Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 20, 2024, 12:48:23 am

TAMU

Started by welchog, September 03, 2017, 08:49:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

welchog

Well crap!!!  I thought with having to find a new QB, they might have some issues.  Doesn't look like they may need to pass.  Their running game looks taylor made to gash us bad.  I hope I am wrong.

PorkRinds

Best. Idea. For. A. Thread. Ever.

welchog

Like the guy in the back of your avatar pic. 

welchog

I'm concerned with an Auburn redux from last year.  That early in the schedule will place a dark shadow on the rest of the season.

Großer Kriegschwein

I suggest not watching, like ever again, it's so stressful, not worth it, we'll never win it all, living through a bunch of teenagers.

I think I got your whole argument.
This is my non-signature signature.

010HogFan

Quote from: welchog on September 03, 2017, 09:03:59 pm
I'm concerned with an Auburn redux from last year.  That early in the schedule will place a dark shadow on the rest of the season.

Knee jerk

welchog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 03, 2017, 09:11:31 pm
I suggest not watching, like ever again, it's so stressful, not worth it, we'll never win it all, living through a bunch of teenagers.

I think I got your whole argument.

Been a fan since the early 70s.  Seen what was and can be.  I remember believing back then we could go undefeated every year.  Came close a few times.  Last time I actually believed that was Ryan Mallett's last year.

I'm just a realist.  Maybe we will be better than I think, but we will have to make a giant leap in defense from last year. 

PorkRinds

Well we found another realist.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 03, 2017, 09:28:10 pm

I have a way of pulling them out huh?

PorkRinds

welchog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 03, 2017, 09:28:10 pm

I guess I learned after the USCw redux.  Yes, I know.  Different coach, different team.  But in the words of The Who... We won't get fooled again!

Großer Kriegschwein

Hoggish1

Quote from: welchog on September 03, 2017, 09:26:32 pm

I'm just a realist.  Maybe we will be better than I think, but we will have to make a giant leap in defense from last year. 

Were you watching the FAMU game...?

010HogFan

What does USC have to do with anything? That was the best team in cfb history

welchog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 03, 2017, 09:35:10 pm
Were you watching the FAMU game...?

Can't really take away anything from a cupcake that didn't even play their number one QB.  We'll know if the defense is better after next week.

welchog

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 03, 2017, 09:36:23 pm

Guess you haven't watched Bama the past ten years.

010HogFan

Defense looked quicker to me. Less thinking and more reacting. That can be seen against any opponent.

SPAL

Quote from: welchog on September 03, 2017, 09:38:29 pm
Can't really take away anything from a cupcake that didn't even play their number one QB.  We'll know if the defense is better after next week.

I already know the defense is better because I can see with my own eyes that we tackled better and didn't get gashed by trash schools. That happened the last 3 tears. Not Thursday

010HogFan

Quote from: welchog on September 03, 2017, 09:39:47 pm
Guess you haven't watched Bama the past ten years.

Not talking about program. That USC would have steamrolled any of those Bama teams. BTW, don't look now but UCLA is making a run

welchog

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 03, 2017, 09:40:25 pm
Defense looked quicker to me. Less thinking and more reacting. That can be seen against any opponent.

FAMU SHOULD look slower than our SEC opponents because they ARE!

welchog

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 03, 2017, 09:42:00 pm
Not talking about program. That USC would have steamrolled any of those Bama teams. BTW, don't look now but UCLA is making a run

Like they steamrolled Texas?   Sorry.   USCw never met a defense like Bama (or LSUs for that matter).

PorkRinds

Once again TAMU melts.

welchog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 03, 2017, 09:45:09 pm
Once again TAMU melts.

Still up two scores.   We'll see.

welchog

BTW, I'd love to see them screw it up.

010HogFan

Quote from: welchog on September 03, 2017, 09:44:56 pm
Like they steamrolled Texas?   Sorry.   USCw never met a defense like Bama (or LSUs for that matter).

Regardless, I still don't see what a USC game 10 years ago has to do with anything. You're just being obtuse at this point about the defense because literally everyone thought we looked faster and more decisive with reads and angles and sound tackling. I know we Arkansas fans are homers, but we played cupcakes last season too so we definitely have an accurate frame of reference to use when talking about our defensive speed

welchog

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 03, 2017, 09:53:03 pm
Regardless, I still don't see what a USC game 10 years ago has to do with anything. You're just being obtuse at this point about the defense because literally everyone thought we looked faster and more decisive with reads and angles and sound tackling. I know we Arkansas fans are homers, but we played cupcakes last season too so we definitely have an accurate frame of reference to use when talking about our defensive speed

My point is we should look faster, more reactive, better against a far inferior team.  Let's see what happens next week with a far better opponent.

I hope we are better, but nothing is showing me we are yet.  Gotta play better competition first.

Pigasaurus

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 03, 2017, 09:36:23 pm

94-95 Huskers would kill them.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

welchog

Oklahawg

What if Sumlin is fired by then?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hview

Do you think Sumlin can survive this epic Aggie melt down?

welchog

DeltaBoy

Dang what an epic failure!  If TAMU starting QB is out long TAMU season will be over!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: welchog on September 03, 2017, 10:26:55 pm
I hope not

I hope he survives. I would hate to see them get a damn good coach like a Petrino

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 03, 2017, 10:30:13 pm
I hope he survives. I would hate to see them get a damn good coach like a Petrino

Which could be possible since I'm sure Lamar Jackson will go pro at the end of this year. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

factchecker

They have an Aggie in mind.

If Chad Morris does well then he might get the call.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ChicoHog

Much better coach than Sumlin but not nearly as good a recruiter.  We need Texas to get good quickly so the HS kids will flock back to UT instead of A&M.

ChicoHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 03, 2017, 10:37:21 pm
Which could be possible since I'm sure Lamar Jackson will go pro at the end of this year. 
He could go pro as a CB and be picked in the top ten.  As a QB he will be second round at the highest I think. 

DLUXHOG

Quote from: factchecker on September 03, 2017, 10:46:54 pm
They have an Aggie in mind.

If Chad Morris does well Johnny Football stays sober and away from strippers for a couple of days then he might get the call.

FIFY..
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 03, 2017, 10:56:01 pm
He could go pro as a CB and be picked in the top ten.  As a QB he will be second round at the highest I think. 

He will go first round and probably top 5. GMs aren't always smart when choosing QBs.  He will be the first or second qb taken.  Just remember the redskins taking RG3. They did do the smart thing in that draft though and also drafted their current starter also.  I think shannhan or whoever the head coach was made the Kirk cousins pick and the GM/Owner forced the RG3 pick. 

So I would bet on him going in the top 5 especially if 3 of the teams need QBs and he has another season similar to last year or better. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

010HogFan

Quote from: welchog on September 03, 2017, 09:59:11 pm
My point is we should look faster, more reactive, better against a far inferior team.  Let's see what happens next week with a far better opponent.

I hope we are better, but nothing is showing me we are yet.  Gotta play better competition first.

I can agree with that. I think we will be better though just from the initial look! but I could be wrong.

Inhogswetrust

Moral of the story............NEVER count victories until the game is over.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi