he enrolled at College of the Sequoias but did not work out with the football team.  Apparently moved home at the end of the spring and did not play football in the fall of 2014 while attending JUCO classes.  He signed a NLI with TCU in Feb 2014 (after being out of the sport for 2 years).  Apparently made it to TCU campus in the summer of 2014 but left for NJ at the end of the summer, reportedly because his grandfather was sick with cancer.  His grandfather passed away in December 2014.  Now in 2015, no one is interested in him and/or he is not interested in playing football. 

No ill will to the kid, but his recruitment was aided with a marketing blitz full of videos and write ups.  I was never convinced he was the phenom every one made him to be except for maybe his poetry.  But Johnnell was on him.  Good ol' Johnnell.

twistitup

I saw him and Chip Gregory having a beer yesterday
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

RedRock

Who is the greatest Razorback that never played?

HogFoo

Quote from: RedRock on February 07, 2015, 11:05:14 am
well as I recall Tarvaris Jackson was a red/white superstar. He just never did anything in a game.  I know one that played basketball that was perhaps the greatest  preseason player I'd ever seen. He'd score 30+ points against a Nike team and look like he was going to be the next Michael Jordan or s9mething. Then the season would start and he'd score maybe 4pts and ride the bench the rest of the season.    Landis "romeo" williams.    Hahaha
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

IUHog

I always assumed Vin was somewhere hanging out with Mantai T'eo's girlfriend.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: LumberBacks on February 06, 2015, 10:48:55 pm
But Johnnell was on him.  Good ol' Johnnell.

Pretty sure Bobby was still here when he signed.

Kevin Bacon

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 07, 2015, 12:41:36 pm
Pretty sure Bobby was still here when he signed.
Yep, same class with Otha Peters.  I met them both at the spring game they were visiting.  Both good kids.

FANONTHEHILL

If only we had Vinny, then we wouldn't have had to settle for a JUCO transfer like  Spaight. ;D
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

coach_d24

Not football, but I'd offer Andre Igudala as the greatest Razorback never to suit up!

Ragnar Hogbrok

If Wes Welker was a linebacker, Vinny would have reminded me of an Italian Wes Welker.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

twistitup

Quote from: Kevin Bacon on February 07, 2015, 03:14:43 pm
Yep, same class with Otha Peters.  I met them both at the spring game they were visiting.  Both good kids.

Wow. I bet you've never washed that hand since  shaking with those two. A special day for sure
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Kevin Bacon

Quote from: twistitup on February 08, 2015, 05:58:02 am
Wow. I bet you've never washed that hand since  shaking with those two. A special day for sure

Had to a couple of times...sad days fo sho!

rwspear

Quote from: iharfor on February 06, 2015, 02:56:48 pm

he wasnt good at football?

lewd and lascivious

Quote from: coach_d24 on February 07, 2015, 10:27:28 pm
Not football, but I'd offer Andre Igudala as the greatest Razorback never to suit up!

Al Jefferson. He at least signed a LOI.

SPAL

Quote from: RedRock on February 07, 2015, 11:05:14 am

Willie hordge

OneTuskOverTheLine™

misquoted...

Arkansas' Greatest Couldabeens.... That should get it's own thread.. LOL!!

1. Basil Shabazz
2. Mitch Mustain
3. Mameon Williams
4. Vin Ascolese
5. Eric Mitchell
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

20hog11

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 10, 2015, 10:50:52 am
misquoted...

Arkansas' Greatest Couldabeens.... That should get it's own thread.. LOL!!

1. Basil Shabazz
2. Mitch Mustain
3. Mameon Williams
4. Vin Ascolese
5. Eric Mitchell

6. Al Jefferson

goodguytex

Yup it's the offseason. Spring practice can't get here fast enough.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: LumberBacks on February 06, 2015, 10:48:55 pm
Followed Vinny a little on GOFROGS.COM last year.  As Hogvillians know, he never made it to Fayetteville upon signing a NLI (spring 2012) after failing to satisfy the NCAA clearinghouse requirements for academics.  This led to his lore and being considered the greatest Razorback that never was on HV.  In the spring of 2013, he enrolled at College of the Sequoias but did not work out with the football team.  Apparently moved home at the end of the spring and did not play football in the fall of 2014 while attending JUCO classes.  He signed a NLI with TCU in Feb 2014 (after being out of the sport for 2 years).  Apparently made it to TCU campus in the summer of 2014 but left for NJ at the end of the summer, reportedly because his grandfather was sick with cancer.  His grandfather passed away in December 2014.  Now in 2015, no one is interested in him and/or he is not interested in playing football. 

Good info. I knew some of it but not all.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

OptimusHog

Quote from: Boarsnest on February 06, 2015, 03:06:14 pm
Where is big Tex these days?

According to his Facebook he's just doing hoodrat things with his hoodrat friends while looking for a ride or die in the dirty D.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The Chief on February 07, 2015, 10:50:09 pm
If Wes Welker was a linebacker, Vinny would have reminded me of an Italian Wes Welker.

I always thought he looked like Joe Willy..!

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

usf15cc

Quote from: OptimusHog on February 10, 2015, 10:59:05 pm
According to his Facebook he's just doing hoodrat things with his hoodrat friends while looking for a ride or die in the dirty D.

What a waste of talent :puke: