Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Article on Mike Norvell choosing Arkansas over UF

Started by ipigsooie, November 01, 2017, 10:37:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyHogs

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 02, 2017, 02:29:31 pm
It's not as easy as Hogville posters would like to make it.

Truer words have never been more spoken.

CBB will be the coach here next year unless he leaves on his own.  I believe he truly loves his players and will not abandon them.

Go Hogs!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 03, 2017, 06:29:56 pm
Fyi, Memphis is at Tulsa tonight on the deuce.

And drilled them. Was very entertaining game. Held Tulsa to 14 at home
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 01, 2017, 02:49:34 pm
What do you mean by "accepted"?  Is it the term accepted by Arkansans as the official reference to a person from Arkansas?  No.  Here, among other things, is what is written at the link:

"noun, Slang: Usually Disparaging and Offensive"

The accepted term for a person from Arkansas is "Arkansan".  "Arkie" is a term that arose in pop culture during the dust bowl.  "Arky" is a recent and offensive reference to the state of Arkansas, the Razorbacks football team, and/or the University of Arkansas.

Look - if you didn't know this when you titled this thread, no big deal.  To act as if the rest of us who educated you on it don't know what we are talking about doesn't make any sense.  Fix the title of the thread and move on.

And avoid calling posters here "snowflakes" and the like until you get to know us a little better.

Many people, not myself, but many natives of this state are offended by "Arkansan." They usually prefer "Arkansawyer" which I myself think sounds rustic. What about that?
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 01, 2017, 12:14:11 pm
Yep hiring any coach is basically a crap shoot.

If this is true then why did they fire Long?