Dropkick

Hawginj

I would take 4 on that list over Gus.

Been10Hog

Surprised the current HC didn't even get a mention

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Been10Hog on November 17, 2017, 01:29:31 pm
Surprised the current HC didn't even get a mention

He probably thinks he's getting a contract extension and a raise.. can't wait to see that befuddled look when reality sets in.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

bphi11ips

Quote from: Hawginj on November 17, 2017, 01:26:46 pm

That's 2 points higher than your IQ.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

duckman

Been10Hog

duckman

Quote from: Been10Hog on November 17, 2017, 01:51:16 pm
Really....Hawginj seems like a one trick pony

He is, as long as it isn't Gus he is all in....

Been10Hog

Quote from: duckman on November 17, 2017, 01:52:11 pm
He is, as long as it isn't Gus he is all in....
And....it's beginning to look like Hawginj is not going to have a very good Christmas

Hawginj

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 17, 2017, 01:48:47 pm
That's 2 points higher than your IQ.
my IQ would warp your fragile little mind.

Hawginj

Quote from: duckman on November 17, 2017, 01:49:39 pm
Shocker...
wow duck!!! From the Grude dude to  head Gussie? I never would have believed you weren't a Hog fan!

Hawginj

Quote from: Been10Hog on November 17, 2017, 01:52:47 pm
And....it's beginning to look like Hawginj is not going to have a very good Christmas
I'm not too worried about Christmas but i will worry about you gents when it turns out to be all a nother Sexton hoax but don't fret ill sit with you and get you through suicide watch!

duckman

Quote from: Hawginj on November 17, 2017, 02:06:30 pm
wow duck!!! From the Grude dude to  head Gussie? I never would have believed you weren't a Hog fan!

Nope far from it, I just know there aren't four better names on that list.  He wouldn't be my first choice, neither would Norvell.

NuttinItUp

What book is this on, or are you just making numbers up?

NuttinItUp

How is Jerry Jones mentioned? That is just throwing your money away.

davril98

interesting that Leach is the favorite

Hawginj

Quote from: duckman on November 17, 2017, 02:14:13 pm
Nope far from it, I just know there aren't four better names on that list.  He wouldn't be my first choice, neither would Norvell.
I never said names whats a name got to do with anything? Fit is what it's about nothing more nothing less and yes there are 4 better fits other than Gus if a name is all thats important lets keep Bret.

Hawginj

Leach, Kiffin, Norvell, and Frost are all better fits. Their style would match  the kids in the program now and the kids in our region we can recruit.

lumphog

If we pass on Leach...... it will be a mistake

Bacons Rebellion

#5 out of 13.

So Gus is one your favorites, then.

Hawginj

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 17, 2017, 02:33:27 pm
#5 out of 13.

So Gus is one your favorites, then.
Gus is in my top 6 i dont hate him. I think he's a fine coach. I just don't think his style of play will make Arkansas any better than they have been in the last 10 years.

TrueBlue

Quote from: duckman on November 17, 2017, 02:14:13 pm

Who is your choice Duck?

duckman

duckman

Hawginj

Baconomics

"If you get 10,000-to-1 odds on anything, you take it.  If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I'm going to be a very rich man." - Kevin Malone, "The Office"

ur

Didn't I read somewhere that Long had Leach coming to replace BB before he got the axe? Also, Vegas may be thinking that Gus beats bama and Geo and decides to stay to win the natty. Norvell gets an offer he can't refuse to florida or tenn, therefore Leach is the fav.  Please no Lester. I will be done.

ipigsooie

Disturbingly enough, Norvell has move up more than 50% on UT odds and now is 2nd favorite to Gruden. I'm going to be mad if we miss out on him messing around with Gus.

Paul

I favor a up & comer.  Frost & Campbell probably less than realistic.  Norvell is very realistic. 

007 License To Squeal

Really??  Who would have guessed??
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Hawginj on November 17, 2017, 02:48:15 pm
Gus is in my top 6 i dont hate him. I think he's a fine coach. I just don't think his style of play will make Arkansas any better than they have been in the last 10 years.

The Hogs were certainly better than now when Gus the OC....

Hawginj

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 17, 2017, 03:32:44 pm
Really??  Who would have guessed??
one day I promise you will learn about football I believe you can do it and when you do you can come tell me all about it. It would be much a better conversation than I LOVE GUS! HE'S THE BEST!

Hawginj

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 17, 2017, 03:34:28 pm
The Hogs were certainly better than now when Gus the OC....
very true but every coach/ team Arkansas has ever had since way back in the 1800's were better than what we have now...eveyone.... Do you want better than we have now? Or the best we can get?

247Hog

I thought we had a poster say Tim Horton was going to get a serious look from the GOBN doing the hiring? I don't see his name though. I must have overlooked it.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

NuttinItUp

Quote from: nesjunk on November 17, 2017, 03:10:59 pm
"If you get 10,000-to-1 odds on anything, you take it.  If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I'm going to be a very rich man." - Kevin Malone, "The Office"

+1 for The Office quote.

Technically, however, it is not 10,000 to 1 odds for Jerry Jones.

A +10,000 is converted to 100-to-1 odds.

(Note: I did not do the math myself; Vegas odds always confuse me so I googled an odds converter and put it in there.)

Anyway, anyone giving Jerry Jones a 1% chance of being our head coach needs to have their head examined.

Dwight_K_Shrute

They have already changed the name of Ben's Apartment to The Crows Nest. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PigInTheHole

12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

MC_Hog

NuttinItUp

ur

NuttinItUp

Jackson_64

Quote from: Hawginj on November 17, 2017, 02:48:15 pm

Wouldn't be upset at all if Gus was it. Gotta remember there is a very good chance this has been leaked to get the Gus Bus a big a$$ raise. This is not the first time (gundy) nor will it be the last.

We should all be very excited to get Gus one day, when we could just as easily be getting a Jim Grobe the day after that falls through.
Lane Kiffin.

And it is way closer to happening then you think.

Way closer.

PRJ

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 17, 2017, 03:48:11 pm
They have already changed the name of Ben's Apartment to The Crows Nest. 

LOL!!!   Good Job there.....

ChicoHog

Quote from: lumphog on November 17, 2017, 02:28:32 pm
If we pass on Leach...... it will be a mistake
if we hire Leach it would be a HUGE mistake.  he can't recruit, doesn't want to talk football, can't recruit, doesn't want to play defense, can't recruit!  We will go from middle of the pack or lower in recruiting to bottom of the barrel.