Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou's AJ Logan is suspended for 6 games related to NCAA academic fraud case

Started by jbcarol, September 02, 2017, 04:01:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Tod Palmer‏Verified account @todpalmer

Mizzou senior DT A.J. Logan suspended six games amid NCAA investigation:

QuoteCOLUMBIA

Missouri senior nose tackle A.J. Logan has been suspended for six games by the NCAA as part of its ongoing review of academic fraud allegations that surfaced last November.

Yolanda Kumar, a former tutor in the Tigers' Total Person Program, claimed to have performed schoolwork for more than a dozen student-athletes, including taking some online tests.

It's unclear the specifics of the allegations against Logan, but he owned up to his role in getting suspended in a statement released by Mizzou athletics.

"Please understand that I accept this penalty as a consequence of my actions and that I have fully cooperated with both the University and the NCAA throughout the review process," Logan said. "While I am saddened that I will miss the first six games of my senior year, I know in my heart that I have told the truth, cooperated with the University and NCAA, and I am now focused on working hard in the classroom and on the field in the weeks ahead."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net