Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Expect the Unexpected

Started by hogwild6700, November 13, 2017, 02:22:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwild6700

Assuming a coaching search takes place (which I am pretty confident will happen) after the season adjourns - I would be very surprised if we end up with one of the coaches mentioned on this board.

These Coaching Searches almost never go as planned (not just Arkansas). Think about the Coaching Searches and the names that have been thrown around. With the exception of Mike Anderson coming back to Arkansas - every single hire has been a head scratcher. When CBB was hired his name was one of the few that hadn't been brought up.

I hope we knock it out of the park with the next hire BUT history tells us that this will not go as planned.

Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

HF#1

I'd be shocked if we get any of the names mentioned on this board. Which takes talent since every D1 head coach and some high school coaches will have been named by the time we hire someone.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

311Hog

i expect Coach Beliema's windbreaker will coach the team next year....

MC_Hog

It's because the coaches named on here are leaked as a smoke screen or they are leaked by agents. Everyone needs to remember Jimmy Sexton is Gus Malzahn's agent. Remember how we were always hearing Houston Nutt was always going to leave and when he really did leave you never heard anything about it until he resigned.  The Razorback fan base is being played by Jimmy Sexton again!

Razorbackers

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 02:25:20 pm
I'd be shocked if we get any of the names mentioned on this board. Which takes talent since every D1 head coach and some high school coaches will have been named by the time we hire someone.

idk, I'm sure we've at least reached out to Norvell's people. Same as several others mentioned here.

slappy

Quote from: 311Hog on November 13, 2017, 02:27:10 pm

Sporting the same blank look...

ipigsooie

Quote from: MC_Hog on November 13, 2017, 02:40:02 pm
It's because the coaches named on here are leaked as a smoke screen or they are leaked by agents. Everyone needs to remember Jimmy Sexton is Gus Malzahn's agent. Remember how we were always hearing Houston Nutt was always going to leave and when he really did leave you never heard anything about it until he resigned.  The Razorback fan base is being played by Jimmy Sexton again!

You mean jimmy sexton plays the media to get his guys a raise? Never! I cant believe so many people on here realistically think that Gus is coming.  Yeah he is coming. In 2 years when we play auburn in fayetteville he will be back.

HF#1

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 13, 2017, 02:52:07 pm
idk, I'm sure we've at least reached out to Norvell's people. Same as several others mentioned here.

I'm not as confident as the current coach has yet to pack his crap.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

havok

....And win one or 2 more games than this past year..

Razorbackers

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 03:23:01 pm
I'm not as confident as the current coach has yet to pack his crap.

Do you quit your job and then send out resumes?

HF#1

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 13, 2017, 04:02:05 pm
Do you quit your job and then send out resumes?

I'm saying he hasn't been fired. Bielema isn't going to quit.

MC_Hog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 13, 2017, 03:02:06 pm
You mean jimmy sexton plays the media to get his guys a raise? Never! I cant believe so many people on here realistically think that Gus is coming.  Yeah he is coming. In 2 years when we play auburn in fayetteville he will be back.

Sarcasm.....my favorite thing & +1

jackflash

not sure Arkansas will be willing to deal with jimmy sexton

hogwild6700

This isn't just at Arkansas though. Sport in General - the "obvious" hire never seems to pan out.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

clutch

Quote from: jackflash on November 13, 2017, 05:01:13 pm
not sure Arkansas will be willing to deal with jimmy sexton

No choice. He's the agent of almost all coaches nowadays.

hoggusamoungus

That was the same advice Dalton gave all the bouncers in Roadhouse. Words of wisdom to live by.

BroyledNutts

Expect the unexpected ...

I expect both Jeff Long and Bret Beliema to return next year.

That's about the most unexpected thing I can think of.

grayhawg

Quote from: BroyledNutts on November 14, 2017, 02:15:32 pm
Expect the unexpected ...

I expect both Jeff Long and Bret Beliema to return next year.

That's about the most unexpected thing I can think of.
If CBB stays there will be rioting in the streets.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: clutch on November 14, 2017, 08:31:39 am
No choice. He's the agent of almost all coaches nowadays.
He's really not.  Unfortunately he is the agent for most of the Mike Norvell type coaches nowadays.

NoogaHog

When Petrino and Bielema were hired, they were both on absolutely no one's radar. So, my thinking is that, if I put names of coaches I don't want out there, then they won't get the job. The downside (or upside depending on your perspective) is if one of them does get the job, then I can look like a genius, like "I called that play, brutha!"

So, here goes:

I'm hearing these names out on the street: (I'm not sure why people on the streets in the rural NW Georgia mountains are talking about the potential new Arkansas head football coach, but that is beside the point.)

Bo Pelini
Mike Riley
Les Miles
Jim Grobe
Brady Hoke
Greg Schiano
Jim McElwain
Kevin Sumlin
Paul Petrino
Paul Haynes
Garrick McGee
The Rotting Corpse of Bear Bryant

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Sugar Free Hog

Quote from: NoogaHog on November 14, 2017, 04:25:49 pm
When Petrino and Bielema were hired, they were both on absolutely no one's radar. So, my thinking is that, if I put names of coaches I don't want out there, then they won't get the job. The downside (or upside depending on your perspective) is if one of them does get the job, then I can look like a genius, like "I called that play, brutha!"

So, here goes:

I'm hearing these names out on the street: (I'm not sure why people on the streets in the rural NW Georgia mountains are talking about the potential new Arkansas head football coach, but that is beside the point.)

Bo Pelini
Mike Riley
Les Miles
Jim Grobe
Brady Hoke
Greg Schiano
Jim McElwain
Kevin Sumlin
Paul Petrino
Paul Haynes
Garrick McGee

You forgot Butch Jones!
Razorbacks-Grizzlies-Titans-Red Sox

Dwight_K_Shrute

Their were no leaks of the BB or BP hires because Jeff Long played it close to the vest, and GOBN wasn't involved.

If Jeff is not involved or leading the hire then it's most likely not just going to be one person responsible and as has been made mention the GOB's and PTB's see it as an opportunity to have a say.

With this being the case I wouldn't be surprised at all if once it is all said and done it's the worst kept secret in the state, and a name mentioned on the board was hired.  These are different times with different people involved.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

NoogaHog

parallaxpig

Quote from: MC_Hog on November 13, 2017, 02:40:02 pm

Somebody dropped a Gruden on the front lawn..........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

parallaxpig

Quote from: NoogaHog on November 14, 2017, 04:25:49 pm

So, here goes:

Bo Pelini
Mike Riley
Les Miles
Jim Grobe
Brady Hoke
Greg Schiano
Jim McElwain
Kevin Sumlin
Paul Petrino
Paul Haynes
Garrick McGee

The question you should be asking yourself is who does Jerry Jones want...........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

BroyledNutts

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 14, 2017, 04:49:19 pm
The question you should be asking yourself is who does Jerry Jones want...........

Assuming Jones gets ousted by the NFL owners' association - could he become an AD candidate?

( kind of tongue in cheek, kind of not )

NoogaHog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on November 14, 2017, 04:53:32 pm
Assuming Jones gets ousted by the NFL owners' association - could he become an AD candidate?

Uh, no. Why would he want to work to fix problems when he can just use money to fix problems?

hawgball40

hogwild6700

How humorous would it be if we FINALLY got Butch Jones as HC!? He has been listed as a "potential candidate" for the past 4 coaching searches.

Hawg Life

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 14, 2017, 04:49:19 pm

Norvell..

imtad16

I just don't want the retread that has just had moderate success.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: hogwild6700 on November 18, 2017, 03:21:46 pm
How humorous would it be if we FINALLY got Butch Jones as HC!? He has been listed as a "potential candidate" for the past 4 coaching searches.

Wrong Butch bud

ipigsooie

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 18, 2017, 03:38:26 pm
Wrong Butch bud

I'm sure we could have either butches at this point. Lol. Not sure either will be highly sought after

HogT

But the windbreaker would not have gone for it on 4 and 2 with a tie game and almost four minutes left to play.
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

ipigsooie

Quote from: HogT on November 18, 2017, 05:26:13 pm
But the windbreaker would not have gone for it on 4 and 2 with a tie game and almost four minutes left to play.

I think the windbreaker would do well. It's proven it can handle a lot of pressure. Well the buttons have anyway.

scaldedhog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 13, 2017, 03:02:06 pm
And he'll be coaching the HOGS! WPS!
Make Arkansas Football great again

hawgball40

I'm not expecting BP to be hired  ;)

Roctavious

Someone named Bielema as our next coach in some thread a week or two before he was named. Since it wasn't a post talking about Gruden, Petersen, Patterson, or Butch Davis, it got ignored. The only time that I saw his name associated with the job anywhere. Wish I could find out who that soothsayer was.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Roctavious on November 18, 2017, 07:36:50 pm
Someone named Bielema as our next coach in some thread a week or two before he was named. Since it wasn't a post talking about Gruden, Petersen, Patterson, or Butch Davis, it got ignored. The only time that I saw his name associated with the job anywhere. Wish I could find out who that soothsayer was.
Every coach in America either employed, unemployed , unemployable or deceased gets named on here. You can't pay attention to all of them.

Roctavious

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 18, 2017, 07:45:08 pm
Every coach in America either employed, unemployed , unemployable or deceased gets named on here. You can't pay attention to all of them.

You missed the point. ONE person on this board during the entire season and coaching search stated that Bielema was going to be the next coach. One person, in one post. Whoever that dude was, he called it. It proves the point of this post. Expect the unexpected . . . .

holman24

Hey we wanted Anderson a native and we got him and now w want another native go get him dang it