Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dan Enos.............New Razorback Football OC

Started by Jeter_1, January 22, 2015, 09:32:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeter_1

January 22, 2015, 09:32:29 am Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:40:15 am by Lanny
BREAKING | The Razorbacks have named Dan Enos offensive coordinator / QBs coach > http://bit.ly/15CICsJ  #WPS

MrKnowItAll

The University of Arkansas has named Dan Enos offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, head coach Bret Bielema announced Thursday.

Enos (pronounced Ee-nos) comes to Arkansas after five seasons as head coach at Central Michigan where he called offensive plays for the Chippewas. Throughout his career, Enos has a track record of developing offensive players. At CMU, he coached offensive tackle Eric Fisher, who became the first Mid-American Conference player to be selected No. 1 overall in the NFL Draft in 2013 by the Kansas City Chiefs. At Michigan State, Enos was the position coach for NFL draft picks Drew Stanton and Javon Ringer. He was named one of Rivals.com's Top 25 recruiters in the nation in 2009.

"We are thrilled to have Coach Enos joining us in Fayetteville," said Bielema. "Dan is a great fit for our program. He runs a pro-style offense and brings expertise at the quarterback position as both a player and coach. We played against each other in college and he was a very intelligent and talented quarterback who showed great toughness and leadership. He has an outstanding reputation and will be a tremendous asset for Razorback football."

Enos has history moving to a new environment with a senior quarterback. In 2006, he joined his alma mater, Michigan State, as the quarterbacks coach and mentored Drew Stanton, who earned team MVP honors after accounting for 2,252 total yards and 17 touchdowns as a senior. Following the season, Stanton was selected by the Detroit Lions in the second round of the NFL Draft.

In 2004, Enos became the quarterbacks coach at Cincinnati and inherited senior quarterback Gino Guidugli. He helped Guidugli finish his career as the school's all-time leading passer with 11,453 career yards, including 2,633 passing yards and 26 passing touchdowns as a senior.

"I want to thank Bret (Bielema) for this wonderful opportunity to be part of something special at the University of Arkansas," said Enos. "The challenge of winning a championship in the SEC and developing young men at the highest level of college football is very attractive. Bret and I share many of the same philosophies and I'm excited to open the next chapter of my coaching career down in Fayetteville."

RazorPiggie

not a single person threw this name out there. Lol good deal. Congrats.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ricepig

Well, I bet this doesn't make many happy.

wpswillriseagain

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 22, 2015, 09:33:49 am

How it has been lately. We need new crystal balls.

rhames

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 22, 2015, 09:33:49 am
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

SA Hog Fan

Wow. Seems like a great get!

idochog

I"m glad CBB found the fit he was looking for.  That is all that matters.

I love Jesus!

pccmizuno24

so much for inside sources

zane

Not the splashy hire but should be solid
RIP LSUfan

idochog

People haven't realized yet, leaks are worthless with CBB
I love Jesus!

ricepig

Congrats, and now coach them up!

RazorBassin

Sounds like a great fit!  WPS!

Jek Tono Porkins

I'm never listening to hogville again when it comes to assistant coaching hires. None of you know anything.

Well, this is a pretty fantastic hire, in my opinion. Most of his experience has been coaching quarterbacks and I think that's definitely what Arkansas needs the most.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Scott7703

Well that name came out of nowhere.

The Deuce™

I really like this hire. He has done great things at CMU and is a great recruiter. Good fit for us. Excellent job by CBB!

PiggoBitttys

trashcan maN

Wow...top 25 recruiter in 2009. Young, good looking coach. Puts out NFL guys and can nerd out on the QB position.

Love it..

CMU has a WR that is projected to get drafted in the 4-5 round FWIW

wildturkey8

Sometimes you need a good reach.  Like Robb Smith.

HogFansReunited

Didn't see that coming and not sure how to feel about it.  I need to research Enos a little before I decide how to feel.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

PIGZSNOUT

Quote from: idochog on January 22, 2015, 09:38:00 am
People haven't realized yet, leaks are worthless with CBB

There is no such thing as leaks with CBB and this staff. Its more like forum board members and media outlets are pissing in the wind when it comes to sensitive information.

Hoggish1

Coach Bielema does it again!  Very uncommon move...!!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

I think one reason no one was throwing Dan Enos's name out there is because he was an HC at an Mid Major FBS school.  Probably getting paid more than at CMU and maybe saw the handwriting on the wall with autonomy moves as well sucking money away from non P-5s. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

braxhog

This is actually a solid hire. Have seen them play a few times and offense was never a problem for them (at least in the games I have seen). He has had some terrific passing seasons by his QB's.

ChauvinistPig

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 22, 2015, 09:38:43 am
Has become pretty much the m.o. for CBB. He lets everyone sit around publicly  throwing out names while he does his work behind the scenes. Another reason I like the way he handles his business. Hopefully this will be this year's version of the Robb Smith hire from this past season. I number of folks were concerned that this lack of "name" wasn't going to cut it as DC. Well we all now know how THAT turned out. ;) :razorback:

trashcan maN

From a Mich State board IRT Enos:

I miss Dan Enos

I know this is beating a dead horse...but I really do. Let me put in full disclosure by saying I love MD and this staff and think they'll be fine...its just Enos seemed to bring a youthful energy that we needed to close on recruits. I'm not going to lie, back when I was 18 years old I'd probably be more enthused to have Enos recruiting me over lots of others on the staff. I feel like you need a guy like that who can kind of bridge the gap between the older coaches and kids.

I wish him nothing but the best at CMU, but he was a closer. Period. If he ever leaves Mount Pleasant, you have to get him back on this staff right away. He owned Detroit for us.

That said, Go Green! Hopefully we get some good news after this weekend.

ricepig

Dwight_K_Shrute

All you need is two words to get excited about this hire.

Gino Guidugli

Hogimus Prime

When he calls a play and it doesn't work think CBB will say 'Enos you dipstick'

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Vantage 8 dude

January 22, 2015, 09:43:32 am #32 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:06:23 am by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Scott7703 on January 22, 2015, 09:38:43 am

popcornhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 22, 2015, 09:34:46 am

Why? Good recruiter, HC experience, experienced stepping in with an upper classman at QB.

I like it.
WPS

RazorPiggie

In 2009 landed 6 4* players (all the the state of Michigan)

ArkansasI

Holy crap!  Dan is one helluva hire!

Welcome to the Hill coach!

Smokehouse

I like this hire better than any of the names that were being thrown around.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

XX

He might be a bit interesting to potential receivers...

At CMU, Enos coached standout wide receiver Titus Davis, who recently finished his career as the first receiver in FBS history to catch at least eight touchdown passes in each of his four collegiate seasons. He leaves as the school's all-time leader in receiving yards (3,705), career touchdown receptions (37) and single-season touchdown receptions (13). Davis played all four seasons under Enos.
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

pfrg999

anothes dude we've never heard of but I'm kind of okay with that ....see Robb Smith
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hoglady

Sounds like a pretty good fit to me.
Guess, we'll find out this fall.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

FraggleHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 22, 2015, 09:34:46 am

I'm happy. CMU was a solid MAC team (beat Mich. St. a time or two). Great get!
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Steef

I know as much about this guy, as I knew about Robb Smith last year.

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

RazorBassin

So we just hired a head coach as an OC.  Not a bad pick up in my book and from what I have read so far, I'm impressed!

davispard

Great hire!!!  Our offense will be much harder to diagnosis; this guy will give other defenses fits. Really, really do love the hire..!!   And, I am assuming that Coach Smith will return, and I'm very OK with that as well...

toshortrock

good for coach,seems like he didn't listen to all u want a b;s
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

WhewPig

Anything's better than Chaney

Dwight_K_Shrute

I like that the guy was an HC.  I think it gives him some authority and confidence.  Very close to Bielema's age as well looks like maybe 1 year difference.

If I had to bet I'm guessing he will work from the sideline as well which I think will be great for the QBs.

onebadrubi

No one is mentioning the 4th quarter of his bowl game this year?  34 points in the 4th to nearly win????

ricepig

Quote from: popcornhog on January 22, 2015, 09:44:25 am
Why? Good recruiter, HC experience, experienced stepping in with an upper classman at QB.

I like it.

Because it isn't sexy enough for some, it appears to me to be a good hire, hopefully it turns out like Robb Smith and is a great hire.