Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

247Sports 2020 Class Rankings

Started by Razorod, July 09, 2018, 03:23:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

Here it is: https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Notable Hog Recruits:

Jalen Johnson: 6
Moses Moody: 37
Bryce Thompson: 52
Nick Ongenda: 73
Gerald Doakes: 95
Chris Moore: 103
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

hogwood

Great to see Chris Moore get rated. I would be happy with getting the bottom 3 on this list, though I think we have a good chance to land 1 of the top 3 as well.

HogCzar1

Which of the top 3 do we have a realistic chance at?

MakingPlays

Quote from: hogwood on July 10, 2018, 07:17:11 pm
Great to see Chris Moore get rated. I would be happy with getting the bottom 3 on this list, though I think we have a good chance to land 1 of the top 3 as well.

Agreed.  I think the 2020 class will end up being a 3 player class for us.  We have the 1 Bailey scholarship, then probably figure 2 transfers.  Moody, Doakes, and Moore are probably the top 3 targets.  I haven't heard much on how much interest is in Ongenda, but if we can land any 3 on that list that would be a great class.

Hawg Red

Toocool21

We have to be ready for the surprise one and dones... Gafford could've been one and we were really close to getting Zhaire Smith and Trae young...this year we didn't miss on the players we wanted... I wouldn't b surprised if some of them are better than we expect...

hogwood

Quote from: HogCzar1 on July 10, 2018, 09:06:16 pm
Which of the top 3 do we have a realistic chance at?

Moody and Thompson. I have no idea about Johnson.

hogwood

Quote from: MakingPlays on July 11, 2018, 02:46:59 am
Agreed.  I think the 2020 class will end up being a 3 player class for us.  We have the 1 Bailey scholarship, then probably figure 2 transfers.  Moody, Doakes, and Moore are probably the top 3 targets.  I haven't heard much on how much interest is in Ongenda, but if we can land any 3 on that list that would be a great class.

I figure it's a 3-4 player class.

I think we bring in 3 in 2019 somehow, including Hill. Looks like PF Victor Iwuakor will be one of the 3 as well. That's a PG and a PF. I see us either getting a C or a 3/4 to round it out. So if we get Moody, Doakes, Moore, and Ongenda, that would get all the bases covered. Jaylin Williams, another C we have offered, may reclassify to 2021.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Toocool21 on July 11, 2018, 11:16:15 am
We have to be ready for the surprise one and dones... Gafford could've been one and we were really close to getting Zhaire Smith and Trae young...this year we didn't miss on the players we wanted... I wouldn't b surprised if some of them are better than we expect...

We never had a shot at Trae Young

Toocool21

Razorod

Quote from: hogwood on July 11, 2018, 11:23:24 am
Moody and Thompson. I have no idea about Johnson.
We'll probably know something about Johnson and Thompson by August when these recruits usually announce the schools they intend to visit. If we're on the list of five schools to get official visits from them, then we're in the hunt.

Right now, Garland getting cleared or not will impact how and who Anderson recruits.

If Garland is cleared, the Hogs will be a bit congested at the three guard slots--Harris, Embery, Sills, Joe, Jones, Phillips and Garland. Seven players all bunched together in the freshmen/sophomore class.

Plus, Justice Hill is committed. If no attrition occurs, that's eight players vying for time at three positions going into the 19-20 season, with none being seniors.

Obviously, some form of attrition will occur. Garland might not get cleared, Hill might opt for football, we might have a two-and-done player or two among the guards, somebody gets tired of sitting on the bench and looks for greener pastures somewhere else, injuries, etc.

Here's what I sorta hope happens:

a two-player class in 2019--Hill, Iwuakor
a three-four player class in 2020--Moody, Doakes, Ongenda, Moore
Jaylin Williams reclassifies to 2021

This would make for a good base and hopefully provide a bit of balance to the roster moving forward.

batmanfan

Quote from: Razorod on July 12, 2018, 07:47:31 am
We'll probably know something about Johnson and Thompson by August when these recruits usually announce the schools they intend to visit. If we're on the list of five schools to get official visits from them, then we're in the hunt.

Right now, Garland getting cleared or not will impact how and who Anderson recruits.

If Garland is cleared, the Hogs will be a bit congested at the three guard slots--Harris, Embery, Sills, Joe, Jones, Phillips and Garland. Seven players all bunched together in the freshmen/sophomore class.

Plus, Justice Hill is committed. If no attrition occurs, that's eight players vying for time at three positions going into the 19-20 season, with none being seniors.

Obviously, some form of attrition will occur. Garland might not get cleared, Hill might opt for football, we might have a two-and-done player or two among the guards, somebody gets tired of sitting on the bench and looks for greener pastures somewhere else, injuries, etc.

Here's what I sorta hope happens:

a two-player class in 2019--Hill, Iwuakor
a three-four player class in 2020--Moody, Doakes, Ongenda, Moore
Jaylin Williams reclassifies to 2021

This would make for a good base and hopefully provide a bit of balance to the roster moving forward.

Ya was kinda hoping he'd reclassify as well. Not sure how you could take him over the others.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

The_Iceman

Let's just land these 4 and call it a class, huh?

Razorod

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 13, 2018, 09:35:00 am
I'd be extremely happy with that!

hogwood

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 13, 2018, 09:35:00 am

Let's do it! Arkansas kids for the win!

I'm feeling we'll have a surprisingly good season this year and Gafford will be a national star plus be a lottery pick. I think it could help us a lot with the likes of Moody and anyone else. Hope Moody visits and has Gafford as his guide.

texas tush hog

Quote from: hogwood on July 10, 2018, 07:17:11 pm

Moody, Doakes, and Moore will be Hogs. Ogenda as well probably. Depends on the numbers, actually.

Razorod

Quote from: texas tush hog on July 19, 2018, 09:16:06 am

Moody, Doakes, and Moore will be Hogs. Ogenda as well probably. Depends on the numbers, actually.
Sounds good to me!

Hawg Red

Traditionally, we've gotten players like Moore and Doakes (top 75-100+ in-state). But we're losing 3-2 (under Anderson, with in-state kids in the top 50 or so nationally. Moody is a very important recruit, but we can survive and still push the program forward (in terms of progress) without him.

I think we can be confident in getting Moore and Doakes in the end. That's a great start to the class. It's hard to envision anything less than a very solid class for 2020.