Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gene Chizik to be new DC?

Started by navyhog24, December 08, 2017, 08:25:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

navyhog24

Just passing along what I have heard...

DeltaBoy

I would not be surprised.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hawgon

Good coach and lots of connections to Texas and the Southeast. 

Why was he fired at UNC after they went 11-1 and the defense had improved so much?

devildoghawg

Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

TDHawgs

That'd be awesome, he was always a great DC!

Dugann

he was a good DC would not be the worst hire there.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

PonderinHog

Quote from: hawgon on December 08, 2017, 08:31:05 am

Why was he fired at UNC after they went 11-1 and the defense had improved so much?
Somebody had to pay for their sins and it wasn't going to be Ole Roy ???

BigE_23

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/02/gene_chizik_steps_down_at_unc.html

He stepped down to spend time with family.

Hog Waller

I definitely could see him being the one based on what is 'realistically' available out there.

jackflash

Cale

I'm thinking Chizik has a fire inside him to stifle The Gus Bus offense.
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

Been10Hog

justmakeit2thebcs

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-gene-chizik-mike-bianchi-0506-story.html

UofA_Hogs

I think he would like the chance to drum ole Gus.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Been10Hog on December 08, 2017, 08:36:02 am
Maybe he's sick of his family now and wants to "get away" ;)
His son has one more year of HS football in Auburn.  Family never moved when he went to UNC

rljjr

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 08, 2017, 08:32:38 am
Somebody had to pay for their sins and it wasn't going to be Ole Roy ???

Ol' Roy. Good dog food.

The Hawg Marshal

He did say this yesterday.

Gene Chizik‏Verified account @CoachGeneChizik
20h20 hours ago

For those of you doubting the Chad Morris hire, do your homework. You obviously haven't seen his teams play. He is a stud. Can't judge the hire by his record alone. When he inherited SMU, it was a dumpster fire. One of the best hires of the offseason.  @RazorbackFB @SECNetwork
53 replies 721 retweets 2,905 likes

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on December 08, 2017, 08:41:57 am
His son has one more year of HS football in Auburn.  Family never moved when he went to UNC

That makes me wonder, unless they're willing to move this time.

jgphillips3

He was a very good DC.  He knows the SEC.  I'm totally cool with that hire.  Not to mention he can show kids that national title ring and they have seen him on TV...that never hurts in recruiting.

colbs

He's a good DC and would be a good hire.  I'm not sure It is him though because CCM said their base would be an odd front.  Doesn't Chizik run a 4-3?

Porknoxville

He would receive a nice payday, he knows the sec inside and out and would be given most likely associate HC title and heavy input on hiring his staff. I would absolutely love that hire!
Almost too good.
Go hogs!

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: BigE_23 on December 08, 2017, 08:32:53 am

This. Hes made his money, now he wants to enjoy it and spend time with family. Don't see him wanting to get back into coaching by rebuilding a program

Kenny Hawgins

Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

the 1 and only

Outstanding knows how to defend  the sec west
molon Labe

Use your rights before you lose them

nwahogfan1

Quote from: navyhog24 on December 08, 2017, 08:25:54 am
Just passing along what I have heard...

Guess or facts?  Would love it.

Hawg414

i'd be on board with the idea of Chizik as DC.  however, as a defensive minded coach, isn't he opposed to the up tempo style?  he won a NC at Auburn with up tempo and Malzahn as his OC, but the reason he was fired 2 years later is bc he scrapped the whole up tempo thing and tried to convert to a power, I formation, ball control team.  with disastrous results. 

point being, i dunno that he is on board with up tempo. 

DuckTalesLOL

North Carolina was in the 70's and 80's in defense rankings in 2016... Why do we want him again? Morris said he wanted the best...

RedyorNot

Apparently he's on Bama's short list along with Kevin Steele and John Chavis if Jimbo doesn't keep him at A&M

hog911

I can get on board with that hire!

raiderhog

I heard the reason they went to the pro style was because the GOBN and Pat Dye at Auburn wanted a more pro style offense. It did not work out and they fired Chizik and hired Gus. I bet he is ready to coach again.

buldozer

hawgon

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on December 08, 2017, 09:08:44 am
North Carolina was in the 70's and 80's in defense rankings in 2016... Why do we want him again? Morris said he wanted the best...

Because the year before they were almost dead last.

swinesation

Quote from: BigE_23 on December 08, 2017, 08:32:53 am

Reading the article, it would be kind of shocking for him to jump back into coaching ten months later. I could see him maybe doing it a year from now when he son graduates high school.

hogcards

+1000

This would be a GREAT hire!
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Little Lady Back

My son and I were discussing Chizik last night. We both agreed that he would be a good choice for defensive coordinator.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Tejano Jawg

And maybe we just can't enough 'Iowa State.'
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Mark_Freeman

Quote from: Cale on December 08, 2017, 08:35:53 am
I'm thinking Chizik has a fire inside him to stifle The Gus Bus offense.

Excellent point.

The_MardDog

Quote from: UofA_Hogs on December 08, 2017, 08:36:12 am
I think he would like the chance to drum ole Gus.

I think so too.  I was watching SECN when they reported Gus accepting the extension.  You could see the fire and grit in his eyes.  If he came here it wouldn't be about money, it would be about knocking some heads, especially heads that wear white, navy, and orange helmets. 

CiriusPorker

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

I've noticed that CM likes to surround himself with men who are strong on family and faith.  I think that translates well to the team, the locker room and the field.  Chizik definitely fits that same mold.

Hawginj

Wouldn't hurt my feelings. Better than Chavis imo

theFlyingHog

If he isn't working then why hasn't he been named our DC yet?

Dark Helmet Hog

Sounds like a good hire to me. The Auburn game may not just get circled but underlined too.

Bubba's Bruisers

I assume Chizik is also an ace recruiter.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hugo Bezdek

Hugo Bezdek

porque

hawgdeere48

I am curious as to what environment you heard this in. In passing? Players talking about it? Booster? That would help determine some, if any validity. Not questioning you whatsoever and not intending my post to be anything but an attempt to settle my peaked curiosity! Thank you!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: porque on December 08, 2017, 10:19:21 am
He was at Auburn.  :)

Never heard of Chizik or this Auburn you speak of.  Can you elaborate?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15