Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cubs

Started by lefty08, May 04, 2015, 07:34:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

4Lions04

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 12, 2016, 09:04:12 am
Who do the rest of you Cub fans want?  The nationls or dodgers?

I'm leaning dodgers, but I'm not sure there will be much of a difference.  It will be a great NLCS either way.

I see very little difference, but I'm leaning towards the Nats. We won't see Scherzer until game 3. Kershaw would be game 2 for LA. Plus the Nats have more hard throwing RH Starters.  I'd rather face them than Kershaw and Hill.  On paper we should beat either team, but it's the playoffs. Either way it will likely be a 4-2 or 4-3 series.

hog.goblin

Quote from: 4Lions04 on October 13, 2016, 07:20:33 am
I see very little difference, but I'm leaning towards the Nats. We won't see Scherzer until game 3. Kershaw would be game 2 for LA. Plus the Nats have more hard throwing RH Starters.  I'd rather face them than Kershaw and Hill.  On paper we should beat either team, but it's the playoffs. Either way it will likely be a 4-2 or 4-3 series.

Excellent argument

TheRazorback500

8-4 as Cubbies take Game 1. Miguel Montero hits a grand slam in the eighth after the Dodgers had tied it in the top of the inning. Wow.

:razorback:

Do you wanna get Rocked?

southarkhog06

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on October 15, 2016, 11:06:09 pm
8-4 as Cubbies take Game 1. Miguel Montero hits a grand slam in the eighth after the Dodgers had tied it in the top of the inning. Wow.

:razorback:
media is ripping Robert's for the 8th, I don't get it, he made the right call blanton just didn't execute. Same with Maddon in the top of the 8th.

hog.goblin

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 16, 2016, 03:16:26 pm
media is ripping Robert's for the 8th, I don't get it, he made the right call blanton just didn't execute. Same with Maddon in the top of the 8th.

Agreed.  What was it, a 1 - 2 pitch and he just didn't spot it well

The media just doesn't understand baseball, or sports in general for that matter

southarkhog06

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 16, 2016, 03:44:23 pm
Agreed.  What was it, a 1 - 2 pitch and he just didn't spot it well

The media just doesn't understand baseball, or sports in general for that matter
it was 0-2 and he threw him a third straight slider, to a guy that has struggled with high cheese all year. I dunno what blanton and grandal were trying there.

southarkhog06

I may be wearing my blue tinted glasses, but I think we got unlucky last night. I think agons Homer was lucky to leave the yard, and I thought Kershaw got lucky a few of our swings stayed in.

hog.goblin

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 17, 2016, 08:20:31 am
I may be wearing my blue tinted glasses, but I think we got unlucky last night. I think agons Homer was lucky to leave the yard, and I thought Kershaw got lucky a few of our swings stayed in.

I agree.  Didn't feel like we earned that loss.  Let's steal the next one with big Jake and I'll feel a lot better.

McKdaddy

This nugget began circulating last night:  only 2 starting pitchers in MLB postseason have been involved in 1-0 shutouts of the cubs -- Kershaw and Babe freakin' Ruth.  Crazy trivia.  The actual stat is somewhat different since Kershaw only went 7IP.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

SpeedyHog

Quote from: Dropkick on October 12, 2016, 11:50:44 am
There is a Cardinals thread, I don't see Cub fans over there talking shizzle even though they certainly could this year with their total domination of the Central and the NL. Add that to the fact the Cards missed the playoffs all together.
They have in the past.
Call Me Trumpton.

SpeedyHog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 11, 2016, 08:42:16 pm
One thing cards and Yankees fans have in common talk about nothing but the past, worse than all these people who are suddenly royals fans.
Wrong. What is worse is all these bandwagon Cub Fans.
Call Me Trumpton.

pignparadise

Quote from: McKdaddy on October 17, 2016, 12:08:58 pm
This nugget began circulating last night:  only 2 starting pitchers in MLB postseason have been involved in 1-0 shutouts of the cubs -- Kershaw and Babe freakin' Ruth.  Crazy trivia.  The actual stat is somewhat different since Kershaw only went 7IP.
That's because they haven't been in postseason much in their history. 😅
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

southarkhog06

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 17, 2016, 02:38:10 pm
Wrong. What is worse is all these bandwagon Cub Fans.
I will actually agree with you, I'm sick of these dudes suddenly wearing Cubs gear. I'm like do you even know who mark grace is bro.

Still, it is impossible to talk baseball with most cards or Yankees fans, without "yea but x amount of ws titles!!!!!". It's sad really.

southarkhog06

Quote from: pignparadise on October 17, 2016, 04:59:08 pm
That's because they haven't been in postseason much in their history. 😅
like we told speedy, there is a cards thread to discuss teams on early vacation.

hog.goblin

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 17, 2016, 06:02:40 pm
I will actually agree with you, I'm sick of these dudes suddenly wearing Cubs gear. I'm like do you even know who mark grace is bro.

Still, it is impossible to talk baseball with most cards or Yankees fans, without "yea but x amount of ws titles!!!!!". It's sad really.

Shawon Freaking Dunston!

southarkhog06

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 17, 2016, 07:41:18 pm
Shawon Freaking Dunston!
another on the long list of Cubs could have beens.

hog.goblin

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 17, 2016, 08:32:54 pm
another on the long list of Cubs could have beens.

Couldn't lay off the slider down and away.  Otherwise he might have been a HOF'er.

southarkhog06

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 18, 2016, 12:12:26 am
Couldn't lay off the slider down and away.  Otherwise he might have been a HOF'er.
A lot like Corey "count is 3-2 so I will close my eyes and swing for the fences" Patterson.

hog.goblin

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 18, 2016, 09:46:21 pm
Well... and winning.  The past huh? So we missed the playoffs for the first time since 2010, and all we do is talk about the past?  Good freaking grief you should never post again. Oh and no one has more bandwagon fans than the Lovable Losers.  If and that's a big if, you ever win a world series, that franchise will have no identity.

You need to understand something.  The Cubbies *giggle* will never be able to talk "shizzle" to the Cardinals.  Dominating the division one year won't change that.  Dominating for 3 or 4 years won't change that.  We are the National League Franchise of the 2000s, and historically.  I understand your frustration(actually I don't), but know your place.

There is no denying the evil red machine is far and away the better run franchise over the last "history of baseball."

But post in your own thread you jackwagon.  No offense of course...

hog.goblin

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 18, 2016, 09:57:15 pm
My bad.  I didn't know we were zoned. 
But what do the Reds have to do with this? 

The reds aren't evil

southarkhog06

somebody is really butthurt their team is sitting at home.

southarkhog06

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 19, 2016, 11:30:28 am
Hahahahahaha.  Whatever makes you sleep at night.  I just hate the Cubs and their drunken fan base.
yea, nobody cares about your delicate sensibilities.

cosmodrum

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 18, 2016, 10:53:37 pm
Sumbuddy cant scwore  :(

To the tune of the Beatles hit (Can't buy me RUNS):

I'll buy you a diamond ring(get it?) my friend if it makes you feel alright
I'll get you anything my friend if it makes you feel alright
Cause I don't care too much for money, money can't buy you RUNS

I may not have a lot to give, but what I got I'll give to you
I don't care too much for money, money can't buy you RUNS
Can't buy you RUNS, everybody tells you so
Can't buy you RUNS, no, no, no, no

Say you don't need no diamond ring(get it now?) and I'll be satisfied
Tell me that you want the kind of thing that money just can't buy
I don't care too much for money, money can't buy you RUNS
Can't buy...

I'd suggest a hobby.
Go away, batin'

Dr. Starcs

In my experiences, Cardinals fans are as bad as any in baseball.

Having said that, hope the cubs choke again.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 19, 2016, 03:48:11 pm

Misery loves company?

Dropkick

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 19, 2016, 11:30:28 am
Hahahahahaha.  Whatever makes you sleep at night.  I just hate the Cubs and their drunken fan base.
Must have really p!ssed you off when the Cubs blew the rest of the Central out of the water this year after sending the Cards home last post season. Get you used to it.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Dropkick on October 19, 2016, 03:55:37 pm
Must have really p!ssed you off when the Cubs blew the rest of the Central out of the water this year after sending the Cards home last post season. Get you used to it.
haters sure were quiet till we showed signs of struggling. ::)

cosmodrum

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 19, 2016, 05:29:17 pm
I have ragged on the Cubs every chance I have gotten since the Bartman embarrassment.  That was the most disgusting thing in the history of sports.  I only recently discovered this thread.  Don't worry I won't go away.

I agree, the way Bartman was treated was pretty awful.

Oh well, Go Cubbies!
Go away, batin'

hog.goblin

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 19, 2016, 05:38:48 pm
They've never ruined a fans life to explain away their team choking. Cubs fan are drunken baboons.  I've watched them roll out of Busch like they won the World Series in mid June, with their heels firmly dug into the cellar.  And that city, as a whole, is a failed state inside the borders of the United States of America.  I've just never understood the media's love affair.  It's just not American to love a loser.

Why are you still here?

SpeedyHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 19, 2016, 03:48:11 pm

Wrong. Every fan base has a few bad apples.
Call Me Trumpton.

hog.goblin

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 19, 2016, 06:07:57 pm
Oh goodness.  Here comes the thread police.  Ok.  I'll let you guys enjoy your game.  Carry on.

no, just tired of you.  go be a jerk anywhere else and I'm fine with it

southarkhog06

I love Wilson Contreras.

ChicoHog

I haven't shown my face for a while but since my Dodgers are doing well I thought I would come back.  Thank god the Cubs bats have gone dormant.  I hope we win tonight with Urias as I have no faith in Maeda plus you guys have Lester tomorrow who I'm sure we will have problems hitting him.  Maeda is an ok fifth starter but not a top 3 guy. 

southarkhog06

And that's been our nlcs in a nutshell, Russell absolutely crushed that ball....right to toles. Then Gonzalez gets jammed and the ball finds a way through the infield.... through the shift.

southarkhog06

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 19, 2016, 07:47:55 pm
I haven't shown my face for a while but since my Dodgers are doing well I thought I would come back.  Thank god the Cubs bats have gone dormant.  I hope we win tonight with Urias as I have no faith in Maeda plus you guys have Lester tomorrow who I'm sure we will have problems hitting him.  Maeda is an ok fifth starter but not a top 3 guy.
I'm not gonna lie you guys got hosed on that call.

hog.goblin

I'm not sure why they were holding Montgomery but I'll take it.

cosmodrum

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 19, 2016, 06:30:40 pm
no, just tired of you.  go be a jerk anywhere else and I'm fine with it

He's been dropping doosh bombs all over the board the past couple days. There's one in every crowd.
Go away, batin'

hog.goblin

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 20, 2016, 12:22:27 am
He's been dropping doosh bombs all over the board the past couple days. There's one in every crowd.

I'm beginning to notice the pattern

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 20, 2016, 02:11:42 pm
:o

Ah, c'mon, I just like having an excuse to post a Big Lebowski gif
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 20, 2016, 03:43:17 pm
I just put that there to hold my post because I couldn't get my gif to work.  I am a terrible troll.

*tucks tail and walks away*

ha! hang in there, you'll get better.  ;)
Go away, batin'

southarkhog06

Lester was having trouble with location in that inning so the Dodgers.............bunt Pedersen???

ChicoHog

Blanton threw a horrible pitch to Russell and he killed it.  Then he had Ross 0-2 and hangs another one.  I think we are going to Chicago down 3-2.  I still like our chances with Kershaw and Hill.  Should be good fun.  Downside is the Hog game will be in the second half when baseball game starts.  Have to flip back and forth between my two favorite teams I guess. 

southarkhog06

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 20, 2016, 09:50:39 pm
Blanton threw a horrible pitch to Russell and he killed it.  Then he had Ross 0-2 and hangs another one.  I think we are going to Chicago down 3-2.  I still like our chances with Kershaw and Hill.  Should be good fun.  Downside is the Hog game will be in the second half when baseball game starts.  Have to flip back and forth between my two favorite teams I guess.
I almost feel bad for blanton, but yea his sliders have been our mvp.

southarkhog06

Javier Beaz my be the best infielder I have ever seen.

cosmodrum

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 20, 2016, 10:16:58 pm

He really is incredible
Go away, batin'

4Lions04

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 20, 2016, 10:16:58 pm

His hands are unbelievable. And the craziest part is that he is a natural lefty! How does that even work? He is a freak! And the best part is that as good as he is, Russell is just as solid at SS. We have a really really good defense. And that is why we won over 100 games this year. And will for at least a couple more years.

southarkhog06

Quote from: 4Lions04 on October 21, 2016, 07:05:58 am
His hands are unbelievable. And the craziest part is that he is a natural lefty! How does that even work? He is a freak! And the best part is that as good as he is, Russell is just as solid at SS. We have a really really good defense. And that is why we won over 100 games this year. And will for at least a couple more years.
I won't predict winning 100 for the next few years as it is incredibly hard to win 100 once, much less a few times in a row. I do agree that we could have the best defensive infield in the majors for the foreseeable future.

CabotHog87

ONE. MORE. WIN.

I haven't been able to say that since 2003. I've had my hotel in Chicago booked for about a month and a half now for games 4 and 5 next Saturday and Sunday, and now we're just one win away.

ChicoHog

Quote from: CabotHog87 on October 21, 2016, 12:39:15 pm
ONE. MORE. WIN.

I haven't been able to say that since 2003. I've had my hotel in Chicago booked for about a month and a half now for games 4 and 5 next Saturday and Sunday, and now we're just one win away.
Hopefully you booked a chain hotel and can switch the reservation to LA!