Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dan Enos.............New Razorback Football OC

Started by Jeter_1, January 22, 2015, 09:32:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kennymayne

Quote from: Jrankin on January 22, 2015, 09:55:10 am
Exactly.

Pretty sure he's not gonna be the head coach here...

online-with-swine

Quote from: discombobulationist on January 22, 2015, 09:57:31 am
That's all fine and dandy, but is he bringing Joker Phillips with him? Do they have a history together? Inquiring minds want to know!

Do we bring in another coach with Florida ties and let Smith walk away?  I like Smith as a recruiter and hope he stays.

HogNdazs

I like the hire for play calling and HC experience but what about recruiting? Does he have any experience with recruiting in the South? Or any ties like that?

jkstock04

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 22, 2015, 09:56:58 am
He just needs to get rid of that fade route when going for 2.  This was not 1 of the 95+ names on the Hogville short list, so good job to all
You mean the always loud "look at me" guys on here got it wrong? Man, that's weird.

I think this is a pretty decent hire...looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Wildhog

He was one of MSU's best recruiters, but his recruiting territory is pretty exclusively Michigan.

Not that I really care about his recruiting.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

JackJohnson

Here is his total offense numbers while at CMU
RK TEAM YDS YDS/G PASS P YDS/G RUSH R YDS/G PTS PTS/G
50 Central Michigan 4677 390 3408 284.0 1269 105.8 291 24.3

57 Central Michigan 4679 390 3290 274.2 1389 115.8 271 22.6

64 Central Michigan 5122 394 3170 243.8 1952 150.2 375 28.8

111 Central Michigan 4093 341 2500 208.3 1593 132.8 279 23.3

70 Central Michigan 5175 398 3157 242.8 2018 155.2 350 26.9

ChicoHog

Quote from: bighog2255 on January 22, 2015, 09:58:43 am
Bravo sir.

Being a CMU grad myself, I can tell you I love Enos offense. Also able to get some talent to a school that is VERY hard to recruit (seriously Mt. Pleasant is in the middle of nowhere)
A guy I know has a son who played QB there (backup) a couple years ago.  Next time I see him I will ask him what his son thinks of Enos. 

Cresthog

Anything is better than Chaney. He didn't even recruit.

Wing Night>Recruiting.

hogfanssay

So his offenses were middle of the pack or worse in the MAC? Fantastic.

ricepig

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on January 22, 2015, 09:59:08 am
Football Scoop should know later today.

Waiting on Coachingsearch to tweet it.....

Boardon Hamsay

I think this is a great hire and will greatly benefit our QBs and WRs.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

pignparadise

"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

SwineGrind

I'm excited. Probably using this opportunity to get a major HC gig, but I am OK with that.  I just ask for a solid few years out of him.

OLDHOG

Sounds good to me. Coach B has more experience at this than Hogville does so I'm good.

bighog2255

Quote from: Jrankin on January 22, 2015, 09:53:03 am
26-36 at CMU...

20-18 in his last 3 years. And his issues were never on the offensive side of the ball

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: HogNdazs on January 22, 2015, 10:01:45 am
I like the hire for play calling and HC experience but what about recruiting? Does he have any experience with recruiting in the South? Or any ties like that?

He was a top 25 national recruiter prior to becoming HC at CMU.  He can recruit.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

BENJAMINX

Looks like a good one to me. Woo pig!

Tim Harris

I thought we didn't like guys who wore visors.

Sir Oinksalot

...Home run hire, dynamic coach, comes from an area of hard working people, a model of family and Country...

Congrats Coach Enos and Welcome to Arkansas !!

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

rljjr

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on January 22, 2015, 09:43:23 am
When he calls a play and it doesn't work think CBB will say 'Enos you dipstick'

Thank you for my daily chuckle. Now to go watch some Dukes of Hazzard reruns.

Tim Harris

In all seriousness this is a very good hire.

FraggleHog

Looks like we got another guy wearing a visor as the OC... haha

Calling the Hogs from DFW

LR Hog

Quote from: ChauvinistPig on January 22, 2015, 09:42:55 am
Anybody ever heard of this guy?

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/01/22/dan-enos-arkansas-central-michigan

That Bahamas Bowl game was an Instant Classic, even though only 10 fans where there to see it live.
Like a boss.

Inhogswetrust

Somethings wrong it isn't 4 o'clock yet!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hoggish1

Quote from: cmiller01 on January 22, 2015, 09:59:35 am
Seems like a great guy, excited to see what he can do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M-qQcYkyCA

Great find.  If somebody doesn't like this guy, they don't have a pulse.  I'm pumped!! GHG

Hogarusa

Quote from: idochog on January 22, 2015, 10:01:23 am
Hiring a mid-major HC for an OC position is pretty impressive.

Most guys wont step down from those positions once they get them.  They stay or look to move up as a HC elsewhere

With a 26-36 record, he wasn't moving up as a HC anytime soon.  Good and smart move by him.  Some folks are just better as a coordinator.  He was under contract until the end of 2016.

http://www.cm-life.com/article/2012/11/editorial-leadership-change-needed-with-football-program
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on January 22, 2015, 09:49:11 am
Because it isn't sexy enough for some, it appears to me to be a good hire, hopefully it turns out like Robb Smith and is a great hire.
Again, pretty much the m.o. of CBB. He doesn't necessarily go in for the "sexy" name or option. Keeps the "blue collar" kind of approach to his staff. Hopefully this works out as well (if not better) than the Robb Smith hire.

tbhogfan

I remain 0-for-forever in predicting Bielema hires. :)

I think Dan Enos is a great hire for us.
Go Hogs!

Piggfoot

Not all positive when Googled but I trust Bielema.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

longpig

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 22, 2015, 09:33:49 am
not a single person threw this name out there. Lol good deal. Congrats.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 22, 2015, 09:33:49 am
not a single person threw this name out there. Lol good deal. Congrats.

If you want to know about a coaching search or hire don't come on here. If all you want to do is have fun with it then this is the place.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hoggish1

hogcard1964

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 22, 2015, 10:10:16 am
Not all positive when Googled but I trust Bielema.

Did a damn good job last season.

I really like this hire and I remember him at Michigan St.  He was a very solid QB.

Bad News Boar

I love the hire, personally. Looks like Bielema went with a proven coach of football that is also young, energetic, and known for being a great recruiter (As seen by being ranked top 25 recruiter in college football in '09). Runs a very balanced offense that will fit what Bret wants to do nicely. WPS.
Some of the greatest poetry is revealing to the reader the beauty in something that was so simple you had taken it for granted.

cbhawg03

hawg66

Central Michigan was 8th nationally in time of possession, sounds like BB's kind of man.  He also has developed some QB's, which is needed.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 22, 2015, 10:09:34 am
With a 26-36 record, he wasn't moving up as a HC anytime soon.  Good and smart move by him.  Some folks are just better as a coordinator.  He was under contract until the end of 2016.

http://www.cm-life.com/article/2012/11/editorial-leadership-change-needed-with-football-program

Pulling up an article from November 2012? (Please refer to February 2014 when Robb Smith was hired. - a lot of opinions on that one...)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 22, 2015, 09:38:43 am
Well that name came out of nowhere.

Since Jeff has been with us there really has been only one hire that's been a name that didn't come out of left field. Mike Anderson.

I have no problem with that.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Just go to youtube and type in Dan Enos. There are a bunch of videos on him. Mic'd up, a day in the life of, etc. A lot of good stuff.

Tim Harris

He ticked my #1 want and that is someone who has spent their career coaching QBs

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on January 22, 2015, 09:59:08 am
Football Scoop should know later today.
Okay that one made me laugh out loud!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: hogfanssay on January 22, 2015, 10:14:39 am
Bielema could hire the Jr. High coach from Mena and half of you idiots would "love the hire" just because Bielema made it. I don't think it's a bad hire but it's far from a home run.

Its a productive pro style offense. No more of 2 different philosophies trying to clash together.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Wildhog on January 22, 2015, 10:02:08 am
He was one of MSU's best recruiters, but his recruiting territory is pretty exclusively Michigan.

Not that I really care about his recruiting.

You're lying  ;)

Kevin

wonder if he will coach from the sidelines or the booth
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hoggish1

opineonswine

BigE_23

Hogg_Phan

Quote from: Jrankin on January 22, 2015, 09:53:03 am
26-36 at CMU...
What is his conference record?
Don't schools like that get paid to play higher level schools and as such would explain some of the loses.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

Tim Harris

Quote from: Kevin on January 22, 2015, 10:17:36 am
wonder if he will coach from the sidelines or the booth

I wondered the same thing.  Being as he has been on the sidelines for several years as the HC I could see him staying down there.  That would make a lot of people happy having the QB coach on the sideline.